Remember, very little will change for now.

Started by BeElBeeBub, January 29, 2020, 10:10:07 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Just to muddy the waters:-

More at link:-

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/nigel-farage-on-second-brexit-referendum-1-6488829">https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6488829">https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/nigel-farage-on-second-brexit-referendum-1-6488829

Nigel Farage says it's not 'wholly unreasonable' to hold second Brexit referendum

Jonathon Read

jonathon.read@archant.co.uk

@jonoread

PUBLISHED: 15:11 29 January 2020 | UPDATED: 15:11 29 January 2020

Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage says it's not 'wholly unreasonable' to hold a second referendum on Brexit.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Thomas post_id=14605 time=1580307786 user_id=58
have to say as well mate this is bollocks. The business world has known since summer 2016 , thats nearly 4 years ago , that the uk will be leaving the eu. They have had plenty time to prepare , and any business who say they havent prepared or need more time is talking bollocks.

To be fair it's pretty difficult to prepare when you don't know what to prepare for.

Leaving the EU is only half the equation, what will the conditions be after?

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas post_id=14639 time=1580317980 user_id=58
You misunderstand me.

Im not mocking yours or the wider brexiters support for brexit , im mocking this blind trust that seems to be developing in boris johnson and his conservative party.

By allowing this pantomine to continue and grow , ie this farce that somehow brexit is being delivered on friday in some way( ie john of gwents pints down the pub in celebration , barrys countdown etc etc) you are allowing the tory spin doctors to build a platform further down the line that then allows them to somehow spin  31/01/2020 as the day the tories delivered brexit , when quite clearly what is happening on friday isnt brexit and isnt what brexiters voted for .Thats all im saying.

Being mocked and opposed every step of the way is all par for the course. I mean you are telling me , a scottish indy supporter this?

You carry on as ever no matter what , but im just surprised by old tory foes like yourself or john of gwent and streetwalker with this trust , almost blind some would say , in letting the tories dictate what the brexit blank piece of paper will look like.

They arent to be trusted , mark my words , and are merely building the ten bob bits and ding dongs on big ben up to give them an avenue to deliver the dreaded BRINO that you all said you wouldnt accept when may was in charge.

As i said a long time ago , its not me laughing at you you need to worry about , its the worldwide perception of england trying to leave the eu and then face up to the european union later on and not just failing , but meekly crawling back to them with some tory instigated BRINO.

No country will ever take you serious ever again.

Heed my warning  , johnson is not to be trusted , and if he tries to deliver another transition by the end of the year we will all see how the game is up and the truth of my words.

Other than bombs on Parliament Square I am not sure what you would have us do at this point. BJ and the rest must be dimmer than we give credit for if he honestly thinks that having been given a majority like he now enjoys on the back of those promises he can sit back  and play party games with the EU or anyone else. Perhaps you forget that Brexit has the strength in Downing St it will be interesting to see what the forthcoming shuffle produces. At this stage we have to let them perform then judge.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas post_id=14639 time=1580317980 user_id=58
You misunderstand me.

Im not mocking yours or the wider brexiters support for brexit , im mocking this blind trust that seems to be developing in boris johnson and his conservative party.

By allowing this pantomine to continue and grow , ie this farce that somehow brexit is being delivered on friday in some way( ie john of gwents pints down the pub in celebration , barrys countdown etc etc) you are allowing the tory spin doctors to build a platform further down the line that then allows them to somehow spin  31/01/2020 as the day the tories delivered brexit , when quite clearly what is happening on friday isnt brexit and isnt what brexiters voted for .Thats all im saying.

Being mocked and opposed every step of the way is all par for the course. I mean you are telling me , a scottish indy supporter this?

You carry on as ever no matter what , but im just surprised by old tory foes like yourself or john of gwent and streetwalker with this trust , almost blind some would say , in letting the tories dictate what the brexit blank piece of paper will look like.

They arent to be trusted , mark my words , and are merely building the ten bob bits and ding dongs on big ben up to give them an avenue to deliver the dreaded BRINO that you all said you wouldnt accept when may was in charge.

As i said a long time ago , its not me laughing at you you need to worry about , its the worldwide perception of england trying to leave the eu and then face up to the european union later on and not just failing , but meekly crawling back to them with some tory instigated BRINO.

Heed my warning  , johnson is not to be trusted , and if he tries to deliver another transition by the end of the year we will all see how the game is up and the truth of my words.

I don't trust any of them Thomas and if you or anyone else does laugh it ain't the end of the world,I trusted labour for years only to realise it was pointless and an exercise in fooling myself I only support Boris & co (like many in the north) because they promised to honour the referendum,I maintain what I said to you a while back the Tories are a bunch of bastards but a least you know it,with labour they camouflaged it all but are as big bastards if not more so.

TBH Thomas tired of it all really and Conor and beebly telling me what I voted for and why I did and how it ain't going to happen and how foolish it all is and ignoring what's actually posted  :shrg:

If this country does crawl back (and I hope we don't) then they will get all they deserve.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell post_id=14636 time=1580316576 user_id=48
Not a problem Thomas,if Boris fails it's up to a vote whether he gets the boot (eventually) it's like the referendum leave won and it was opposed all along the way,if it doesn't happen point and laugh all you like and remind me what I voted for.

I can only vote now or in the future (or not as the case may be depending whether I judge it's worth the effort)my single vote and a combined majority can only excercise it,if it's ignored repeatedly the only other option is a coup or revolution,afraid I'm too old for that.

You misunderstand me.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas post_id=14635 time=1580315972 user_id=58
Well cromwell , four years ago on our old forum i remember a post from uganda at the time that has always stuck with me  , where he said brexit was a blank piece of paper that could mean anything anyone wanted it  to be.

Over the course of the brexit debate , not even just uk wide , but on our own wee forum past and present , brexit began to take on shape , and meat was put on the bones by every single one of you what brexit was meant to be.

For borchester , it meant no more ECJ jurisdiction and england making its own  laws in its own country free of all outside interference. Thats was brexit for him.

For streetwalker , it meant ending freedom of movement and controlling englands borders , being in full control of all migration into england .Thats was what brexit meant to him.

For Stevlin , it meant ending the "ludicrous" as he put it amounts of money being paid to the eu.Thats what brexit meant to him.

Off the top of my head  , those were a few of the red lines and "meat " being put on the bones of brexit.

So its more than fair to point out none of this is happening on friday.

....and its all on johnson and the de facto english conservative parties watch.

Dont expect anything different over the coming 11 months , and by christ we will all be here to remind you of what you voted for and johnsons failure to deliver it.make no mistake.

Not a problem Thomas,if Boris fails it's up to a vote whether he gets the boot (eventually) it's like the referendum leave won and it was opposed all along the way,if it doesn't happen point and laugh all you like and remind me what I voted for.

I can only vote now or in the future (or not as the case may be depending whether I judge it's worth the effort)my single vote and a combined majority can only excercise it,if it's ignored repeatedly the only other option is a coup or revolution,afraid I'm too old for that.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell post_id=14631 time=1580314136 user_id=48
Yes I have remembered,nothing will change,the same old it's your brexit you voted for it I hope you're happy with it and all goes well (no you don't):thdwn:

Well cromwell , four years ago on our old forum i remember a post from uganda at the time that has always stuck with me  , where he said brexit was a blank piece of paper that could mean anything anyone wanted it  to be.

Over the course of the brexit debate , not even just uk wide , but on our own wee forum past and present , brexit began to take on shape , and meat was put on the bones by every single one of you what brexit was meant to be.

For borchester , it meant no more ECJ jurisdiction and england making its own  laws in its own country free of all outside interference. Thats was brexit for him.

For streetwalker , it meant ending freedom of movement and controlling englands borders , being in full control of all migration into england .Thats was what brexit meant to him.

For Stevlin , it meant ending the "ludicrous" as he put it amounts of money being paid to the eu.Thats what brexit meant to him.

Off the top of my head  , those were a few of the red lines and "meat " being put on the bones of brexit.

So its more than fair to point out none of this is happening on friday.

....and its all on johnson and the de facto english conservative parties watch.

Dont expect anything different over the coming 11 months , and by christ we will all be here to remind you of what you voted for and johnsons failure to deliver it.make no mistake.

cromwell

Yes I have remembered,nothing will change,the same old it's your brexit you voted for it I hope you're happy with it and all goes well (no you don't):thdwn:

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14616 time=1580309112 user_id=54
:lol:

:lol:  :lol: I am so sorry Thomas, I was taking the micheal a little bit. I didn't think you would bite so hard. In some ways I do actually agree with you, but let's face it we seem to be stuck with it. I want out of the EU no question  but I am hopeful that it will be the making of this country after so many years of EU nonsense. I honestly don't comprehend anyone's allegiance to it. I am trying to be positive otherwise it just gets too miserable. I just wish it was as catching as China's virus.

Not at all toots ,  i wish you gods speed , i merely go back to my argument four years ago that you have no right to take us out the eu against the popular scottish will .

Bojo received the proverbial political slaughtering in scotland in december and is merely acting like a wee dictator to us. Long may it continue.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14618 time=1580309304 user_id=89
Quite, so what I wrote isn't bollocks. I still think after the transition period Britain will crash out with no agreements.

I didnt say what you wrote is bollocks. I clearly said what streetwalker said is bollocks , and you disagreed with me.

I clearly said business dont need 11 months transition to prepare , they have had 4 years to broadly prepare as best they could for leaving the eu , and another 11 months wont make a difference as there wont be a trade deal in 11 months for them to prepare for any more than they have just now.

So what are you talking about?

If you agree with me that after this latest 11 month transition it wont make a difference for business as you believe "britain " will still crash out ,

why did you say this to me..
It isn't bollocks no-one has a clue what the agreements will be (if any.)

Clearly you are agreeing with streetwalker and disagreeing with me , and then later on saying you agree with me? :roll:  :roll:

What are you actually talking about?

Are you completely missing my point as ever to streetwalker?

The point may i repeat that what streetwalker said is bollocks as business wont be any better informed or prepared in december than what they are now.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14612 time=1580308505 user_id=89

That's true — and it looks like working with each new bit of information and/or tweak to any agreements will be my bread and butter for the next few years...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas post_id=14615 time=1580308848 user_id=58

That being the case business wont be any the wiser come the end of the year than what they are now?

Quite, so what I wrote isn't bollocks. I still think after the transition period Britain will crash out with no agreements.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas post_id=14610 time=1580308198 user_id=58
i dont see how this post equates to anything i have said in my post toots. I was one of the biggest drum bangers on the old forum for the anti democratic stance your parliament had taken since 2016 in rejecting and delaying brexit.

Thats past now , there is no reason for johnson to delay , but if you accpet the transition period then what i am asking is

1. what is exactly the significance of friday? Its mere empty symbolism only nothing else.

2.how can people come together when you very readily agree friday isnt the end , its merely a step in that direction?

if johnson delays  again after december this year , or offers BRINO , then you wont have anywhere to run and hide or blame anyone else. He , and you and your party will own everything outright.

You dont have to trust mrs sturgeon anywhere. She isnt standing in your country , doesnt represent your country , you cant vote for or against her , so you have no reason to trust her.

Meanwhile your johnson ,despite not standing in or representing my country , and losing 55% of his mps in my country after his party was roundly routed and rejected , gets to call the shots on us. Thats the difference.

....and you were saying the eu is undemocratic?  I will swap eu democracy for yours any day of the week.

:lol:  :lol: I am so sorry Thomas, I was taking the micheal a little bit. I didn't think you would bite so hard. In some ways I do actually agree with you, but let's face it we seem to be stuck with it. I want out of the EU no question  but I am hopeful that it will be the making of this country after so many years of EU nonsense. I honestly don't comprehend anyone's allegiance to it. I am trying to be positive otherwise it just gets too miserable. I just wish it was as catching as China's virus.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14612 time=1580308505 user_id=89

it is bollocks , because streetwalker is saying business will need the extra 11 months to prepare for leaving the eu in december when every single commentator has said time in and out that by this december 11 months isnt enough time to negotiate a trade deal between the uk and eu so what are you talking about?

That being the case business wont be any the wiser come the end of the year than what they are now?

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas post_id=14605 time=1580307786 user_id=58
have to say as well mate this is bollocks. The business world has known since summer 2016 , thats nearly 4 years ago , that the uk will be leaving the eu. They have had plenty time to prepare , and any business who say they havent prepared or need more time is talking bollocks.