Dream ticket?

Started by T00ts, July 10, 2022, 12:53:39 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on July 27, 2022, 10:57:21 AM
Well, there is a post-Brexit requirement to stamp passports which has increased the average time spent processing a car's passengers from 60 seconds to 90 seconds. All that adds up.
If it would take you an extra 30 seconds to stamp a password you should consider changing your name to Christy Brown 😝 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on July 27, 2022, 09:20:09 AM
Please tell me whats changed? One thing that was applicable was the Passenger Locator form but not even sure that is still in force. It was a requirement to fill this in before you board anyway and was linked to your passport with all travel details.
Prior to Brexit I was required to show the passports for passengers in the car, tickets were checked by ANPR and the number of occupents checked.
Now I am required to show the passports for passengers in the car, tickets are checked by ANPR and the number of occupents checked. It's always been a requirement to a certain amount left on your passport, the passport scan will pull up all data, including length of time spent in the EU so please tell me what this additional paperwork is.
Well, there is a post-Brexit requirement to stamp passports which has increased the average time spent processing a car's passengers from 60 seconds to 90 seconds. All that adds up.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on July 27, 2022, 08:28:01 AM
To be fair a lot has changed. The amount of checks and paperwork and red tape at the border have massively increased as a result of Brexit.

When Brexiteers are forced to deny reality to justify their imaginary dream then we  know they are in denial, with a shaky grip on reality.
Please tell me whats changed? One thing that was applicable was the Passenger Locator form but not even sure that is still in force. It was a requirement to fill this in before you board anyway and was linked to your passport with all travel details.
Prior to Brexit I was required to show the passports for passengers in the car, tickets were checked by ANPR and the number of occupents checked.
Now I am required to show the passports for passengers in the car, tickets are checked by ANPR and the number of occupents checked. It's always been a requirement to a certain amount left on your passport, the passport scan will pull up all data, including length of time spent in the EU so please tell me what this additional paperwork is.

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on July 27, 2022, 08:28:01 AM
To be fair a lot has changed. The amount of checks and paperwork and red tape at the border have massively increased as a result of Brexit.

When Brexiteers are forced to deny reality to justify their imaginary dream then we  know they are in denial, with a shaky grip on reality.
I dont see whats changed for holiday makers , they still show a passport as they did before we left and unless the frogs are going to start searching cars for non compliant  deck chairs the process should be pretty much give or take a scan or two the same as before 

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on July 27, 2022, 03:56:44 AM
So it's not Brexit, the port that's handled the traffic for years has shrunk! That's a new one. The U.K. has always checked passports Gerry because like Ireland were not in the Schengen zone and have never had borderless travel. So what's changed apart from the ports shrunk? Oh yes, 8 French people didn't get to work.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on July 26, 2022, 11:22:38 PM
There are queues all the time, you focus on the 2 days they were short 8 people and the French then worked 24/7 to try clear the backlog.
So...how many times Cromwell, the port is not adequate for the job, at quiet times its just about managing, past that and the delays happen.  Until that port is upgraded these issues will continue. 100% brexit caused and 100% a UK problem
So it's not Brexit, the port that's handled the traffic for years has shrunk! That's a new one. The U.K. has always checked passports Gerry because like Ireland were not in the Schengen zone and have never had borderless travel. So what's changed apart from the ports shrunk? Oh yes, 8 French people didn't get to work. 

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on July 26, 2022, 11:22:38 PM
There are queues all the time, you focus on the 2 days they were short 8 people and the French then worked 24/7 to try clear the backlog.
So...how many times Cromwell, the port is not adequate for the job, at quiet times its just about managing, past that and the delays happen.  Until that port is upgraded these issues will continue. 100% brexit caused and 100% a UK problem
You are a card Gerry whose at fault  for the reliance on Russian oil and gas.

That down to brexit? Butt Kick
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on July 26, 2022, 05:10:57 PM
How many times Gerry,they didn't send enough people to do the job.
There are queues all the time, you focus on the 2 days they were short 8 people and the French then worked 24/7 to try clear the backlog.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on July 26, 2022, 04:37:23 PM
And that's what's so great about the EU, ease of travel and ability to do business. I never said the UK would stop travelling to the EU/France, they won't, just a bit more exhausting, still, where else do you have free travel ?
I never said airport travel issues was all brexit, we are having the same issues here. I'm off to Croatia Thur and could be facing a 1 to 2hr delay in Dublin Airport. But when I land, I grab my bags and go, no visa, no 3rd country queue at customs via a single official.

Brexit was never a fall off the cliff situation, a sky falling down.... they were brexiteer strawman arguments, it is and will continue to be, death by a thousand cuts.

And before someone says croatia isn't in the eu, its a member since 2013 in all practical terms and full membership is due in January.
Its got Jack shite to do with what country you live in but what passport  you hold . I (and many others) could claim an EU passport if we wanted to but we dont .  
Besides my passport gives me visa free travel to 142 countries not 26 or 27 a UK one more or less the same . Its not the visa its the frog behind the counter thats the problem 

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on July 26, 2022, 01:49:05 PM
Do you call Brexit winning ?
Yes.
It can be done better and will be as time goes on.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

And that's what's so great about the EU, ease of travel and ability to do business. I never said the UK would stop travelling to the EU/France, they won't, just a bit more exhausting, still, [highlight]where else do you have free travel ?[/highlight]

EU, Japan, Korea, Gambia, Brazil, Senegal, SA, Uruguay, Argentina... the list goes on.
The fact is members of the EU have no more free travel than the U.K., I wouldn't be surprised if you need more visa's seeing as 25% of the world is in the commonwealth, a bit more now that two more countries came over to the dark side... You were very quiet on that I noticed Gerry. Also, I flew into Delhi and didn't require a PCR test, the German guys I am working with did.

I never said airport travel issues was all brexit, we are having the same issues here. I'm off to Croatia Thur and could be facing a 1 to 2hr delay in Dublin Airport. But when I land, I grab my bags and go, no visa, no 3rd country queue at customs via a single official.

Bad news I'm afraid Gerry, EU membership doesn't mean squat when it comes to travel and Croatia isn't a member of Schengen so you won't be travelling into any EU country border free.

Oooooh, guess what? Ireland isn't in Schengen either 😂 so you'll be standing next to me at every passport control worldwide 😂

Brexit was never a fall off the cliff situation, a sky falling down.... they were brexiteer strawman arguments, it is and will continue to be, death by a thousand cuts.

And before someone says croatia isn't in the eu, its a member since 2013 in all practical terms and full membership is due in January.
See above 😂

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on July 26, 2022, 01:54:13 PM
They still will, they might care, but nothing they can do about it, it's a UK problem that needs the UK to resolve it. The UK is a third country and checks are needed. The UK needs to build the required infrastructure, it will create jobs, win win.

If people care enough they can lobby their TD and have them put port infrastructure high up on their manifest.

The UK will also have to start doing checks on incoming goods, at some point. How is the recruitment of those 50,000 customs officials going then ?
How many times Gerry,they didn't send enough people to do the job.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

And that's what's so great about the EU, ease of travel and ability to do business. I never said the UK would stop travelling to the EU/France, they won't, just a bit more exhausting, still, where else do you have free travel ?

You would sell your freedom for a package holiday in the Balkans?

Christ Gerry, you do come cheap :)
Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on July 26, 2022, 02:24:15 PM
You are aware that Brittany Ferries was born out of the desire for French farmers to ship English punters to France and spend money? And that the French tourism industry crashed by 103 billion Euros during Covid? But you're saying they don't really care.

Airport waiting times, as you've been told a hundred times is down to Covid and nothing to do with Brexit. Schiphol, Chicago, CDG, Munich all have the same problems. As I previously mentioned, Amsterdam had to close one of its runways due to staff shortages. Was that Brexit?
And that's what's so great about the EU, ease of travel and ability to do business. I never said the UK would stop travelling to the EU/France, they won't, just a bit more exhausting, still, where else do you have free travel ?

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 26, 2022, 03:33:21 PM
It doesn't work that way. They turn up with an assortment of grandchildren and pets that need baby or pet sitters while they bugger off on holiday, and their drain in your wallet is permanent until you cease to fill it.

True. And when they do marry it is to a doctor of mathematics instead of a medical one. But you carry on paying out because the buggers are so addictive. :)
Algerie Francais !