GP surgery still requires face coverings

Started by patman post, July 20, 2021, 02:41:13 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on July 20, 2021, 02:51:55 PM
It also means that the programs of jabs and mask and all the rest that have occupied the better part of the last two years have proved to be a spectacular failure.
You cannot say that, when it has been deemed a massive triumph.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on July 20, 2021, 02:51:55 PM
It also means that the programs of jabs and mask and all the rest that have occupied the better part of the last two years have proved to be a spectacular failure.
I've not seen any official body declare that using all the medication and personal protection equipment available together with abiding by all the recommendations of hands/face/space is 100% effective in stopping Covid.   

But for 70-80% of people who have been jabbed, the combination of measures by themselves and others is proving between 60-95% effective (depending on whether they've received one or two jabs, three or more weeks before) in stopping Covid-related debilitating illness, hospitalisation and death.

A "spectacular failure" would be a similar death rate from the prevalent disease as in the 1918 pandemic — and although Covid is far from over, death numbers are minute fraction of last century's pandemic.

So far I've seen nothing from skeptics that persuades me the current guidelines and medical advice is either counterproductive or wrong...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 20, 2021, 02:41:13 PM
Our GP surgery has texted us the following:
Face coverings will still be required at the Practice. 
Local rates of Covid are rising rapidly, many people are having life disrupted by having to self isolate due to contact and some people are still significantly unwell after contracting the virus. As this is a healthcare setting - in order to protect other patients & our staff  we ask that all patients not exempt continue to wear a face covering while on the surgery premises (for those who are genuinely mask-exempt a face shield can be worn instead). We thank you for your continued cooperation and care. 
I reckon the above is worth complying with if the trained professionals at the sharp end of patient care in the NHS issue this request...

Very similar message on my local medical practice website. (Which does not surprise me as locally Covid is spreading like wildfire. Which given the mass invasion of tourists is no surprise at all.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on July 20, 2021, 02:41:13 PM
Local rates of Covid are rising rapidly, many people are having life disrupted by having to self isolate due to contact and some people are still significantly unwell after contracting the virus. As this is a healthcare setting - in order to protect other patients & our staff  we ask that all patients not exempt continue to wear a face covering while on the surgery premises (for those who are genuinely mask-exempt a face shield can be worn instead). We thank you for your continued cooperation and care. 
I reckon the above is worth complying with if the trained professionals at the sharp end of patient care in the NHS issue this request...

Algerie Francais !

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...