Arrested for praying

Started by Barry, November 01, 2019, 08:43:30 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=4710 time=1573205227 user_id=98
Yes, you are a big looking biker bloke and no doubt you can 'dish it out' and have had to, but I respect that you try to desist from that & keep things civil. It is good.

Actually I am like life, nasty, brutal, and short.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=4708 time=1573204742 user_id=89
It is a tactic straight out of the propaganda manual when someone makes a referenced with evidence critical comment about a government policy or points out someone is wrong with evidence don't challenge the evidence undermine, ridicule and abuse the person instead.

Yes, you are a big looking biker bloke and no doubt you can 'dish it out' and have had to, but I respect that you try to desist from that & keep things civil. It is good.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=4707 time=1573204382 user_id=98

No doubt papa & Baron could defend themselves, but I happen to believe that they're generally too polite to tell you what they really think - and you and others are abusing their good nature, which is wrong.

It is a tactic straight out of the propaganda manual when someone makes a referenced with evidence critical comment about a government policy or points out someone is wrong with evidence don't challenge the evidence undermine, ridicule and abuse the person instead.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4703 time=1573203345 user_id=69
Everyone is a critic and self appointed censor these days Oh Hum I give my opinion if you or others don't like my opinion either challenge it or ignore it .

I have been ribbed for years about my poor spelling so much its like water off a ducks back sometimes my own mistakes make me chuckle I stopped being embarrassed about years, I quite often  miss words out in sentences, perhaps some should look at the content not the presentation instead.

As I pointed out to Barry who did not offend me by the way there there is a reason for it as well as not being grammatically correct, there is nothing I can do about it its called Dyslexia I can even spell it most days without aid of the spell checker, I am quite fortunate on the grand scale of things it is at the lower end of the scale.

I certainly know what it means which 60 years ago even teachers knew nothing about sadly some people still do not understand the condition, despite that I have been very successful in obtaining good well paid employment in quite demanding responsible positions for over 50 years until my recent retirement  

If I wanted to be nasty you and everyone else would really know about , its called plain speaking its part of my Northern background a cultural thing  we say what we think, honesty is the policy sadly some do not understand that in this enlightened day and age.

I don't do fancy obscure words not in common usage trying to portray myself as something I am not, what you see is what you get if you don't like it not my problem

I am sure Baron and Papasmurf  are not Snowflakes and more than capable of countering anything I or you post with their own opinions and don't need any help from you.

Well, funnily enough Barry, rightly, agrees.

And no, none of those words I used or use are fancy, and no I wasn't poking fun at your dyslexia so don't imply that I was. And I'm afraid people do write some nasty stuff to papa, so I was right to point that out - I pointed out that you were dismissive which was exactly right.

No doubt papa & Baron could defend themselves, but I happen to believe that they're generally too polite to tell you what they really think - and you and others are abusing their good nature, which is wrong.
+++

Churchill

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=4631 time=1573152264 user_id=74
What is sensible? A BBC report? A fact? A view?

How do you know all things to assess their level of sensible?

BBC not the fountain of all knowledge and accuracy but some if it is, I give what I think is a  sensible view opinion as I see it nobody you included knows everything or has assess to all , if we all did debate would end and life would be very boring
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Churchill

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=4652 time=1573160336 user_id=98
His response was an opinion and was as sensible as yours, many have the opinion that the police, prison service etc need more accountability..

..Even senior Tories.

I don't like the way some on this forum follow the cliqueish groupthink...and instantly dismiss anything that certain posters say.

I noticed you complained when someone ribbed you for your poor spelling and then instantly dismissed you and everything you say completely. Well you were right to say that that was stupid, and now please recognize that the same is true for others.

Some of the vituperation aimed at papasmurf is similarly wholly unwarranted; it is pure nastiness.

I happen to have seen both of them elsewhere and can say that they are very intelligent, if a little (ok a lot) eccentric, which is usually considered a good thing in this here country.... but I suppose things are moving on and to "get with the times" you have to respond with twotter style 'snappy one liners' or outright abuse in abbreviated txtspk.

Everyone is a critic and self appointed censor these days Oh Hum I give my opinion if you or others don't like my opinion either challenge it or ignore it .

I have been ribbed for years about my poor spelling so much its like water off a ducks back sometimes my own mistakes make me chuckle I stopped being embarrassed about years, I quite often  miss words out in sentences, perhaps some should look at the content not the presentation instead.

As I pointed out to Barry who did not offend me by the way there there is a reason for it as well as not being grammatically correct, there is nothing I can do about it its called Dyslexia I can even spell it most days without aid of the spell checker, I am quite fortunate on the grand scale of things it is at the lower end of the scale.

I certainly know what it means which 60 years ago even teachers knew nothing about sadly some people still do not understand the condition, despite that I have been very successful in obtaining good well paid employment in quite demanding responsible positions for over 50 years until my recent retirement  

If I wanted to be nasty you and everyone else would really know about , its called plain speaking its part of my Northern background a cultural thing  we say what we think, honesty is the policy sadly some do not understand that in this enlightened day and age.

I don't do fancy obscure words not in common usage trying to portray myself as something I am not, what you see is what you get if you don't like it not my problem

I am sure Baron and Papasmurf  are not Snowflakes and more than capable of countering anything I or you post with their own opinions and don't need any help from you.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Barry

^^ That's a fair post, Dynamis, if we don't accept that we are all different, we won't have people on the forum with which to interact.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4491 time=1573118988 user_id=69
If you don't get a reply from me it means your rambling was not worth a reply, if you post anything sensible you may get a response

His response was an opinion and was as sensible as yours, many have the opinion that the police, prison service etc need more accountability..

..Even senior Tories.

I don't like the way some on this forum follow the cliqueish groupthink...and instantly dismiss anything that certain posters say.

I noticed you complained when someone ribbed you for your poor spelling and then instantly dismissed you and everything you say completely. Well you were right to say that that was stupid, and now please recognize that the same is true for others.

Some of the vituperation aimed at papasmurf is similarly wholly unwarranted; it is pure nastiness.

I happen to have seen both of them elsewhere and can say that they are very intelligent, if a little (ok a lot) eccentric, which is usually considered a good thing in this here country.... but I suppose things are moving on and to "get with the times" you have to respond with twotter style 'snappy one liners' or outright abuse in abbreviated txtspk.
+++

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4491 time=1573118988 user_id=69
If you don't get a reply from me it means your rambling was not worth a reply, if you post anything sensible you may get a response

What is sensible? A BBC report? A fact? A view?

How do you know all things to assess their level of sensible?
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Churchill

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4366 time=1573064537 user_id=69:roll:

Can't we get a reply these days? I never know what your little babies are trying to say. Are they hungry?

Churchill

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4263 time=1573030152 user_id=69
If a Custody Officer in a Police did not follow the Code it would be very evident and provable if a prisoner made a complaint that his or her rights had been breached that is what part of Code C is all about , cells either in a Police Station or a Prison are not fun that is self evident those in them don't want to be there, if you had ever been in either yes they smell of urine BO and cabbage.

Like in Strangeways eh?

I'm not saying all police are like this, but in such situations both in police cells and prisons, you get corruption that includes the person reading the complaint, so you have to chase it up another level and then you find the same thing until you get to the man who controls the whole country!

This corruption is not uniform. Think of it like a rotten vegetable. Some bits have large rotten areas and some still look OK. So you can't just assess the whole vegetable from looking at one patch of it. The London Met were known to be particularly ruthless - a law unto themselves. They gave the Thames Valley Police lessons on how to serve the community. Inspector Chisholm was fictional character, but based on real life.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Barry post_id=4095 time=1572953242 user_id=51
No, T00ts, but the underlying issue here is abortion in general.

Abortion + the fact it is forced by the state with the threat of unlawful imprisonment.

Nalaar

Quote from: BarryThe exclusion zone, upheld by the Court of Appeal in October 2019, prohibits a range of activities within 100m of the clinic and even outlaws prayer. It states] in any act of approval/disapproval or attempted act of approval/disapproval, with respect to issues related to abortion services, by any means. This includes but is not limited to graphic, verbal or written means, prayer or counselling.'

What a disgrace when an innocent paraplegic is arrested for praying in public in England, a Christian country.

As per the blue text, the man would of been arrested if he was in the buffer zone showing support for the clinic, which kinda puts a dampener on the religious persecution angle.
Don't believe everything you think.