Fear Not.

Started by Nick, July 01, 2021, 02:06:49 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on July 30, 2021, 03:43:03 PM
Yeah but, in any other world if he wasn't so full of nonsense, you would find him a pain in the backside as well. I suppose dog whistle politics is OK then in the Brussels play book. I will keep it in mind.
You can go at his points all you want but a constant attack at the person should be called out.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on July 30, 2021, 02:47:44 PM
In your opinion.
It was meant as an insult, and you know it. And yes it was borchester not you. Did I say it was you ?  No.

In case you can't follow you said it was a question, making out it was innocent, it wasn't, it was an insult which is what I pulled you on as you tried to double down on it and throwing a comment like "desist", who talks like that.
Yeah but, in any other world if he wasn't so full of nonsense, you would find him a pain in the backside as well. I suppose dog whistle politics is OK then in the Brussels play book. I will keep it in mind.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on July 30, 2021, 08:44:07 AM
Gerry, you can't even follow who posted something let alone the meaning of it.
In your opinion.
It was meant as an insult, and you know it. And yes it was borchester not you. Did I say it was you ?  No.

In case you can't follow you said it was a question, making out it was innocent, it wasn't, it was an insult which is what I pulled you on as you tried to double down on it and throwing a comment like "desist", who talks like that.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on July 29, 2021, 10:25:53 AM
I can see why he didn't reply, but for info, that's not a "question", [HIGHLIGHT]In how you put it[/HIGHLIGHT], at best it's rhetorical but it was meant as an insult.

Gerry, you can't even follow who posted something let alone the meaning of it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 29, 2021, 01:07:53 PM

So, on one hand you claim there is nowhere for workers to stay, yet on the other you claim thousands of people not citizens of the UK who were working here doing these jobs have f**ked off.

So where were they sleeping ? On park benches....

Both are factors in the problem. (It isn't me claiming anything, I have referenced the problems often.)Topically today:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/bishop-truro-speaks-out-devastating-5713013?utm_source=cornwall_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

08:44, 29 JUL 2021
Bishop of Truro speaks out on devastating effect of second homes in Cornwall
'The holiday homes bother me even more than the second homes,' says the Rt Rev Philip Mounstephen
The Bishop of Truro has spoken out on the "devastating" effect second homes are having on communities in Cornwall, which he believes has led to a "serious crisis".

The Right Reverend Philip Mounstephen told a housing debate at the General Synod earlier this month that the sale of homes to people living outside the county was "hollowing out town and village centres, pushing local people to the edge of town".
He recognised that second home owners contribute a lot but stressed that the "unregulated market" was causing serious problems in Cornwall, where he has been Bishop of Truro for almost three years.
There are now around 20,000 second homes in Cornwall, constituting about 15 per cent of all housing stock. "It's denying homes to local people, massively ramping up prices and producing a crisis in the rental sector," said Bishop Philip.

He told the national meeting, chaired from Church House, Westminster, that there were now 16,000 people looking for council housing, around three per cent of the population but that there were only 43 properties available. "A housing emergency is very likely to be declared by Cornwall Council."

Bishop of Truro speaks out on devastating effect of second homes in Cornwall
'The holiday homes bother me even more than the second homes,' says the Rt Rev Philip Mounstephen
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2021, 04:17:15 PM
There is NO labour available, FFS just how  many references do you want?

There is no labour available because of the now crisis level of nowhere for them to live, plus the many thousands of workers from the EU who went back home to Europe and Priti Patel won't ley them back in.
(As I referenced ages ago there are only around 4000 people available for work, and that won't even start to address the 40000 plus needed.
You also make the mistake that those available for work have the skills needed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57403083

Hospitality workers priced out of UK tourism hotspots
By Julia Paul
Radio 4, You and Yours

Published10 June

Hotel worker Jon Phillips has given up trying to rent a home near his job in Cornwall and is now living on his boat.

"My landlord said: 'Look Jon, you're paying me £800 a month for this one bedroom apartment, and I've just found out that I can be charging people on holiday £1,200 a week.'"

He is one of many hospitality workers in British tourist hotspots who are finding accommodation scarce.

This is as landlords want to cash in on the UK holiday boom.

Hospitality 'struggling to fill thousands of jobs'
Covid and jobs: Why are hospitality workers leaving the industry?
Jon is the front of house manager for Red Hotels, which includes the Scarlet Hotel and the Bedruthan Hotel in Mawgan Porth, along the coast from Newquay.

He moved to Cornwall to take up his job in October 2020, and, after staying in staff accommodation, in January began renting a one-bedroom flat in Newquay for £800 a month.

So, on one hand you claim there is nowhere for workers to stay, yet on the other you claim thousands of people not citizens of the UK who were working here doing these jobs have fucked off.

So where were they sleeping ? On park benches....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 08, 2021, 12:36:31 AM

The reasons we are going round and round is because your answers don't add up.

There are only 4000 available for work. What doesn't work are your assumptions.
The people who used to do the work went back home to Europe since Brexit and the pandemic and Priti Patel won't let them back in.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 08, 2021, 12:32:27 AM
So where did you get your farming skills from at the age of nine?

Taught them by the farmer.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on July 08, 2021, 06:17:08 AM
Nothing in the Highlighted text above is either nasty or a lie, it is a question so desist. If you want to play the victim do it somewhere else.

I can see why he didn't reply, but for info, that's not a "question", In how you put it, at best it's rhetorical but it was meant as an insult.

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on July 07, 2021, 05:55:36 PM[highlight]Tell me Pappy, have you ever had a job?[/highlight]

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2021, 08:06:34 PMI am fed up with your continual very nasty personal comments and lies about me.

Nothing in the Highlighted text above is either nasty or a lie, it is a question so desist. If you want to play the victim do it somewhere else.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2021, 04:17:15 PM
There is NO labour available, FFS just how  many references do you want?

There is no labour available because of the now crisis level of nowhere for them to live, plus the many thousands of workers from the EU who went back home to Europe and Priti Patel won't ley them back in.
(As I referenced ages ago there are only around 4000 people available for work, and that won't even start to address the 40000 plus needed.
You also make the mistake that those available for work have the skills needed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57403083

Hospitality workers priced out of UK tourism hotspots
By Julia Paul
Radio 4, You and Yours

Published10 June

Hotel worker Jon Phillips has given up trying to rent a home near his job in Cornwall and is now living on his boat.

"My landlord said: 'Look Jon, you're paying me £800 a month for this one bedroom apartment, and I've just found out that I can be charging people on holiday £1,200 a week.'"

He is one of many hospitality workers in British tourist hotspots who are finding accommodation scarce.

This is as landlords want to cash in on the UK holiday boom.

Hospitality 'struggling to fill thousands of jobs'
Covid and jobs: Why are hospitality workers leaving the industry?
Jon is the front of house manager for Red Hotels, which includes the Scarlet Hotel and the Bedruthan Hotel in Mawgan Porth, along the coast from Newquay.

He moved to Cornwall to take up his job in October 2020, and, after staying in staff accommodation, in January began renting a one-bedroom flat in Newquay for £800 a month.

So where are the 55K unemployed then if they can't wait on tables?
Where are they living? Don't say they have left cause they wouldn't be in the figures if they didn't live there anymore.

The reasons we are going round and round is because your answers don't add up.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2021, 08:06:34 PMI was working from the age of nine, part time farm work, and many odd jobs as well.

So where did you get your farming skills from at the age of nine?

Sheepy

Is there any thread left, where anyone who dare answers him back has not been turned into "I am being personally insulted" this care in the community lark has become very tiresome again.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on July 07, 2021, 08:14:50 PM
Well if you are as capable as your work record when posting a reply you would ignore Newtons third law,even Borky has commented so in a recent post to you.
I doubt you will take note,you would be a lot happier if you did not react.

I should NOT be continually subjected to personal insults, it is against the forum rules which some people appear never to have read, including the moderators.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on July 07, 2021, 08:06:34 PM
A lot more skills and training that you seem to think.
I am fed up with your continual very nasty personal comments and lies about me.
I was working from the age of nine, part time farm work, and many odd jobs as well.
I did part time work throughout my school years and when I was studying at college.
I did five year engineering apprenticeship as well as part time work and odd jobs as well.
I worked for wide range of engineering companies.
I was also self employed during most of the 1970s as a long distance lorry driver as well as odd jobs.
In the early 80s I went back into engineering programming,setting and operating NC and CNC machines.
Thatcher destroyed that job.
I then moved to Cornwall due to that and a 17.5% mortgage. For a short time I had two 17.5% mortgages.
I worked for a firearms dealer, (that led to tribunal because I was asked to carry out compliance certification on MOD contracts which I was not qualified to do.)
The government sent a QC to represent me at the tribunal, which I won.
I then did some work which I can't comment on due to having to sign the official secrets act.
After that I did many and various engineering jobs.
So in answer to your vary nasty personal comment yes I have worked 60 to 80 hours a week until I retired a few years early due to working 60/80 hours a week screwing up my health. (I also has small private pension.)
Well if you are as capable as your work record when posting a reply you would ignore Newtons third law,even Borky has commented so in a recent post to you.
QuoteHave you tried smiling and waving so that the tourists think, well, this isn't any fun and slink off leaving you in peace

I doubt you will take note,you would be a lot happier if you did not react.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?