Breaking. Met Police launches investigation into Downing Street parties,

Started by papasmurf, January 25, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on January 30, 2022, 07:09:41 PM
Oh you believe those then? I don't think polls at this moment are of any concern. People happily jump on the bandwagon of the current obsession and say what suits, it never lasts til polling day.

Toots it's not just the polls is it.? Chesham, North Shropshire, a massive swing to Lib Dems. And that was on previous Boris, messes . Those people were and are saying enough is enough. It's not just Starmer, they have to fear, the Lib Dems can and will play their part. And we haven't really seen the actual reaction to his present situation yet. If that swing to Libs happens in less well held seats he and the party could well be toast.

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on January 30, 2022, 07:09:41 PM
Oh you believe those then? I don't think polls at this moment are of any concern. People happily jump on the bandwagon of the current obsession and say what suits, it never lasts til polling day.
Well they are the only thing to go off. Although I think the polls are actually showing better figures than I expect the Tories to make in May actually. North Shropshire was a big shock and not predicted and that was before Partygate in which every call on every radio station since say the same damn thing. Johnson to resign and I am not voting Tories. I think you are underestimating the anger out there. Besides, I am more than happy to watch Johnson take down the Tories. Keep the clown in I say.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on January 30, 2022, 07:05:47 PM
By looking at the polling. As the Tories polling figures go down, the undecided goes up and Labours stay about the same.

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on January 30, 2022, 07:02:06 PM
At the risk of sounding like Pappy - how could you possible come to that conclusion?
By looking at the polling. As the Tories polling figures go down, the undecided goes up and Labours stay about the same.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on January 30, 2022, 06:36:57 PM
Most Tory voters have gone to the undecided or Lib Dems it should be said. As long as they don't turn up, BoJo is f**ked. Every vote matters in the locals as it establishes Councillor total. Plus, it should be said people will see this election as a protest vote as people have no issue moving their vote in locals as the perception is their vote matters less because it doesn't alter the government Parliament numbers.

As for Ukraine, our strategy seem to be to make sure Russia knows we won't be sending troops. That is like keeping the door wide open and telling your neighbours to not enter whilst you go on holiday. And I guess they do that because they deepdown know Russia isn't going to move into Ukraine and this story is all about improving Bidens polling figures.
At the risk of sounding like Pappy - how could you possible come to that conclusion?

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on January 30, 2022, 06:26:35 PM
Dunno.

The latest opinion polls give Labour a 5.3% lead, which is nice but not the 9% the brothers and sisters had last month. And Boris has four months to do something clever before the local elections in May.
Most Tory voters have gone to the undecided or Lib Dems it should be said. As long as they don't turn up, BoJo is fucked. Every vote matters in the locals as it establishes Councillor total. Plus, it should be said people will see this election as a protest vote as people have no issue moving their vote in locals as the perception is their vote matters less because it doesn't alter the government Parliament numbers.

As for Ukraine, our strategy seem to be to make sure Russia knows we won't be sending troops. That is like keeping the door wide open and telling your neighbours to not enter whilst you go on holiday. And I guess they do that because they deepdown know Russia isn't going to move into Ukraine and this story is all about improving Bidens polling figures.

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on January 30, 2022, 06:26:35 PM
Dunno.

The latest opinion polls give Labour a 5.3% lead, which is nice but not the 9% the brothers and sisters had last month. And Boris has four months to do something clever before the local elections in May.

Apparently we have a light cavalry squadron in Poland that can be rapidly moved to the Ukraine should the Russian Bear start cutting any capers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsVziFEWLlM
Seem to be drawn to those Russian guns. Maybe we might get a new item of clothing out of it?

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on January 30, 2022, 05:22:30 PM
The irony is the only harm in all this will be inflicted on the Tories. There isn't an opposition leader out there that think Johnson isn't improving their own agenda by hanging on. So I say leave the clown in office till May. Let the local election be a disaster for them and then let the wolves fight amongst themselves for survival. And a bonus. Johnson has his time to play Chamberlain and f**k up our strategy with Ukraine.

Dunno.

Apparently we have a light cavalry squadron in Poland that can be rapidly moved to the Ukraine should the Russian Bear start cutting any capers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsVziFEWLlM
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on January 30, 2022, 05:15:25 PM
Funny you should say that Good Old.

I found this in today's Sunday Times. As you can imagine, the Murdoch Press is chary of letting any info slip without its hands being crossed with some of the folding stuff, but the indications are that the Tory rebels have decided to fall back into line before getting their arses kicked.

One way and another I suspect that the Fat Controller will be driving the train for a bit longewr than previously thought

"The tide began visibly turning in Boris Johnson's direction as he headed for the division lobby of the House of Commons on Wednesday afternoon. As he queued to vote, one of the 2019 intake of MPs, Chris Loder, "surgically attached himself to the PM" a witness said. Nine days earlier, Loder had hosted a meeting of the new MPs to discuss what they should do about Johnson. The following day 20 agreed to submit letters of no confidence in his leadership to Sir Graham Brady, chairman of the backbench 1922 Committee in an effort to force him from power.
Now Loder was protesting his innocence and pledging his loyalty.
"You could hear the cock crowing," said one observer, questioning Loder's conversion using the words..."
The irony is the only harm in all this will be inflicted on the Tories. There isn't an opposition leader out there that think Johnson isn't improving their own agenda by hanging on. So I say leave the clown in office till May. Let the local election be a disaster for them and then let the wolves fight amongst themselves for survival. And a bonus. Johnson has his time to play Chamberlain and F@@@ up our strategy with Ukraine.

Borchester

Quote from: Good old on January 30, 2022, 04:43:38 PM
It's public opinion that questions the man's actions.based to a large degree on evidence supplied by people of his own political persuasion . He is not likely to face a court of law. As of now .
Gatherings Thomas. Not piss Ups. Birthday bashes.
Yes Johnson after weeks of hiding behind Sue Grey. Now gratefully takes Cressida,s immaculate timing. to further his search for pardon. And who knows how much more help he can call on.

Funny you should say that Good Old.

I found this in today's Sunday Times. As you can imagine, the Murdoch Press is chary of letting any info slip without its hands being crossed with some of the folding stuff, but the indications are that the Tory rebels have decided to fall back into line before getting their arses kicked.

One way and another I suspect that the Fat Controller will be driving the train for a bit longewr than previously thought

"The tide began visibly turning in Boris Johnson's direction as he headed for the division lobby of the House of Commons on Wednesday afternoon. As he queued to vote, one of the 2019 intake of MPs, Chris Loder, "surgically attached himself to the PM" a witness said. Nine days earlier, Loder had hosted a meeting of the new MPs to discuss what they should do about Johnson. The following day 20 agreed to submit letters of no confidence in his leadership to Sir Graham Brady, chairman of the backbench 1922 Committee in an effort to force him from power.
Now Loder was protesting his innocence and pledging his loyalty.
"You could hear the cock crowing," said one observer, questioning Loder's conversion using the words..."

Algerie Francais !

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 04:13:16 PM
Yes it is.

What is established is johnson is innocent until proven guilty , not guilty by the kangaroo court of labour .

Secondly , there is apprently a get out clause that has been mentioned regarding parliamentray grounds allegedly being exempt as discussed.

Thats where we are , johnson still in power while labour try and ,it looks like , fail to manufacture a witch hunt against him.

It's public opinion that questions the man's actions.based to a large degree on evidence supplied by people of his own political persuasion . He is not likely to face a court of law. As of now .
Gatherings Thomas. Not piss Ups. Birthday bashes.
Yes Johnson after weeks of hiding behind Sue Grey. Now gratefully takes Cressida,s immaculate timing. to further his search for pardon. And who knows how much more help he can call on.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 30, 2022, 03:34:25 PM
For the long term good of our political system, if only it was as simple as that. It's not just the Labour Party he is blocking it's more or less the whole of parliamentary opposition he blocks. And on this subject alone he does not carry the country. The opposition parties do.
We need to get rid of the current political system. Indeed , as i said to srb steve , half of your own parties membership at constituency level want pr , much to starmers annoyance.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 30, 2022, 03:29:18 PM
That's certainly not established .
Yes it is.

What is established is johnson is innocent until proven guilty , not guilty by the kangaroo court of labour .

Secondly , there is apprently a get out clause that has been mentioned regarding parliamentray grounds allegedly being exempt as discussed.

Thats where we are , johnson still in power while labour try and ,it looks like , fail to manufacture a witch hunt against him.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 03:23:07 PM
labour need to stop screeching and start proving johnson has broken the law.

For the long term good of our political system, if only it was as simple as that. It's not just the Labour Party he is blocking it's more or less the whole of parliamentary opposition he blocks. And on this subject alone he does not carry the country. The opposition parties do.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 03:22:32 PM
He hasnt. We established that fact earlier up the thread when it came to light parliamentary grounds look as though they are exmempt from covid rules.

Ah, there's a little snippet tucked away in the Coronavirus Act 2020.

Schedule 22 in relation to gatherings contains an exemption for the Parliamentary Estate, including Whitehall.

Parliamentary Estate is exempt from the restrictions in relation to gatherings etc.

That's certainly not established . If it was the police would not need to be involved. One things for sure , gatherings .maybe. Parties ,piss ups, bring your own booze. Dear John, leaves Friday, send our for the booze in a suitcase , could be a long night. It's the funeral tomorrow , well he won't know will he. None of that will be over looked if it happened, and he said at least once it did.