Fear Not.

Started by Nick, July 01, 2021, 02:06:49 PM

« previous - next »

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: Barry on July 31, 2021, 09:22:52 AM
What Sheepy is saying, and I agree, is that there is no opposition to anything. In fact, they are pretty much all the same.
For those who voted Conservative it must be a huge disappointment to geta controlling government who have taken on the mantle of communism and the Green party by starting an extremist net zero policy.
OK, they have backtracked to 2040 until we freeze to death with no gas boilers, but they did take on the left wing climate change and we can fix the weather myth.

Don't forget the Woke agenda and the corona virus "pandemic".

We must unite the right. What we need here in the UK is a strong leader like Donald Trump.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 31, 2021, 09:22:52 AM
left wing climate change

Barry I cannot believe you wrote that or believe it. "Left Wing." What are you on about?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

What Sheepy is saying, and I agree, is that there is no opposition to anything. In fact, they are pretty much all the same.
For those who voted Conservative it must be a huge disappointment to geta controlling government who have taken on the mantle of communism and the Green party by starting an extremist net zero policy.
OK, they have backtracked to 2040 until we freeze to death with no gas boilers, but they did take on the left wing climate change and we can fix the weather myth.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 31, 2021, 08:59:49 AM
I have always voted tactically to keep the Tories out because Tories are so disgusting.
All in the mind Smurphy, they are all fronting the same thing, it doesn't matter who you vote for, you have no control over their policies for the next four years and then you have no control over the next lot either, so on and so forth. Which is why we bypass them and then they have to jump on the bandwagon if we make something popular, otherwise they can't show us how all powerful they are.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 31, 2021, 08:55:11 AM
Yes, you did, you voted LibDem to keep them out, if you even had a clue how ridiculous that even sounds. Even if they won, it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference you still voted Westminster party.

I have always voted tactically to keep the Tories out because Tories are so disgusting.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 31, 2021, 08:53:07 AM
I didn't vote for them.
Yes, you did, you voted LibDem to keep them out, if you even had a clue how ridiculous that even sounds. Even if they won, it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference you still voted Westminster party.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 31, 2021, 08:51:28 AM
If the Covid outbreak hasn't been enough to show everyone these people who you vote for to rule every part of your life isn't enough then what will be? You can bet they will vote for more Westminster party as they have made sure there is nothing else.

I didn't vote for them.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on July 30, 2021, 07:52:55 PM
so are the labour party , and many others , which leaves the majority of us in a conundrum of who to vote for.

....and that is your big problem.....
If the Covid outbreak hasn't been enough to show everyone these people who you vote for to rule every part of your life isn't enough then what will be? You can bet they will vote for more Westminster party as they have made sure there is nothing else.

Borchester

so are the labour party , and many others , which leaves the majority of us in a conundrum of who to vote for.

Depends.

It is my belief that they have poor old Pappy chained up somewhere in the Square at the Lizard and every election the conservative candidate comes up and says well, maybe I have my faults but look at the alternative? Then he pokes Pappy with a stick and the latter starts gibbering and the voters think, yeah, well, might have a point.

And that is the reason Cornwall is a Tory fiefdom  :) :) :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

The Tories are just worst of a dodgy shower.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on July 30, 2021, 07:39:15 PM
The Tories are bad.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on July 30, 2021, 07:29:05 PM
cromwell wasting yer breath. Logic and  smurf dont go together.

tory bad/tory bad!

he is like a fecking fly buzzing around this forum buzzing tories are bad  all day long. Debate isnt a factor , neither is logic nor or reasoned points.

The Tories are bad.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on July 30, 2021, 05:03:25 PM
good old bishop eh?
The CofE has a property and investment portfolio worth about £8.3,billion pounds which generates an income of at least £400'million a year,why don't they pay for some affordable housing for Cornish people? After all it would be the chrstian thing to do wouldn't it?

cromwell wasting yer breath. Logic and  smurf dont go together.

tory bad/tory bad!

he is like a fecking fly buzzing around this forum buzzing tories are bad  all day long. Debate isnt a factor , neither is logic nor or reasoned points.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Mod Notice exchange between myself and Gerry moved to off topic thread (to the tower)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on July 29, 2021, 01:27:46 PM
Both are factors in the problem. (It isn't me claiming anything, I have referenced the problems often.)Topically today:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/bishop-truro-speaks-out-devastating-5713013?utm_source=cornwall_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

08:44, 29 JUL 2021
Bishop of Truro speaks out on devastating effect of second homes in Cornwall
'The holiday homes bother me even more than the second homes,' says the Rt Rev Philip Mounstephen
The Bishop of Truro has spoken out on the "devastating" effect second homes are having on communities in Cornwall, which he believes has led to a "serious crisis".

The Right Reverend Philip Mounstephen told a housing debate at the General Synod earlier this month that the sale of homes to people living outside the county was "hollowing out town and village centres, pushing local people to the edge of town".
He recognised that second home owners contribute a lot but stressed that the "unregulated market" was causing serious problems in Cornwall, where he has been Bishop of Truro for almost three years.
There are now around 20,000 second homes in Cornwall, constituting about 15 per cent of all housing stock. "It's denying homes to local people, massively ramping up prices and producing a crisis in the rental sector," said Bishop Philip.

He told the national meeting, chaired from Church House, Westminster, that there were now 16,000 people looking for council housing, around three per cent of the population but that there were only 43 properties available. "A housing emergency is very likely to be declared by Cornwall Council."

Bishop of Truro speaks out on devastating effect of second homes in Cornwall
'The holiday homes bother me even more than the second homes,' says the Rt Rev Philip Mounstephen

good old bishop eh?
The CofE has a property and investment portfolio worth about £8.3,billion pounds which generates an income of at least £400'million a year,why don't they pay for some affordable housing for Cornish people? After all it would be the chrstian thing to do wouldn't it?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?