Is anyone surprised? Ukraine invaded

Started by T00ts, January 24, 2022, 01:31:11 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on February 25, 2022, 07:46:04 AM
WTF are you actually on about now? You are now telling me what i was talking about to get you off yet another hook you are impaled on?

Take it to the other thread  , and i will have a look at your latest guff later.

For now i want to post this.

Look at the hypocrisy in that clowns statement.

A man who was a key figure trying to overturn democracy for three years now talking about standing up for democracy has to be one of the biggest laughs in recent days.
:D
I hope the general public remember this anti democrat when they go to the polls in the coming years.

At least Vladimir Putin is a visual threat to many of the yookay public. Starmer is the invisible threat who wants to hand control of the yookay over to his brussells masters.
I am no fan of Keir Starmer nor most of the Labour Party now as you know. But I do believe in fair comment.

But comparing a man who used - perhaps even abused - the democratic parliamentary process in an attempt to frustrate Brexit which a narrow majority of the people - though not your own - voted for, with a vicious psychopathic despot who has launched a military invasion of another state, is a comparison too far. It is not like for like. One is obviously far worse, not to say far more murderous, than the other.

Starmer is a proven liar. Unlike Putin, I would not yet say he is a proven psychopath.

We need to stop the obsession with viewing world events through the prism of the EU issue, which some clearly remain obsessed by.

To compare what is happening in the Ukraine now with any of the trials and tribulations of Brexit is laughable really.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on February 24, 2022, 08:26:36 PM
Another sad retreat to fantasy .by you.  The invasions we talked of were those carried out by western nations, although Russia, actually played a significant roll in the Balkans. And World War Two . 
WTF are you actually on about now? You are now telling me what i was talking about to get you off yet another hook you are impaled on?

Take it to the other thread  , and i will have a look at your latest guff later.

For now i want to post this.

Look at the hypocrisy in that clowns statement.

A man who was a key figure trying to overturn democracy for three years now talking about standing up for democracy has to be one of the biggest laughs in recent days.
:D
I hope the general public remember this anti democrat when they go to the polls in the coming years.

At least Vladimir Putin is a visual threat to many of the yookay public. Starmer is the invisible threat who wants to hand control of the yookay over to his brussells masters.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on February 24, 2022, 08:20:47 PM
As someone else already said it's up to you to prove otherwise and I've countless examples whereas you've nowt to say about your u turn on the eu and them providing European security and us destroying it.

Basically Thomas you're calling me a liar as you do to many people with your stupid games I'm done bothering with you.
Look cromwell , you and i are on the complete polar opposite of the political divide , but i have more or less always got on well with you , and dont want to fall out with you over somthing as silly as this.

Boycey is talking guff. No change there then , and im sure you dont need him to hold your hand in debate.Not that he could hold anyones hand mind.

I think i have more than made my point. .All the years i have known you online , you can only produce one oblique reference of american( gov) criticism , by producing some empty post that refers to bush and blair , to me , more a critique of two individuals rather than american foreign policy.

All im saying to you , on this forum over the years , you appear to jump on the back of people who you are told are the big bad guys , while being blind in one eye to american and british transgressions around the world , some of which i have mentioned in various threads.

Blind to your own country i understand , thats a given , but america? Why? Sorry dont understand.

Im not calling you a liar at all. Im merely saying i dont ever once recall you slaughtering the yanks the way you do putin and moscow.

I will leave it there mate , and part by saying maybe think a bit more on wider events , Why they are happening and why they get to the stage they are at , and be a bit more carefull of your selective outrage . You come across as being constantly led by the nose by uk media.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 24, 2022, 08:04:10 PM
If your only argument is you don't remember Cromwell criticising American Policy Thomas, then that isn't an argument at all. The burden of proof is on you given you are making the claim.
What a stupid fackin comment.

Im claiming something doesnt exist ( cromwells critique of american foriegn policy) , and you are asking me to prove it exists?

Another pathetic attempt from boycey at sophistry.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on February 24, 2022, 10:45:48 PM
So what now , is down to him. But you don't have to be the brain of Britain to know if he expands further his challenge will be taken up. If not straight away , but sooner than later he will be confronted by far more than sanctions.
Any threat of Nuks , applies to him , as well as anyone that stops him. The thought that he thinks not . Is a measure of his insanity, not a measure of his nuance. Whether he is stopped is only down to if he goes beyond Ukraine. Touch any NATO country and he will have to be stopped and he will be, but what the outcome would be is as bad for Russia ,as anyone else.  What is not in doubt is , he has lost any mystery he possessed we now know what he is, what he has got, and we know how he thinks.  Let's see if he really wants to be the biggest prat of all creation.
Russia SWIFT ban 'still on table' -EU financial services commissioner (yahoo.com)
I wonder why that might be good old, the EU are not so quick with sanctions, it wouldn't hurt them would it? or has the German stock market collapsed and inflation running out of control, all so black and white, that Putin is a lunatic.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on February 24, 2022, 09:41:56 PM
I guess then you haven't worked out, you are not dealing with somebody who will just roll over and accept the threats and drama, he has spent years making sure sanctions will have minimum effect on Russia. How many times have sanctions failed now, of course you don't have a list because it would be absolute pie in the sky nonsense? He has given all the psychology the one finger, so what now?
So what now , is down to him. But you don't have to be the brain of Britain to know if he expands further his challenge will be taken up. If not straight away , but sooner than later he will be confronted by far more than sanctions.
Any threat of Nuks , applies to him , as well as anyone that stops him. The thought that he thinks not . Is a measure of his insanity, not a measure of his nuance. Whether he is stopped is only down to if he goes beyond Ukraine. Touch any NATO country and he will have to be stopped and he will be, but what the outcome would be is as bad for Russia ,as anyone else.  What is not in doubt is , he has lost any mystery he possessed we now know what he is, what he has got, and we know how he thinks.  Let's see if he really wants to be the biggest prat of all creation.

Barry

I can give you a list of our trusted associates:
Start of list:

End of list.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on February 24, 2022, 09:28:32 PM
I think I said if I had a list. I don't intend to make one , at least not one that goes beyond being stored in my head. Putin ,would be at the bottom, however,  of that list for bringing me the kind of country I would want to be part of. Now that's as black or white as I will be.
Black white , call it what you want. But Putin , is repeating the intransigent mistakes of the past, He has not been pushed to where he is, anymore than the Kaiser, in 1914, or Hitler in 1939. Or indeed Russias attitude to the sovereignty of Poland, or Finland. Or for that matter the USSR s attitude to the sovereignty of Hungary, or the Czechs. He by his own word is not satisfied that his own border is security, his answer is expansion into his neighbour. Expansion the basic reason for two world wars started in Europe. One can only wonder where a satisfactory border to a land mass as immense as Russias would ever be established.And history would indicate , along with Putins present statements , would indicate that Russia, in this case Putin, will decide. That is unless he is stopped . Now just this evening he tells me and the world we better not stop him or else. Or else we will suffer more than we or anyone else have ever suffered before. He waves his NUK, as if he is waving his dick at his next sexual conquest.
I guess then you haven't worked out, you are not dealing with somebody who will just roll over and accept the threats and drama, he has spent years making sure sanctions will have minimum effect on Russia. How many times have sanctions failed now, of course you don't have a list because it would be absolute pie in the sky nonsense? He has given all the psychology the one finger, so what now? 

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on February 24, 2022, 08:47:09 PM
Anyway, I can take thomas has a point, it always has more than meets the eye, now about this list? have you made it out yet? I guess it will be black and white as that is what you expect the rest of us to think.

I think I said if I had a list. I don't intend to make one , at least not one that goes beyond being stored in my head. Putin ,would be at the bottom, however,  of that list for bringing me the kind of country I would want to be part of. Now that's as black or white as I will be.
Black white , call it what you want. But Putin , is repeating the intransigent mistakes of the past, He has not been pushed to where he is, anymore than the Kaiser, in 1914, or Hitler in 1939. Or indeed Russias attitude to the sovereignty of Poland, or Finland. Or for that matter the USSR s attitude to the sovereignty of Hungary, or the Czechs. He by his own word is not satisfied that his own border is security, his answer is expansion into his neighbour. Expansion the basic reason for two world wars started in Europe. One can only wonder where a satisfactory border to a land mass as immense as Russias would ever be established.And history would indicate , along with Putins present statements , would indicate that Russia, in this case Putin, will decide. That is unless he is stopped . Now just this evening he tells me and the world we better not stop him or else. Or else we will suffer more than we or anyone else have ever suffered before. He waves his NUK, as if he is waving his dick at his next sexual conquest.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on February 24, 2022, 08:48:38 PM
I know it was a hint, that one poster was telling us an important point and wants us to believe there is some kind of reliable associates.
Fair enough
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on February 24, 2022, 08:44:18 PM
I've mentioned no list,wrong poster.
I know it was a hint, that one poster was telling us an important point and wants us to believe there is some kind of reliable associates. 

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on February 24, 2022, 08:26:36 PM
Another sad retreat to fantasy .by you.  The invasions we talked of were those carried out by western nations, although Russia, actually played a significant roll in the Balkans. And World War Two .  And they were not land grabs ,on a par with the actions that Putin, now conducts.
What Russia did before being invaded by Germany was on a par with Putin, when they invaded Finland , and then Poland, uninvited. Is this the best  you can do . ?  I will repeat the only comparisons in Europe, to Putins actions in more than eighty years , were Hitlers , invasion of Poland , and Belgium, the Czechs. and Russias adventures in the two countries already mentioned . If your brain ever tried to understand context it would be a day for celebration, it must be all that falling off of chairs for no good reason you do it head first by the sound of your posts.
Anyway, I can take thomas has a point, it always has more than meets the eye, now about this list? have you made it out yet? I guess it will be black and white as that is what you expect the rest of us to think.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on February 24, 2022, 08:24:44 PM
Good because it isn't about you and Thomas, now about this list?
I've mentioned no list,wrong poster.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on February 24, 2022, 07:50:00 PM
I just fell off my chair reading that. World war two didnt involve countries invading like putin? Well. There you go. You learn something new on here everyday.

The labour party loonies and thier fantasy world of make believe to fit the argument springs up again. :D

Another sad retreat to fantasy .by you.   The invasions we talked of were those carried out by western nations, although Russia, actually played a significant roll in the Balkans. And World War Two .  And they were not land grabs ,on a par with the actions that Putin, now conducts.
What Russia did before being invaded by Germany was on a par with Putin, when they invaded Finland , and then Poland, uninvited. Is this the best  you can do . ?  I will repeat the only comparisons in Europe, to Putins actions in more than eighty years , were Hitlers , invasion of Poland , and Belgium, the Czechs. and Russias adventures in the two countries already mentioned . If your brain ever tried to understand context it would be a day for celebration, it must be all that falling off of chairs for no good reason you do it head first by the sound of your posts.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on February 24, 2022, 08:20:47 PM
As someone else already said it's up to you to prove otherwise and I've countless examples whereas you've nowt to say about your u turn on the eu and them providing European security and us destroying it.

Basically Thomas you're calling me a liar as you do to many people with your stupid games I'm done bothering with you.
Good because it isn't about you and Thomas, now about this list?