Let’s have some fun.

Started by Nick, January 05, 2020, 11:25:16 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry post_id=18068 time=1583441456 user_id=51
Rebecca L-B was on yesterday making excuses for the labour party defeat last year and she explained on the Andrew Neil show -that "we spoke in quite intellectual terms sometimes that was quite alien to some of our voters..."

https://twitter.com/NikkiStix55/status/1235315654456209409">//https://twitter.com/NikkiStix55/status/1235315654456209409

How many ways do Labour have of calling their voters thick?

:hattip
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=18068 time=1583441456 user_id=51
Rebecca L-B was on yesterday making excuses for the labour party defeat last year and she explained on the Andrew Neil show -that "we spoke in quite intellectual terms sometimes that was quite alien to some of our voters..."

https://twitter.com/NikkiStix55/status/1235315654456209409">//https://twitter.com/NikkiStix55/status/1235315654456209409

Probably as many as voters who deserted them,has anybody heard how thornberrys libel case is going btw?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

PhantomPhlyer

:hattip

It was worth writing a note to Santa, because we got our longed for Christmas Present, and at the end of January, we will receive our New Year gift.

Who do we write to now, for an Easter gift I wonder?

We can almost guarantee that close to half a million lefty lemmings will be writing to the Labour Party Executive Committee demanding Corbyn MK 2 ,probably in a dress - let's hope that they get their way, and condemn the Party to opposition for a lifetime!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas post_id=12149 time=1578225279 user_id=58
We want the labour party to vote for them though nick dont we?

I personally hope its keir starmer , followed by emily thornberry . Any one will do.

Thornberry getting elected would ensure labour never rose above governance in a council parish for the forseeable , and starmer the arch european would go down like a lead balloon in a nation (england) that is ardently anti european.

I think though behind the scenes momentum are going to push for that long bailey lassie.

As i said , complete out of touch lack of talent on the labour benches , the dregs of the blairites and hard left momentum brigade , ensures whatever candidate they pick will keep them out of power.

Wasn't Starmer involved (and not in a good way) with the appointment of that disgraced pathologist who botched a certain alcoholic newspaper vendors post mortem ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Scott777

Quote from: Thomas post_id=12212 time=1578248510 user_id=58
Instead of trying to impartially predict who might win  the labour leadership, you mention who you think will win based on who you find more palatable as a tory.

I couldn't eat a whole one.   :lol:
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Thomas post_id=12157 time=1578227506 user_id=58
This was from the you gov poll a few days ago....

So it looks like starmer is the most popular , so it will be interesting.

Dont think philips etc have a cat in hells chance to be honest.

Yes indeed. I looked him up and it turns out he has done a fair bit of pro bono legal work to save poor souls from execution in wicked regimes. That's why he is a Sir. Perhaps the membership has realised that you need someone who has more than two dodgy A level grades to run the country. Legal work is complicated stuff, but I still veer way from the prospect of being governed by lawyers. They make their own work.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Nick post_id=12247 time=1578256491 user_id=73
I just want a labour leader that is likely to keep the party as far away from #10 as possible. Pretty much the same as you with Scotland.

As i said nick i couldnt give a feck who they elect , without sounding any way immodest  , looking at the lack of talent in their ranks and their inevitable head in the sand syndrome , i dont see anything to fear out of any of the candidates for any other political party who opposes them.

This meltdown in labour is years in the making , as i keep saying , not just the result of auld wurzel.

It started in scotland ten years ago , and really kicked in on the 2015 election , and has now reached england and wales .

The party is broken top to bottom , they can elect who they like its still a broken party they will preside over.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: Thomas post_id=12230 time=1578252757 user_id=58
Fair enough. I just noticed a pattern with tories on this and the old forum liking the blairites in labour whenever this sort of thing crops up.

Labour arent known for electing people with something "more about them " , otherwise we wouldnt have had corbyn , kinnock or foot in charge of the party past and present.

All im saying is it isnt a likeability contest for people like you and i outside the party , it will depend on internal party machinations like any other party.

Thats fine have the hump if you like , im more than happy with starmer of any other blairite in charge.

Absolutely no skin off my nose , he wont appeal to you or i becasue neither of us will vote for him in the first place , whereas once in charge , he has to try and appeal to cromwell and many others in the old labour stomping grounds if they are to start back on the road to recovery.

Its a matter of perspective, i wouldnt piss on boris johnson if he was on fire , and i have more time for philips and rayner than gove or raab , but wouldnt politics be boring if we all followed the tories like lemmings?

I just want a labour leader that is likely to keep the party as far away from #10 as possible. Pretty much the same as you with Scotland.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry post_id=12223 time=1578250838 user_id=51
Yeah, I do mind you saying, because it's a crock of s****.

Where did I say who I thought would win?

So it's nothing to do with me liking Starmer. He's just got more about him than Jess Phillips or Angela Rayner.

Jess Phillips who uses her kids as political pawns and Angela (I left school pregnant with no qualifications) Rayner.

Fair enough. I just noticed a pattern with tories on this and the old forum liking the blairites in labour whenever this sort of thing crops up.

Labour arent known for electing people with something "more about them " , otherwise we wouldnt have had corbyn , kinnock or foot in charge of the party past and present.

All im saying is it isnt a likeability contest for people like you and i outside the party , it will depend on internal party machinations like any other party.

Thats fine have the hump if you like , im more than happy with starmer of any other blairite in charge.

Absolutely no skin off my nose , he wont appeal to you or i becasue neither of us will vote for him in the first place , whereas once in charge , he has to try and appeal to cromwell and many others in the old labour stomping grounds if they are to start back on the road to recovery.

Its a matter of perspective, i wouldnt piss on boris johnson if he was on fire , and i have more time for philips and rayner than gove or raab , but wouldnt politics be boring if we all followed the tories like lemmings?

Barry

Quote from: Thomas post_id=12212 time=1578248510 user_id=58
I have noticed this with you conservatives in england barry if you dont mind me saying.

Instead of trying to impartially predict who might win  the labour leadership, you mention who you think will win based on who you find more palatable as a tory.

Yeah, I do mind you saying, because it's a crock of s****.

Where did I say who I thought would win?

So it's nothing to do with me liking Starmer. He's just got more about him than Jess Phillips or Angela Rayner.

Jess Phillips who uses her kids as political pawns and Angela (I left school pregnant with no qualifications) Rayner.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell post_id=12211 time=1578248289 user_id=48
Well the real threat IMO is that whilst Joshua Johnson brought the red wall a tumblin' down its not Starmer or Long Bailey the tories should worry about but that Boris makes good on his promises both to the north and on brexit.

totally agree with this cromwell. Barry seems too trusting of johnson over brexit , and i think its going to end in tears.

On the old forum he ripped theresa may to shreds many a time over extensions to brexit , and now has went completely silent over the fact johnson is delivering a BRINO at the end of the month.( member the famous barry countdown and egg on face three times because of it?)

I cant understand it.

Do people in england really believe the end of january is some sort of stepping stone to a proper brexit  or the end of the road? If so i am astounded.

If this is what you all spent four years fighting for  . a BRINO where everything remains the same except having 73 voices in brussells then what the feck was the point in the whole excercise.??

Thomas

Quote from: Barry post_id=12205 time=1578246685 user_id=51
The only real threat is from Keir Starmer, who once Brexit is done, his thoughtful and fairly sensible approach and analytical mind will be a credible threat to the Tories.

If we look back to his time as DPP there are some flaws which could be thrown back at him, but I expect he'd survive that.

I have noticed this with you conservatives in england barry if you dont mind me saying.

Starmer is a blairite. If blairism was the way forward for labour , triangulation and all that old bollocks , they would never have lurched towards corbyn and momentum when they had a winning formula.

Starmer might appeal to certain segments of the  tory voting blue rinse population in the west midlands and the south east ,he isnt going to appeal to scotland wales and many parts of the north of england.

The blairites destroyed labour long before corbyn  came to power.

Arch red tory jim murphy  , blairite through and through  went into   the 2015 election in scotland with 41 scottish labour mps and lost them all bar one.

Heaven help labour if they think ressurrecting the dead corpse of new labour is the way forward.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=12205 time=1578246685 user_id=51
The only real threat is from Keir Starmer, who once Brexit is done, his thoughtful and fairly sensible approach and analytical mind will be a credible threat to the Tories.

If we look back to his time as DPP there are some flaws which could be thrown back at him, but I expect he'd survive that.

Well the real threat IMO is that whilst Joshua Johnson brought the red wall a tumblin' down its not Starmer or Long Bailey the tories should worry about but that Boris makes good on his promises both to the north and on brexit.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

† The end is nigh †