« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on June 23, 2021, 07:24:25 PM
Well it would be good if youcould
a) point out where I've ever said you are crazy
and
b) where I've ever denied it could have been made in a lab
Thanks in advance.
Fair enough, you got me there.  But yes, the most logical explanation is that different people have different motives.  Billy no mates wanted to vaccinate the world before all of this.  Matt Wancock is just in it for money, as is big pharma.  They are not interested in your health or freedom.  (Now if you don't call me crazy, I'll be disappointed).
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on June 23, 2021, 06:59:42 PM
Joking aside, of course I sympathise with anyone getting jabbed.  But can you not see the irony of thinking I'm the crazy one for asking why would anyone get jabbed?  No one could properly answer, and now here you are.  Of course the bug didn't come from a lab, did it? - because that's just batsh*t crazy.  And the research into quantum dye for digital ID tattoos is just crazy.  One word for you - denial.
Well it would be good if youcould
a) point out where I've ever said you are crazy
and
b) where I've ever denied it could have been made in a lab
Thanks in advance.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on June 23, 2021, 06:47:55 PM
Sod that.  It's not you placing staff in a tricky situation, it's the government for providing misleading information.  Lots of staff genuinely believe you need to prove exemption.  They are wrong.  I have been refused entry to a library because I refused the track and trace (which is also not a legal requirement).  I have been told my my dentist I MUST have an exemption card.  As a man of principle, I won't be penalised for someone else's mistakes.

Judging by your contributions to this forum I am surprised you get let in anywhere.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on June 23, 2021, 06:50:02 PM
Actually in this case I sympathise with Smurfy,My wife despite two jabs is clinically vulnerable and has had similar advice.

Our GP is trained,spent many years working in hospitals and general practice,I trust her know how over yours though you apparently believe it's all nonsense and about giving people a bar code.

Perhaps you need a restraining order :P :P

Joking aside, of course I sympathise with anyone getting jabbed.  But can you not see the irony of thinking I'm the crazy one for asking why would anyone get jabbed?  No one could properly answer, and now here you are.  Of course the bug didn't come from a lab, did it? - because that's just batsh*t crazy.  And the research into quantum dye for digital ID tattoos is just crazy.  One word for you - denial.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on June 23, 2021, 06:35:18 PMAny more detail is none of your or anyone else's effing business.
There I agree with you, which is why PP will remain puzzled. I'm not telling all and sundry my true medical history.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on June 23, 2021, 06:35:18 PM
Any more detail is none of your or anyone else's effing business.
Exactly what I say about being exempt.  😉

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on June 23, 2021, 06:29:05 PM
Some kind of restraining order?  😉
Actually in this case I sympathise with Smurfy,My wife despite two jabs is clinically vulnerable and has had similar advice.

Our GP is trained,spent many years working in hospitals and general practice,I trust her know how over yours though you apparently believe it's all nonsense and about giving people a bar code.

Perhaps you need a restraining order :P :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Scott777

Quote from: Borchester on June 22, 2021, 07:56:30 PM
When I get on a bus or go into a supermarket I put on a mask so as not to place the staff in a tricky position.
Sod that.  It's not you placing staff in a tricky situation, it's the government for providing misleading information.  Lots of staff genuinely believe you need to prove exemption.  They are wrong.  I have been refused entry to a library because I refused the track and trace (which is also not a legal requirement).  I have been told my my dentist I MUST have an exemption card.  As a man of principle, I won't be penalised for someone else's mistakes.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on June 23, 2021, 06:29:05 PM

Only serious instructions from the nurse who counselled myself and my wife before I started some experimental treatment for a medical condition, plus advice from my GP. I am classed as clinically extremely vulnerable and any infection during the treatment could be very dangerous. Any more detail is none of your or anyone else's effing business.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on June 22, 2021, 01:48:51 PM
Despite having had both jabs (Last one the end of March.) I am still being advised by my GP to avoid people and shops.

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: Barry on June 22, 2021, 10:27:21 PM
Oh good. Hope you are doing your twice weekly no symptoms tests.
Our organisation has signed up for employee workplace testing. I'm still only going in to the office three times a week at most, and do it there. We could do it at home, but Mrs prefers to rely on her "temperature taser"...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on June 22, 2021, 02:04:58 PM

As I understand it, anybody was able to claim that exemption if challenged — the govt also provided printable template certification for those wanting more official recognition of their [unspecified] affliction. 

What I don't understand is the reasoning of those who are/were supposedly exempt from mask wearing, but still wore the mask for whatever reason. Was the mask really that more disabling for them in the first place? If so, and the mask was so disabling as to be unwearable for some, should these people have been out on their own in enclosed spaces in any case...?

Well.... Again a personal example.

I don't fully understand, but bring a medical oxygen cylinder and someone who knows how to use it and I'll give you a demo. My lungs are currently too waterlogged courtesy of long Covid to function properly. As a result, anything - and believe me, the mask is quite enough - that impairs airflow in the upper respiratory tract causes detectable stress in the diaphragm and more work to breathe.

In cool dry air I don't have a problem

In hot humid air things go downhill with little warning. The sensors in the sides of the neck that monitor temperature kick off and I start to hyperventilate. With the airway impaired this rapidly builds up moist air at the top of the respiratory tract. That retains CO2 and gets acidic. THAT triggers another sensor in the neck area and now things go downhill. Pulse starts to race and breathing increases as my body thinks, wrongly, the blood is not oxygenated enough because the acidic fluid fools it into thinking I'm oversaturated with CO2

The increased respiration and pulse rate kick.off the atrial fibrillation, blood flow starts to stutter. At 140+ I risk a stroke. At 150+ the atria can no longer cope and blood flow becomes ineffective.  I pass out and hit the ground about 15 seconds later.

The fix is to rip the mask off. This instantly removes the excess warm moist acidic air and I recover to normality inside five to fifteen seconds of hyperventilation

Bizarrely passing out and lying horizontal reduces the blood pressure and I reboot. I'm usually at this point up close and personal with a very stressed stranger unless one of my kids is around, I can hear them saying "oh he will be fine in a minute, and if he isn't, his death in service benefit is a quarter mil". Twice now I've had to tell Jennifer sorry, the lottery ticket hasn't come up as I sit up

In the First aid manuals they refer to "secondary drowning" I think my issue is something similar to it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on June 22, 2021, 04:14:11 PM
My info on mask wearing regulations has been gleaned from gov.uk sites....

Ignore them Pat. Have a word with your mum who is a nurse. A mask might stop a bacteria but not a virus, which is about a zillion times smaller. The only thing a mask will do is give you a face full of warm snot.

This kerfuffle is like the Black Death when the authorities started killing Jews for poisoning the wells. It did not stop the plague but the government thought they had to do something.
Algerie Francais !