God Bless The Postmen

Started by Borchester, December 22, 2022, 01:25:00 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

My thinsulate gloves arrived yesterday !!

I ordered them from Amazon while we were staring at the possibility of a freeze about a fortnight ago but the pissheads who took my money sent them by Royal Mail not by Amazon van. Arrgghh 

Look on the bright side I believe more cold weather is coming
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2022, 10:17:01 AM
The blame will be the management not the workforce.
Nothing to do with the terrorists then?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2022, 09:50:50 AM
The postal service may not recover from this.
The blame will be the management not the workforce.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 22, 2022, 11:48:30 PM
I have heard some may not be delivered for weeks.
My daughter posted a card 1st class to her sister on 7th Dec and it arrived just yesterday. My teenage grandkids have designed their own Ecards to send to me which have been fun. I have received a variety of messages and ecards but only one by post which was weeks ago. I have sent nothing by post. The postal service may not recover from this.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on December 22, 2022, 01:25:00 PM
I have just discovered a score of Christmas cards that I have failed to post, but with the posties being on strike I can blame their late arrival on them :)
I have heard some may not be delivered for weeks.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 22, 2022, 01:25:00 PM
I have just discovered a score of Christmas cards that I have failed to post, but with the posties being on strike I can blame their late arrival on them :)
My wife and I have not sent Christmas cards for many years. However this year we have got loads of Christmas mots of which we don't have a clue who they are from because they have no return address.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Edit thread header from good to god
Algerie Francais !