: Johnson 'could look at' abolishing BBC licence fee

Started by Borchester, December 09, 2019, 08:03:59 PM

« previous - next »

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Borchester post_id=8939 time=1575980893 user_id=62
Who was probably the same photographer who took a photo of Wurzel lurking outside the toilets on a half empty train to demonstrate that there weren't any seats.

The trouble with the Labour party is that despite years and years of practice, its lies are still as cack handed and obvious as before.

Did you read the original article?  The one confirmed by the hospital?

The kid was taken off a bed and put in a treatment cubical with no bed, only chairs for several hours because there was no bed availible.

The photographer was the kids (now ex) conservative voting mum.

The conservatives have been caught lying about "the punch" to deflect from this story

There is a clear deflection effort going on with the "senior nurse" who is apparently friends with hundreds of unrelated people who all post the exact same text of her "story"

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=8939 time=1575980893 user_id=62
Who was probably the same photographer who took a photo of Wurzel lurking outside the toilets on a half empty train to demonstrate that there weren't any seats.

The trouble with the Labour party is that despite years and years of practice, its lies are still as cack handed and obvious as before.

The child was asleep on the floor on coats or whatever. Bless him he was shattered. I have had a child in A&E at way past her bedtime and had to wait for a doctor who was tied up with another child. She was 3yrs old and desperately tired. I managed to get her to sleep on my lap but if I hadn't I would have lain her down in the same way. What is that plastic bag? It's not attached to the child. For me someone took advantage of the situation and made it a political comment.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=8906 time=1575972300 user_id=51
Bollocks, he did not have pneumonia.

If your wife was an SRN, she would never put anyone on the floor as the floor is considered "dirty".

That child was not put on the floor by the medical staff. He was put on the floor by someone else to take a picture for political gain, wasn't he?

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=8918 time=1575976759 user_id=88

The telling thing is not so much that this incident happened.  It's that rather than square up to it the conservatives have opted to go on the attack with what can only be described as propaganda.

Quite and assisted in doing so by Tory sponsored Trolls posting on internet forums. In the absence of a bed in the children's unit. (It is unsafe to put a sick child in an adult hospital bed,) the emergency option was used, the floor.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

BeElBeeBub

As an addendum to the above, I was in A&E last night and it was bedlam.

The receotionst said "we're full" - the waiting time for the most serious non life threatening cases was over 3 hours, and that was to be spent in the packet waiting room.  Other cases were left in the queue of ambulances outside

I looked at the "board" and it showed there were 60 people waiting to be seen.

This was at 5pm on a Monday night in a small country town.

BeElBeeBub

There is a very targeted disinformation campaign around this.

Multiple accounts are posting *the exact same* text that their friend was a senior nurse and this was all a set up. Suspicious

There is also an account claiming to be a former a&e nurse rubbishing this, but back in 2018 they claimed to have worked as a supply chain manager at JLR for 35 years.....

On the other hand, here is the original article by a local Leeds journalist.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds-news/lgi-bosses-apologise-after-four-17385357">https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds ... r-17385357">https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds-news/lgi-bosses-apologise-after-four-17385357

And here is a statment from the hospital that corroborates that story.

https://www.leedsth.nhs.uk/about-us/news-and-media/2019/12/06/media-statement-childrens-emergency-department">https://www.leedsth.nhs.uk/about-us/new ... department">https://www.leedsth.nhs.uk/about-us/news-and-media/2019/12/06/media-statement-childrens-emergency-department

Which fully corroborates the news story.

Quote....Within four hours a decision was made to admit Jack to our Children's Assessment and Treatment (CAT) Unit for further monitoring overnight. Unfortunately, the unit was also experiencing exceptionally high levels of demand which meant that Jack was required to wait in the clinical treatment room in the Paediatric Emergency Department until a bed became available. Jack was admitted to the CAT Unit later that evening and was discharged home the following morning after a medical review.

We are extremely sorry that there were only chairs available in the treatment room, and no bed. This falls below our usual high standards, and for this we would like to sincerely apologise to Jack and his family......

Now note that there has already been a disinformation attempt around the "punch".

The telling thing is not so much that this incident happened.  It's that rather than square up to it the conservatives have opted to go on the attack with what can only be described as propaganda.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8910 time=1575973803 user_id=89
Really are you medically qualified? Are you calling the medical profession, the hospital, and his mother who took the picture liars?

It is also not an isolated instance and will get worse as time passes.

I cannot be responsible for your lack of information on this subject. He did not have pneumonia as the hospital staff said. Do try to keep up.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=8906 time=1575972300 user_id=51

Really are you medically qualified? Are you calling the medical profession, the hospital, and his mother who took the picture liars?

It is also not an isolated instance and will get worse as time passes.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8900 time=1575970282 user_id=89
Bollocks, he was a child with pneumonia, at very real risk of death unless treated in hospital.

QuoteChildren need a special hospital bed, when none is available it is unfortunate due to the starving of the NHS of funds for 10 year that in this particular instance the floor was the safest place available.

(Comments from my wife who qualified RSCN, SRN, and was the Sister on children's ward for years.)

If your wife was an SRN, she would never put anyone on the floor as the floor is considered "dirty".

That child was not put on the floor by the medical staff. He was put on the floor by someone else to take a picture for political gain, wasn't he?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=8895 time=1575969716 user_id=53
He didn't have to sleep on the floor though did he ?  His parent(s) could have done as they were told by their GP and taken him home and given him plenty of fluids

Bollocks, he was a child with pneumonia, at very real risk of death unless treated in hospital. Children need a special hospital bed, when none is available it is unfortunate due to the starving of the NHS of funds for 10 year that in this particular instance the floor was the safest place available.

(Comments from my wife who qualified RSCN, SRN, and was the Sister on children's ward for years.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=8854 time=1575922609 user_id=88
It's a dead cat.

They are desperately trying to distract from the awful interview where Johnson out a journalists phone in his pocket rather than talk about the 4 year old boy who had to sleep on the floor at Leeds Hospital.

You can see the other attempt with the "labour activist punched ministers aide" take they tried to get running

It nearly worked, except a video of the incident came to light ....

https://twitter.com/i/events/1204120397861380096">https://twitter.com/i/events/1204120397861380096

He didn't have to sleep on the floor though did he ?  His parent(s) could have done as they were told by their GP and taken him home and given him plenty of fluids instead of clogging up an already clogged up A&E . If people stopped using A&E for nothing more than  minor ailments ,in this case a touch of the flu there  would maybe , just maybe be enough room for those with an Emergency or indeed had an Accident neither of which apply in this case .

Lets hope the little chap gets well soon

The TV licence is an outdated tax from an era when we had little choice of viewing . Now that we have a choice of viewing with many platforms after our money we should have the choice on whether we want to include the BBC as with every other channel  in our monthly payments .

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=8887 time=1575967554 user_id=87

We all know that the Conservative party will win the election,

"We" know no such thing.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8863 time=1575925253 user_id=89
Does anyone actually believe a word that lying bastard Boris says?

Like every politician he is a liar. If you know anything about politics you listen to what they say and then filter out the rubbish. The fact is we have two choices. You can either vote for Boris who wants to carry out the will of the people, or vote for a man who we all know will bankrupt the country, allow uncontrolled immigration to continue, take notice of the economy, tax the life out of everyone, and spend his spare time communicating with terrorists, of which he appears to have a great relationship with. Of course, if your one of those people who can't be bother to work, he's probably the man for you !

From a personal viewpoint, I would like to vote for the Brexit party, because Farage is the only politician I trust and agree with on most points, however I am aware it would be a wasted vote. Regardless whether you want to vote Red/Blue/Orange, I don't believe any of them can afford what's in their manifesto without drastically increasing taxes and putting the economy back into trouble. We have little chance of growing the infrastructure to a point it meets the needs of the population, so let's reduce the population to fit the infrastructure. Farage last night was the only MP  who pointed out that the population had risen to quickly, then the idiots around him called him a racist.

We all know that the Conservative party will win the election, and I would guess they will get many of the traditional Labour votes, so let's just hope they get the majority they need.
A hand up, not a hand out

papasmurf

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=8877 time=1575935844 user_id=84
As opposed to the anti-semite, terrrorist-loving Marxist Corbyn I would much prefer an honest bastard like Boris!

I see you have believed all the propaganda.

I suggest you watch this. (you may have to click on the unmute icon)

https://www.facebook.com/flyingtigerproductions/videos/418045005772412/">https://www.facebook.com/flyingtigerpro ... 005772412/">https://www.facebook.com/flyingtigerproductions/videos/418045005772412/

Major Sinic

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8863 time=1575925253 user_id=89
Does anyone actually believe a word that lying bastard Boris says?

As opposed to the anti-semite, terrrorist-loving Marxist Corbyn I would much prefer an honest bastard like Boris!