« previous - next »

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:25:25 PM
Good we agree.

Scotland hasn't left the UK.
That decsion has been taken.

Being a UK or even an EU member is not something you can change every 4 years like your governing party.
This is not a possibility and you knew that full well when you casted your vote.

We dont agree.

You are opposed to the basic principle of democracy being a never endum , and dont want people to have their views tested in future .

You are an anti democrat .

Baff

Good we agree.

Scotland hasn't left the UK.
That decsion has been taken.

Being a UK or even an EU member is not something you can change every 4 years like your governing party.
This is not a possibility and you knew that full well when you casted your vote.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:22:17 PM
Firstly, you fail at maths.
This isn't genius maths. It is elementary maths.

Are you consistent on your arguments?
Do you think they should of had a second referendum?

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:03:55 PM
62% is not bigger than 55%.
Sorry.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:22:17 PM

aye very consistent.

Repeat after me baffy for the hard of understanding........once a referendum result is implemented , you can then hold another and so on.

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on February 14, 2021, 12:19:32 PM
well , i have argued for five years nearly now , that remainers had to accept the result of the 2016 brexit referendum , which i voted remain in , and then once implemented , they could in the future go again.

Your position seems to be  , despite the fact you readily admit you never vote anyway , once a referendum is held , thats it for eternity.

so clearly as well as being a maths genius , you dont really understand this voting malarkey do you biffo. :D
Firstly, you fail at maths.
This isn't genius maths. It is elementary maths.

Baff

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:17:19 PM
I've read your posts I know your position on democracy.
You wish to ignore a democratically taken decision becuase you didn't like the outcome.

It's not a matter of principle for you.
If the situations were reverse you would not be calling for second referendum to prevent you leaving the UK.

well , i have argued for five years nearly now , that remainers had to accept the result of the 2016 brexit referendum , which i voted remain in , and then once implemented , they could in the future go again.

Your position seems to be  , despite the fact you readily admit you never vote anyway , once a referendum is held , thats it for eternity.

so clearly as well as being a maths genius , you dont really understand this voting malarkey do you biffo. :D

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on February 14, 2021, 12:10:19 PM
i havent claimed you do  have a favourite party. Stop being disingenuous , i was making a hypothetical point to enforce a valid criticism of your warped view of demcoracy.

ask the forum members of my position on democracy and referendums , both brexiter and remainer wil ltell you my consistent vies for years.

You can have as many referendums on any subject you like, but you must each time implement the result.

What you are asking for is not a decision you can reverse every 4 years. As well you knew when you decided to take it.

You on the other hand are scared stiff of democracy. You run out and vote once on a subject you can be bothered about , and then run back into hiding expecting no more referendums in case your decision is reversed.

For a person who readily admits you dont take part normally in the deomcratic process , to now whine about  democracy is laughable.

I've read your posts I know your position on democracy.
You wish to ignore a democratically taken decision becuase you didn't like the outcome.

It's not a matter of principle for you.
If the situations were reverse you would not be calling for second referendum to prevent you leaving the UK.

Thomas

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on February 14, 2021, 12:11:29 PM
im not a maths genius its true , but i do remember my school lesson ,and how my teacher always taught me 62 was bigger than 55. :D
No, he didn't.
He never taught you that.

Beiong a smart arse keeps you dumb.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:07:15 PM
Still going for the dishonest approach.

If you can't win by being truthful, then you don't deserve to win.
Lying is an admission to yourself that you are wrong.

im not a maths genius its true , but i do remember my school lesson ,and how my teacher always taught me 62 was bigger than 55. :D

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on February 14, 2021, 12:03:55 PM

I don't have any favourite party Thomas.
I have never voted for any party in my life.

I have made one vote and one vote only.

i havent claimed you do  have a favourite party. Stop being disingenuous , i was making a hypothetical point to enforce a valid criticism of your warped view of demcoracy.

Quote"Democracy is a neverendum".
I do not belive even for one second that you woud now be saying this if you had won the referendum.
This is a fundamentally dishonest statement. An argument of convenience and not principle.

ask the forum members of my position on democracy and referendums , both brexiter and remainer wil ltell you my consistent vies for years.

You can have as many referendums on any subject you like, but you must each time implement the result.

You on the other hand are scared stiff of democracy. You run out and vote once on a subject you can be bothered about , and then run back into hiding expecting no more referendums in case your decision is reversed.

For a person who readily admits you dont take part normally in the deomcratic process , to now whine about  democracy is laughable.

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on February 14, 2021, 12:04:54 PM
:D

( barry is this an example of baffys great debating)?
Still going for the dishonest approach.

If you can't win by being truthful, then you don't deserve to win.
Lying is an admission to yourself that you are wrong.