Moronic Variant (also known as Omicron) - First Found In Fully Vaccinated

Started by Scott777, November 27, 2021, 08:37:03 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 11, 2021, 03:01:06 PM
That is not known.
it is known . One minute you are arguing we should follow the stats , the next you argue we should ignore them when it suits you.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Delta sends about 1.6 - 2.0% of cases to hospital and kills 0.24%.

Omicron sends about 0% of cases to hospital and kills 0%.

Which variant should we be concerned about? As the government is focusing on the variant which causes less harm, we can see that we are being played for fools.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on December 08, 2021, 08:24:51 PM
Moderation Notice (Barry)

You've had one post deleted today. You have a problem with Scott, we get that. But keep it polite or we will have to take action.
Scott is polite with you.

I was unaware that I'd had a post deleted. I am very aware that I have had a few beers. Perhaps I should avoid commenting for now.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on December 08, 2021, 08:18:12 PM
Says the man who is in danger of disappearing up his own arse, lol
Moderation Notice (Barry)

You've had one post deleted today. You have a problem with Scott, we get that. But keep it polite or we will have to take action.
Scott is polite with you.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on December 08, 2021, 08:02:09 PM
Didn't work like that with the black death did it?

It was spread by fleas and rats, due to unclean conditions.  It was, and is, rarely passed from person to person.  You're going round in circles.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

srb7677

Quote from: Scott777 on December 08, 2021, 07:36:31 PMHow is the deadly one going to spread?  If people become very ill, they stop spreading it.
Didn't work like that with the black death did it?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on December 08, 2021, 07:41:01 PM
If it is a level 4 biohazard virus they are still spreading it after they are dead.

For example, Ebola and Marburg.  And how many have died from them?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on December 08, 2021, 07:36:31 PM
The only niche that exists for a highly deadly and contagious virus is your own imagination.  Viruses do not take years to mutate.  A deadly virus will spread more slowly, and mutations will occur quickly, and if they are less deadly, they will spread more quickly and dominate the gene pool.  How is the deadly one going to spread?  If people become very ill, they stop spreading it.
If it is a level 4 biohazard virus they are still spreading it after they are dead.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on December 08, 2021, 07:08:44 PM
Evolution works by evolving species that fill a niche. The only niche that exists for an amphibious flying elephant is your own imagination. lol But evolution is blind. Even though less dangerous viruses are far more effective in evolutionary terms, and highly lethal ones much more likely to die out unless they evolve into less lethal forms, in the short time that lethal viruses are around they can kill a lot of their host populations before they either die out or evolve into something less lethal.
The only niche that exists for a highly deadly and contagious virus is your own imagination.  Viruses do not take years to mutate.  A deadly virus will spread more slowly, and mutations will occur quickly, and if they are less deadly, they will spread more quickly and dominate the gene pool.  How is the deadly one going to spread?  If people become very ill, they stop spreading it.

srb7677

Quote from: Scott777 on December 08, 2021, 06:25:08 PM
Throughout the evolution of the life on earth, new species have appeared all the time.  And yet, remarkably we don't have amphibious flying elephants which suck your blood while you sleep.  Any nincompoop capable of adding 2 and 2 ought to be able to recognise the likelihood of something combining an elephant with a vampire bat and a newt.  🤣  If you can't disprove it, the laws of chance will dictate that it will happen sooner or later.  😂
Evolution works by evolving species that fill a niche. The only niche that exists for an amphibious flying elephant is your own imagination. lol But evolution is blind. Even though less dangerous viruses are far more effective in evolutionary terms, and highly lethal ones much more likely to die out unless they evolve into less lethal forms, in the short time that lethal viruses are around they can kill a lot of their host populations before they either die out or evolve into something less lethal.

srb7677

Quote from: Scott777 on December 08, 2021, 06:28:11 PM
When you say 'short term', are we talking hours or minutes?
I am talking in virus terms, not in terms of your attention span. So likely years.