God Bless The Postmen

Started by Borchester, December 22, 2022, 01:25:00 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on December 31, 2022, 01:06:12 PM
No I didn't,what I said was in answer to you,if you have one person it's not an entity or a union it's  an idea of let's form a union it only becomes a union if enough people become members and because you started it doesn't make you chairman it takes people who then organise and vote,formulate rules etc.

Nick you are desperately trying to compare unions to terrorist organisations.........and failing miserably.

A union has no power or use without its members.
People can be manipulated by those in authority even in a Union. We have them seeking huge unreachable increases and isn't there an argument that lofty promises made on the back of vain hopes in order to achieve a walk out will almost bring the country to it's knees? Terrorist may well be an extreme word to describe them but what might be seen as peaceful is only a touch away from aggression. Surely it has been seen in the past. As it is the extreme aims of the salaried leaders, who I believe are not 'workers' in the true sense of the word in that they work on the 'shop floor', are losing some of their support. That in itself suggests action that was more group think than actual personal commitment/belief of the real members. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2022, 12:42:23 PM
And there you have it. You have just stated that there is an entity for members to join that is not the members. It's an entity that has a chairman, quorum and a committee, which can exist without members. This is the union, and this is the governing body that uses tactics inline with how terrorists operate. And as T00ts said, you don't need bombs.
No I didn't,what I said was in answer to you,if you have one person it's not an entity or a union it's  an idea of let's form a union it only becomes a union if enough people become members and because you started it doesn't make you chairman it takes people who then organise and vote,formulate rules etc.

Nick you are desperately trying to compare unions to terrorist organisations.........and failing miserably.

A union has no power or use without its members.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2022, 12:47:39 PM
Do you not get sick of regurgitating the same old crap? You just bore everyone to death.
Nick given the  nasty comments you have made about trade unions being terrorist organisations. They started out the same way was as any other organisation including political parties.  People uniting in a common cause.
Due to the sheer number of very nasty employers in Britain, trade unions are needed more then ever.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 31, 2022, 12:43:44 PM
That is how the Tory party operates.
Do you not get sick of regurgitating the same old crap? You just bore everyone to death. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2022, 12:42:23 PM
 the governing body that uses tactics inline with how terrorists operate. 
That is how the Tory party operates.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 31, 2022, 12:36:16 PM
He or she starts a union and hopes others join,if they do then you have a union if they don't you have one worker on their own....

that's reasoning for you ::)
And there you have it. You have just stated that there is an entity for members to join that is not the members. It's an entity that has a chairman, quorum and a committee, which can exist without members. This is the union, and this is the governing body that uses tactics inline with how terrorists operate. And as T00ts said, you don't need bombs. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2022, 12:25:36 PM
So how does the first member join? According to your reasoning no union can ever come into existence.
He or she starts a union and hopes others join,if they do then you have a union if they don't you have one worker on their own....

that's reasoning for you ::)

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 31, 2022, 11:58:41 AM
Physics? No it's maths actually if all the members leave a union as you cited there is no union left.
In the real world that's happened with some working men's clubs,you can't join something which no longer exists.
So how does the first member join? According to your reasoning no union can ever come into existence. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2022, 11:39:58 AM
And when a member wants to join, they can't because there is nothing to join!! Rubbish.
Sorry Mr C, you can duck and dive all you want but you can't outwit physics.
Physics? No it's maths actually if all the members leave a union as you cited there is no union left.
In the real world that's happened with some working men's clubs,you can't join something which no longer exists.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 31, 2022, 10:59:32 AM
Ermm...........Nothing simples.
And when a member wants to join, they can't because there is nothing to join!! Rubbish. 
Sorry Mr C, you can duck and dive all you want but you can't outwit physics.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2022, 10:53:14 AM
So if all these members left, what is left behind?
Ermm...........Nothing simples.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 30, 2022, 07:17:10 PM
There's no need to shout,shouting doesn't make your argument.

You can spin whichever way you like but calling the members the union or whatever terrorists is a ludicrous argument
here are some recognised definitions of a unionandSo as I said a union is the sum total of its members.
So if all these members left, what is left behind?

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 30, 2022, 07:01:11 PM
They are called members of the union, they are not the union. Hence the law that a UNION must ballot its MEMBERS before calling a strike. So it's the governing body that I call terrorists not its members.
There's no need to shout,shouting doesn't make your argument.

You can spin whichever way you like but calling the members the union or whatever terrorists is a ludicrous argument
here are some recognised definitions of a union
QuoteA trade union is an organisation made up of members (a membership-based organisation) and its membership must be made up mainly of workers.
and
QuoteA trade union is a group of employees who join together to maintain and improve their conditions of employment.
So as I said a union is the sum total of its members.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on December 30, 2022, 07:14:28 PM
My wife's Christmas present came today. 17 days to arrive. At least she was pleased with it, but how a day or two strike delays something by 10 days, I'm not sure. I expect the brothers were saying "That pile is the backlog". ::)

Oh come on. She had a new grandchild to make a fuss over, what else did she want?
Algerie Francais !

Barry

My wife's Christmas present came today. 17 days to arrive. At least she was pleased with it, but how a day or two strike delays something by 10 days, I'm not sure. I expect the brothers were saying "That pile is the backlog". ::)
† The end is nigh †