Remember, very little will change for now.

Started by BeElBeeBub, January 29, 2020, 10:10:07 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts post_id=15645 time=1580991856 user_id=54
It's not looking like a walk in the park. The degree of demand by the EU seems to point to their desperation to keep us under the thumb. I have quoted Merkel before as saying that the EU needs to be more competitive and I do wonder if they are actually very worried that our economy will fly without their restrictions. There has been more than one reference to keeping a level playing field. What is that about? Is it as I suspect the intention to hold us in check somehow?

Sorry Toots but can you list the demands by the EU, that's a serious question because I don't see any.

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=15641 time=1580990859 user_id=53
Cant believe people are still arguing about the interpretation of what was written on a bus 4 years ago .

Anyway , back to the future and Boris is in the mood to walk away from trade talks if the EU insist on the UK keeping EU regulations and the EU are threatening to walk away if the UK doesn't do custom checks in the Irish sea . The European fisherman are demanding continued access to the sovereign  waters of an independent nation  believing them to be traditional fishing grounds . Johnson say Britain will take back control of its waters .

Talks to break down within weeks  ?

The EU aren't insisting on the UK doing anything, but the closer the relationship then the more aligned the EU/UK will need to be, every country that sells product into the EU follows EU regulations, the UK will be no different. Likewise if the EU wants to sell product into the UK then the EU will have to follow UK regulations, its the ABC of trade. "having cake" is a Johnson aim, but it's not going tot happen.

The UK has all ready agreed to customs checks in the Irish sea and no border. That was the WA agreement that people in the UK thought him a great guy for "getting brexit done", so a mute point.

The fishing is a bit more complicated, as you suggest there are existing fishing agreements for parts of UK waters that predate the EU, they never went away jst like the GFA never went away. Whether they get treated like the GFA remains to be seen but they may be front and centre. There is also the complication that the UK catch goes to the EU and not typically consumed in the UK. This was recently played out when the London fisheries convention ceased to exist on 31st Jan and french fisherman didn't get the newly introduced Guernsey fishing permits, but when the Guernsey fishermen tried to land their catch in France they were refused, the catch was dumped. No winners there. Brexit just keeps giving.

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1224787156855599104?s=20">https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status ... 99104?s=20">https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1224787156855599104?s=20

I don't see talks breaking down, both the EU and UK want trade to continue so a compromise will be found.

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=15641 time=1580990859 user_id=53
Cant believe people are still arguing about the interpretation of what was written on a bus 4 years ago .

Anyway , back to the future and Boris is in the mood to walk away from trade talks if the EU insist on the UK keeping EU regulations and the EU are threatening to walk away if the UK doesn't do custom checks in the Irish sea . The European fisherman are demanding continued access to the sovereign  waters of an independent nation  believing them to be traditional fishing grounds . Johnson say Britain will take back control of its waters .

It's not looking like a walk in the park. The degree of demand by the EU seems to point to their desperation to keep us under the thumb. I have quoted Merkel before as saying that the EU needs to be more competitive and I do wonder if they are actually very worried that our economy will fly without their restrictions. There has been more than one reference to keeping a level playing field. What is that about? Is it as I suspect the intention to hold us in check somehow?

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts post_id=15635 time=1580987632 user_id=54
Don't shout - it makes you sound so desperate.

Not desperate, but I take your point.  :)

Streetwalker

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15628 time=1580986687 user_id=61
and so you should.

Your stance is very much like Clinton and his "I did not have sexual relations with that woman,...Miss Lewinski"

That was a lie, and the claim on the red bus was a lie, and the NHS as claimed won't be getting 350m a week.

[size=200]We send the EU 350m a week, Lets fund our NHS instead[/size]

It's plain to see what the red bus was eluding to, you can try ignore it but it doesn't change what that message said. It played to the average person in the UK, leading (lying) them to believe the NHS was getting a massive injection post brexit. What is the UK contribution 7.5b approx, that's less than 145m a week. Not insignificant so why Lie.

You like to perpetuate that lie by claiming the UK contribution is 13% of the EU budget. It DOESNT CONTRIBUTE THAT AMOUNT.

Don't shout - it makes you sound so desperate.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick post_id=15615 time=1580982740 user_id=73I give up.

and so you should.

Your stance is very much like Clinton and his "I did not have sexual relations with that woman,...Miss Lewinski"

That was a lie, and the claim on the red bus was a lie, and the NHS as claimed won't be getting 350m a week.

[size=200]We send the EU 350m a week, Lets fund our NHS instead[/size]

It's plain to see what the red bus was eluding to, you can try ignore it but it doesn't change what that message said. It played to the average person in the UK, leading (lying) them to believe the NHS was getting a massive injection post brexit. What is the UK contribution 7.5b approx, that's less than 145m a week. Not insignificant so why Lie.

You like to perpetuate that lie by claiming the UK contribution is 13% of the EU budget. It DOESNT CONTRIBUTE THAT AMOUNT.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15599 time=1580979404 user_id=61
I can't make you understand whats on that bus, but he was brought to court and questioned about this lie.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-boris-johnson-court-nhs-vote-leave-justice-westminster-a8927211.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 27211.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-boris-johnson-court-nhs-vote-leave-justice-westminster-a8927211.html

I give up.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick post_id=15596 time=1580974732 user_id=73
Same question, where does it say £350 million is going to the NHS?

I can't make you understand whats on that bus, but he was brought to court and questioned about this lie.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-boris-johnson-court-nhs-vote-leave-justice-westminster-a8927211.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 27211.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-boris-johnson-court-nhs-vote-leave-justice-westminster-a8927211.html

Nick

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15590 time=1580948935 user_id=61
Really nick. Where it says

We send the EU 350m a week, Lets fund our NHS instead

Can't you comprehend.

Does it say lets fund our NHS, Police, Army. NO it says NHS.

And you do know that the UK never sent 350m a week or the equivalent 18.2b a yr. You do know that bus was a lie.

Same question, where does it say £350 million is going to the NHS?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick post_id=15589 time=1580946868 user_id=73
I've left you the links on the other thread. As I say Gerry, I can explain it............

Would you like to point to the part of the bus that says £350 million is going to the NHS?

https://spectatorblogs.imgix.net/files/2017/10/GettyImages-576855022.jpg?auto=compress,enhance,format&crop=faces,entropy,edges&fit=crop&w=820&h=550">

Really nick. Where it says

We send the EU 350m a week, Lets fund our NHS instead

Can't you comprehend.

Does it say lets fund our NHS, Police, Army. NO it says NHS.

And you do know that the UK never sent 350m a week or the equivalent 18.2b a yr. You do know that bus was a lie.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15584 time=1580943594 user_id=61
No you did, but it doesn't phase me. I just did Nick and your maths would coincide with the big red bus, remember the 350m a week which was debunked as a lie. That's what your trying now to say is the UK contribution. And technically the UK DOESN'T pay to the EU the rebate, it's deducted before any payments to the EU are made. So it definitely doesn't pay what your saying and your being disingenuous trying to leave out all the money the UK receives back from the EU.

I've left you the links on the other thread. As I say Gerry, I can explain it............

Would you like to point to the part of the bus that says £350 million is going to the NHS?

https://spectatorblogs.imgix.net/files/2017/10/GettyImages-576855022.jpg?auto=compress,enhance,format&crop=faces,entropy,edges&fit=crop&w=820&h=550">

GerryT

Quote from: Nick post_id=15582 time=1580942883 user_id=73
I didn't call you a bitch, I said you and your country being the bitch to the EU. It's a turn of phrase and not a personal insult.

As for your posts Gerry, no one engages with you on the economic maths because your calculations are just nonsense. Go and answer the question I asked on the other thread and you'll see how bonkers your maths is.

No you did, but it doesn't phase me. I just did Nick and your maths would coincide with the big red bus, remember the 350m a week which was debunked as a lie. That's what your trying now to say is the UK contribution. And technically the UK DOESN'T pay to the EU the rebate, it's deducted before any payments to the EU are made. So it definitely doesn't pay what your saying and your being disingenuous trying to leave out all the money the UK receives back from the EU.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15581 time=1580942480 user_id=61
No I'll post the way I like, I think most others on here understand what I'm saying and excuse the odd spelling mistake. You picking up on it and making it an issue says far more about you than it does about me.

Then you flew into more personal insults, I'm now a bitch. What infuriates you so much about Ireland, it appears that the UK not getting what it wants with the EU is really getting up your nose. Compromise, add that to your dictionary.

Next time Nick look at the point a person is making and if you have something to say then post. Or maybe when you do that it's because you've nothing to say., use your inner voice Nick.

I didn't call you a bitch, I said you and your country being the bitch to the EU. It's a turn of phrase and not a personal insult.

As for your posts Gerry, no one engages with you on the economic maths because your calculations are just nonsense. Go and answer the question I asked on the other thread and you'll see how bonkers your maths is.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick post_id=15576 time=1580941225 user_id=73
You and your country carry on being the bitch to the EU, we will show you how it's done.

As for your questions I'll answer them when you manage to string a sentence together without any spelling mistakes, that actually makes sense. Think you can do that?

No I'll post the way I like, I think most others on here understand what I'm saying and excuse the odd spelling mistake. You picking up on it and making it an issue says far more about you than it does about me.

Then you flew into more personal insults, I'm now a bitch. What infuriates you so much about Ireland, it appears that the UK not getting what it wants with the EU is really getting up your nose. Compromise, add that to your dictionary.

Next time Nick look at the point a person is making and if you have something to say then post. Or maybe when you do that it's because you've nothing to say., use your inner voice Nick.