Will Friday's result be accepted?

Started by T00ts, December 09, 2019, 08:41:32 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=8938 time=1575980760 user_id=54
Ahh so you're a 'splatter' then. I hope you don't regret it.

I will never regret voting tactically to keep the callous bastard Tories out.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8935 time=1575980222 user_id=89
I always vote tactically to keep a Tory out, so no difficult decisions for me.

Ahh so you're a 'splatter' then. I hope you don't regret it.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=8934 time=1575979822 user_id=54
This has to be one of the most difficult GE decisions of my voting life.

I always vote tactically to keep a Tory out, so no difficult decisions for me.

T00ts

This has to be one of the most difficult GE decisions of my voting life. I think it's pretty certain that many will be holding their noses in the polling booth and possibly hovering over the paper not sure where to land and making a last minute decision depending on their mood that day. It seems laughable that each party shouts from the rooftops just how much of our money pot they will squander on their favourite projects with little thought that it's our money. When, and it is when, they mismanage the business end of government, they will blame everyone other than themselves while all the time limiting our decisions on the way we live and expecting us to somehow bail them out in future. It seems crazy.

I guess it has always been the same and it has been a common complaint in more recent times that there was little difference in the main parties. This time the difference is a chasm. I only hope we don't fall splat right in the middle.

Churchill

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8928 time=1575979132 user_id=69
I live in the real world

So do I and that lying, untrustworthy, morals of an alley cat, Boris  will let Britain become a State of America.

Churchill

Yes that is why I don't agree with you, I live in the real world
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8923 time=1575978706 user_id=69
They at least will continue to encourage investment into the UK keep those already investing in the UK here, who will help create work and more jobs, they will tax fairly not punitively thereby encouraging people to work hard and be successful which in turn means they are not a drain on the public purse, which means more for those who really do need help

Aren't you a bit old to believe in fairy stories. (Seriously.)

Churchill

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8921 time=1575978261 user_id=89
I suspect if the Tories get in with a working majority the ensuing chaos and disaster will make you change your mind.

They at least will continue to encourage investment into the UK keep those already investing in the UK here, who will help create work and more jobs, they will tax fairly not punitively thereby encouraging people to work hard and be successful which in turn means they are not a drain on the public purse, which means more for those who really do need help

Labour will have the total opposite effect on our economy destroy it again

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8920 time=1575976904 user_id=69
I agree 100% and yes I hope CorbynMomentum and Marxists are kicked in to the long grass for years and years

I suspect if the Tories get in with a working majority the ensuing chaos and disaster will make you change your mind.

Churchill

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=8902 time=1575970494 user_id=84
Moving away from smurfs fantasy world for a moment, where all billionaires have stashed away their ill-gotten gains in tax havens spread across the world and pay no tax.

The top 1% of UK income tax payers pay 27% of all income tax and the top 5% pay 50.1%.

20 years ago under Labour the top 5% paid much less at 39.6%, but those responsible citizens saving into their pension funds were mugged to the tune of £5 billion per annum by Gordon Brown so perhaps in reality it was more.

The top 50% pay 97% of all income tax and the bottom 50% pay the remaining 3%.

I would think that a large proportion of the higher tax payers agree with Corbyn's bleating about our unfair society! A society where many of the hard working, the skilled, the entrepreneurial pay more in taxes than they keep. I pray that on Thursday Corbyn will discover just how distrusted he and his fellow Marxists truly are!

I agree 100% and yes I hope CorbynMomentum and Marxists are kicked in to the long grass for years and years

papasmurf

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=8902 time=1575970494 user_id=84
Moving away from smurfs fantasy world for a moment,

There is nothing fantasy about the £billions in offshored evaded tax by a few £billionaires. All that is missing is the will to collect it.

Major Sinic

Moving away from smurfs fantasy world for a moment, where all billionaires have stashed away their ill-gotten gains in tax havens spread across the world and pay no tax.

The top 1% of UK income tax payers pay 27% of all income tax and the top 5% pay 50.1%.

20 years ago under Labour the top 5% paid much less at 39.6%, but those responsible citizens saving into their pension funds were mugged to the tune of £5 billion per annum by Gordon Brown so perhaps in reality it was more.

The top 50% pay 97% of all income tax and the bottom 50% pay the remaining 3%.

I would think that a large proportion of the higher tax payers agree with Corbyn's bleating about our unfair society! A society where many of the hard working, the skilled, the entrepreneurial pay more in taxes than they keep. I pray that on Thursday Corbyn will discover just how distrusted he and his fellow Marxists truly are!

Churchill

Wrong assumption by you, trying using logic not your warped imagination

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8891 time=1575968848 user_id=69
More hate filled LOB

So a few quid in benefit fraud and you want someone locked away and throw away the key. Someone who has evaded £7billion in tax and you think a Gallic shrug is sufficient.

A odd set of morals you have.