Main Menu

Aukus

Started by Nick, September 16, 2021, 01:56:27 AM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on September 24, 2021, 10:28:17 PM
I didn't say he winds me up,I said he's a WUM,there's a difference.

He's Irish but he's never managed to give me a decent tip yet either. Every Paddy I've ever met knows his f**king nags  :D

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on September 24, 2021, 10:28:17 PM
I understand that term to mean Wind Up Merchant. Why would you use it if he isn't winding you up?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on September 24, 2021, 10:24:48 PM
We can all let differing views wind us up if we are not careful. I have done it umpteen times. But they are probably best engaged with constructively, or else ignored.

And I read what he as well as everyone else here says as and when I come across it. I do think he talks shite sometimes, as do many here occasionally. But best not let it wind you up. If I thought everyone I disagreed with was out to wind me up, I'd have abandoned internet forums entirely a long time ago.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 24, 2021, 09:21:27 PM
Wagyu beef is produced in Britain and has been for some years. (Including Wales.) https://www.iforswelshwagyu.co.uk/

Right ...

There WERE a number of what I would have called 'premium and rare breed' farmers in mid and west wales but that was literally decades ago. Time to go look around.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on September 24, 2021, 10:10:56 PM
Cobblers Steve,I doubt you've read little of what he posts.

People want to support the eu fine but he's here as a WUM.
Have a good read then come back.
We can all let differing views wind us up if we are not careful. I have done it umpteen times. But they are probably best engaged with constructively, or else ignored.

And I read what he as well as everyone else here says as and when I come across it. I do think he talks shite sometimes, as do many here occasionally. But best not let it wind you up. If I thought everyone I disagreed with was out to wind me up, I'd have abandoned internet forums entirely a long time ago.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 24, 2021, 09:47:34 PM
It is called expressing an opinion that differs from yours.

Pappy does not accept the concept of an opinion other than his own. You needs to apologise to him for yet another totally unwarranted personal attack
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on September 24, 2021, 09:47:34 PM
Cobblers Steve,I doubt you've read little of what he posts.

People want to support the eu fine but he's here as a WUM.
Have a good read then come back.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on September 24, 2021, 05:18:48 PM
Perhaps not,but you come on here on the wind up talking eorobollocks.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 24, 2021, 09:12:48 PM

Can you get this stuff raw ?

Wagyu beef is produced in Britain and has been for some years. (Including Wales.) https://www.iforswelshwagyu.co.uk/
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 24, 2021, 09:12:48 PM

It occurs to me that next year after my daughter's wedding, I really ought to take up my own best man's offer of 40 years ago to come round for dinner. Incredibly every time we've met over the intervening years it's been at some ruddy product launch or trade fair where one or other of us has had an expense account.

I should perhaps explain; David met his wife while working in Japan. I'm pretty sure she would know exactly how to bring out the best in this stuff, she's pretty fanatical about such things.......

And I reckon there's not likely to be a better time to sort out such an occasion ....
Raw? Expect so John it was a while ago but saw wagyu steaks on sale at Aldi.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2021, 12:47:23 AM
It tastes amazing, prob not worth the money they charge but as a one off is special.

It occurs to me that next year after my daughter's wedding, I really ought to take up my own best man's offer of 40 years ago to come round for dinner. Incredibly every time we've met over the intervening years it's been at some ruddy product launch or trade fair where one or other of us has had an expense account.

I should perhaps explain; David met his wife while working in Japan. I'm pretty sure she would know exactly how to bring out the best in this stuff, she's pretty fanatical about such things.......

And I reckon there's not likely to be a better time to sort out such an occasion ....

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on September 23, 2021, 07:57:09 AM
and i didn't go out to just eat steak.
Perhaps not,but you come on here on the wind up talking eorobollocks.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 24, 2021, 02:49:51 PM
No you started with the stupid comment on cost. I just gave you back a stupid comment.

Whatever, I cannot be bothered anymore.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 24, 2021, 12:29:04 PM
Who cares, you're the one pointing to why I was in Japan.
No you started with the stupid comment on cost. I just gave you back a stupid comment.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 23, 2021, 07:57:09 AM
and i didn't go out to just eat steak.

Who cares, you're the one pointing to why I was in Japan.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.