Brexit is on the brink – and the ultra Remainers are mobilising to cancel it

Started by Borchester, August 27, 2022, 05:30:52 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2022, 08:31:33 AM
Where is his evidence then and I don't speak for the silent masses, they speak for themselves, which really gets under the skin of the Westminster party and remain believers.
Is it four or five times the silent masses have spoken, now, Sheepy?
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2022, 09:17:01 AMthey asked for a referendum and they received one
Can you explain how the SILENT masses asked for a referendum?
The voters who support the Westminister Party as you call it got a referendum by looking towards Nigel Farage, who also wasn't silent.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on August 29, 2022, 09:07:38 AM
I hear only you.
Do you, funny how your hearing is skewed then, they asked for a referendum and they received one the same as the Scots before them, that's what populists do offer people a choice, the losers are not really my concern, they are going to bleat about being losers and not following Westminster party advice at every opportunity. Which basically means doing as the EU tells you will do or suffer their wraith. Overseen by the Westminster party as they rubber stamp everything, they are told they will.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on August 28, 2022, 11:48:55 PM
Whereas everything you post is tinged with an assumption that you speak for the silent masses - without any evidence - and that these masses are a strange mixture of anti-authoritarian little Englanders. When in fact most of the masses you speak for are imaginary and you speak only for yourself.

Of course all of us here speak only for ourselves, and perhaps know in our private lives a few people who agree with us. I speak up for the struggling masses but cannot claim they all think as one with me. Anyone who does make such a claim is likely to be kidding themselves.
Where is his evidence then and I don't speak for the silent masses, they speak for themselves, which really gets under the skin of the Westminster party and remain believers. 

HallowedBrexit

What's becoming more and more clear is that our biggest foe is attacking us from within.

We need to refight the referendum each and every day for the next fifty years. Alternatively, it should be enshrined in our magna carta that the UK can never be overtaken by a foreign power ever again.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on August 28, 2022, 06:45:02 PM
LOL you are such a drama queen, I like reading your posts because everywhere you post it is always tinged with a dose of drama.
Whereas everything you post is tinged with an assumption that you speak for the silent masses - without any evidence - and that these masses are a strange mixture of anti-authoritarian little Englanders. When in fact most of the masses you speak for are imaginary and you speak only for yourself.

Of course all of us here speak only for ourselves, and perhaps know in our private lives a few people who agree with us. I speak up for the struggling masses but cannot claim they all think as one with me. Anyone who does make such a claim is likely to be kidding themselves.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on August 28, 2022, 04:26:29 PM
Really?

When the riots begin, and the We-Told-You-So party comes to power, you may be facing down the business end of the barrel...
LOL you are such a drama queen, I like reading your posts because everywhere you post it is always tinged with a dose of drama.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on August 28, 2022, 03:44:00 PM
How was The City done down by Germany or France?
German and French financial institutes broke regulations on a weekly basis and when the City complained to the EU regulators they were constantly ignored and had to compete on an uneven playing field. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on August 28, 2022, 02:39:02 PM
I guess, if being part of organisations in which members' agreements are needed to allow them to operate effectively is so upsetting, the UK could also leave the Commonwealth, Nato, OECD, the UN, etc, and plow** its own furrow and not associate with anyone.
That was the problem , we agreed with little that came out of Brussels but funny enough most of what comes from elsewhere 

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on August 28, 2022, 03:40:40 PM

You are a Tory Remainer which means you are the bottom of the barrel.
Really?

When the riots begin, and the We-Told-You-So party comes to power, you may be facing down the business end of the barrel...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

How was The City done down by Germany or France?

Despite Brexit obstacles, London continues to hold the top spot for financial and professional services in terms of overall offer when compared to other global destinations, including New York, Singapore, Hong Kong, Paris and Frankfurt.

But it could be in a far better place if the UK was still associated with the EU...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

What foreign power?

The one you voted for.

You are a Tory Remainer which means you are the bottom of the barrel.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

What foreign power? The UK was an equal part of it, even though negotiating several opt-outs.

I guess, if being part of organisations in which members' agreements are needed to allow them to operate effectively is so upsetting, the UK could also leave the Commonwealth, Nato, OECD, the UN, etc, and plow** its own furrow and not associate with anyone.

Loved this hypocritical thought from the link in the opening post: "The propaganda is sickening, but some, including ordinary voters in focus groups, are falling for it"

That was true of most of the pro-Brexit promises and scenarios right through campaigning, and which continues right through to today...

** For Mr B, who often lapses into US spelling...
No we were not an equal part of it, the City was 💩 on by Germany and France on many occasions and the EU courts sided with them at every turn even though they were the ones breaking financial rules. 

None of the institutes you mention are political cartels, therefore you point is immaterial. Why are you so scared of self determination?

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on August 28, 2022, 12:23:51 AM
It just shows that we have to be on our guard. Remainers voted to betray the UK to a foreign power and are capable of any sort of treasonable behaviour.
What foreign power? The UK was an equal part of it, even though negotiating several opt-outs.

Loved this hypocritical thought from the link in the opening post: "The propaganda is sickening, but some, including ordinary voters in focus groups, are falling for it"

That was true of most of the pro-Brexit promises and scenarios right through campaigning, and which continues right through to today...

** For Mr B, who often lapses into US spelling...