Vaccines and treatments for COVID-19 and flu - gov consultation

Started by Barry, September 16, 2020, 09:27:23 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2020, 10:52:09 PMYou've got Stockholm Syndrome, like half the country. You are just sitting back and saying how good it is that the government have taken away our abilities to earn money, our rights to meet our own family, hug our relatives and friends, and so on. Rights to move about in our own communities, they are basic human rights!
It's easy to see how totalitarians gain a hold in a country, when people just roll over like that.
You admitted in #28 you went OTT in reading the govt consultation document, but then still went of to build on that to suggest what further rules would be brought in. Now references to Human Rights and dictatorships are wildly flung around.
OK — those maybe your readings of the situation. But I prefer to stick with mine as I believe taking care along the lines advised offers greater protection than simply carping. Put simply: hand washing is likely to offer better protection than hand wringing...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2020, 12:26:17 PM
I'm a radio ham, although a bit dormant, when a brand new radio came out, some of us would avoid buying until the bugs had been fixed. Usually took a year.
I won't be rushing to get a vaccine. I've managed without a flu vaccine for many many years, after one I had in my twenties made me ill.
Consent is a major part of treating people in the health service. The NHS have time for people who decline, even if Smurfy doesn't.
Bad move admitting that,as a confirmed brexiter and of a certain age there are posters who will claim you are a radio gammon  ???......bloody cheek
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: patman post on October 04, 2020, 03:42:26 PMBeing a wimp and concerned with family and self preservation, I see nothing set out in the govt consultation to complain about. Likewise I have no argument with what we're told to do by the govt and its advisers and take care to apply them and also take extra care at work, out, and at home...
You've got Stockholm Syndrome, like half the country. You are just sitting back and saying how good it is that the government have taken away our abilities to earn money, our rights to meet our own family, hug our relatives and friends, and so on. Rights to move about in our own communities, they are basic human rights!
It's easy to see how totalitarians gain a hold in a country, when people just roll over like that.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: patman post on October 04, 2020, 04:55:26 PM
The only non-understanding of restrictions by the PM that I have noted was on their application when questioned. A sin maybe, but quickly cleared up in a following personal statement.

"a sin maybe"?

However many people and commentators consider govt advice and restrictions arbitrary and stupid, they are only stating their opinions.

As are you, demonstrating that you think we should follow advice from a govt who you yourself view as utterly incompetent.

Your logic isn't impeccable.

QuoteQuibbling over such things as the variations in restrictions between one post code and another demonstrates pettiness.

An invented argument of yours..

QuoteThe instructions are clear — most of us would know we breach them if we chance it and dart across the street (from or into a restricted area) to Mr Patel's for a couple of cans of White Lightening.

Sounds like Patel's new immigration policy, your party seem to be going wrong..

I suggest that if push comes to shove, the majority of the population understands the wordings of the advice and restrictions and accepts them and acts accordingly.

No. Not when the instructions are 100% confused and unclear. Are you a Tory HQ propaganda bot?

QuoteAdmittedly it's better if we understand the reasoning behind them, but not necessary — a bit like restrictions and limitations on the ages for different driving licences...

Yes well some people never reach the required maturity for that or many other things, some in addition need the govt to baby them their whole lives even though they agree the govt acting as their parents are incompetent.

Of course reasonable guidelines should be followed, but arbitrary rules that even MP's don't stick to, and which Bojo contradicts, are a laughing stock.

Truly you are a Tory sycophant with no thinking ability of your own.
+++

patman post

Quote from: Dynamis on October 04, 2020, 04:08:25 PM
You really do talk a load of old bollocks.

Even Bojo doesn't understand the 'restrictions' the media have repeatedly pointed out that they are arbitrary and stupid.

So you're calling 3/4's of the country and most folks 'quibblers' and saying you're better than everyone else, going on the lack of thought that often goes into your posts I very much doubt that.
The only non-understanding of restrictions by the PM that I have noted was on their application when questioned. A sin maybe, but quickly cleared up in a following personal statement.
However many people and commentators consider govt advice and restrictions arbitrary and stupid, they are only stating their opinions. Quibbling over such things as the variations in restrictions between one post code and another demonstrates pettiness. The instructions are clear — most of us would know we breach them if we chance it and dart across the street (from or into a restricted area) to Mr Patel's for a couple of cans of White Lightening.
I suggest that if push comes to shove, the majority of the population understands the wordings of the advice and restrictions and accepts them and acts accordingly. Admittedly it's better if we understand the reasoning behind them, but not necessary — a bit like restrictions and limitations on the ages for different driving licences...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borg Refinery

Quote from: patman post on October 04, 2020, 03:42:26 PM
quibblers over current restrictions and recommendations won't cause greater grief. Add in people who complain they don't understand the advice and rules (and thus apparently cannot use their own common sense to lessen their risks of contracting and spreading Covid)

You really do talk a load of old bollocks.

Even Bojo doesn't understand the 'restrictions' the media have repeatedly pointed out that they are arbitrary and stupid.

So you're calling 3/4's of the country and most folks 'quibblers' and saying you're better than everyone else, going on the lack of thought that often goes into your posts I very much doubt that.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on October 04, 2020, 03:42:26 PM

The MMR scam to boost sales of single protection vaccines was widely believed and put many people off vaccinating their children and became responsible for thousands of deaths and disabilities in children..

The charlatan who started the MMR scam should have been jailed for life.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2020, 10:18:00 AM
The compulsion will be subtle, Pat. I agree it is not in that consultation paper, maybe I got carried away with the excitement of reading it.
It will mean you can't go to the theatre without a certificate. Will need to carry on wearing a face covering without a certificate.
Cannot use a PIN keypad without a certificate, get the picture?
TfL already sanitises keypads and other continually handled fittings, cinemas have distanced seating, some restaurants already required a card/phone number when taking reservation, etc. It's sensible to be medicated/inoculated/vaccinated when travelling to some countries — the list of available precautions grows as science identifies them. It's also been sensible for years to carry hand sanitiser during the winter cold an flu season. The health laws I recall that have impacted society in recent years are crash helmet wearing, seat belts and the the smoking ban. These are mostly accepted and few people now consider them bad laws. The negative aspects of wearing a mask in public, restricting pub and restaurant hours, limiting customers in retail outlets, etc, seem trivial compared to the smoking ban.
The MMR scam to boost sales of single protection vaccines was widely believed and put many people off vaccinating their children and became responsible for thousands of deaths and disabilities in children. Nothing I read or see convinces me that anti-vaxxers and quibblers over current restrictions and recommendations won't cause greater grief. Add in people who complain they don't understand the advice and rules (and thus apparently cannot use their own common sense to lessen their risks of contracting and spreading Covid), and the winter period is likely to turn out more grim than it need be.
Being a wimp and concerned with family and self preservation, I see nothing set out in the govt consultation to complain about. Likewise I have no argument with what we're told to do by the govt and its advisers and take care to apply them and also take extra care at work, out, and at home...

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2020, 01:48:59 PM
Quite, however joking apart American Big Pharma getting anywhere near the NHS is to be resisted at all costs.

The issue is thick-as-custard potato head Cummings controlling whitehall and extending his reach further and eventually overriding the decisions of NPB's like NIHCE, and dictating thay we 'must' take experimental medicines because Trump said so, post Brexit.

Making money always comes first.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on October 04, 2020, 01:29:43 PM
Don't worry, all will be fine if you just take your overprescribed meds and vaccines without question and do whatever Boris tells you, even if he's not sure what that is himself. And US big pharma is always benevolent and trustworthy and compassionate.

Quite, however joking apart American Big Pharma getting anywhere near the NHS is to be resisted at all costs.

Borg Refinery

Don't worry, all will be fine if you just take your overprescribed meds and vaccines without question and do whatever Boris tells you, even if he's not sure what that is himself. And US big pharma is always benevolent and trustworthy and compassionate.

A pin sandwich sounds great, sign me up.

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 04, 2020, 12:30:12 PM
you go first then ... and we can see if you are one of the 1 in 30,000 class of adverse reactions ...

To which vaccine? I would have would thought you of all people would not support the anti vaccers. After the MMR jab nonsence.
I never had a Smallpox vaccination because my then GP had a long discussion with my mother that due to my contact with dairy cows I probably had immunity because of Cowpox, at that stage the vaccine was killing more than Smallpox because Smallpox was practically eradicated.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2020, 10:30:55 AM
Frankly anyone refusing a vaccination is perverse.  I have no time for them at all or any spurious idiocy they come out with to defend their indefensible stance.

you go first then ... and we can see if you are one of the 1 in 30,000 class of adverse reactions ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

I'm a radio ham, although a bit dormant, when a brand new radio came out, some of us would avoid buying until the bugs had been fixed. Usually took a year.
I won't be rushing to get a vaccine. I've managed without a flu vaccine for many many years, after one I had in my twenties made me ill.
Consent is a major part of treating people in the health service. The NHS have time for people who decline, even if Smurfy doesn't.
† The end is nigh †