Bring Back Boris?

Started by patman post, May 05, 2023, 12:24:03 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: HDQQ on May 14, 2023, 11:50:34 PM
But it was Brexit that took away the rights we had as EU citizens 
Brexit hasn't brought us any benefits. Not even ardent Brexiters can name any

It was the Mafia who would go to shops and ask for protection money, just in case someone smashed up the shop.  And if you refused to pay, then your shop gets mysteriously smashed up.  Do you see how that works?  If your own politicians are telling you how important it is to be in the EU, for your own legal protections, but they have already made legislation which abuses your freedoms, then your politicians are doing exactly what the Mafia did.  The benefits of Brexit are, you should never comply with the Mafia, because it will never end.  

May I remind you, European legislation was supposed to protect our right to assemble and protest.  And yet, in 2020/2021, the politicians said we must not, and the police enforced it.  We were not actually protected, even when legislation said we were.  Do you see, if you cannot rely on your own politicians to protect you, don't imagine foreign politicians can.  That's just plain gullible ignorance.  And that's not mentioning my post about the Nazi founding father of the EU.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

HDQQ

Quote from: Borchester on May 14, 2023, 12:33:52 PM

I don't give a F@@@.

I don't recall a time when the media was not squealing that the economy was not going arse over tea kettle down the hill into the poor house. By that sort of reckoning we are now heading back to the 21 Century BC when we not only lived in caves, but that the roof leaked.

And none of it is worth jackshit because Brexit is about being British and Remain is about giving Brussels a blowjob.
You're still living in a pre-2016 UKIP fairy tale where the EU was portrayed as an imperial power intent on taking away our freedoms. But it was Brexit that took away the rights we had as EU citizens and damaged our economy. Brexit hasn't brought us any benefits. Not even ardent Brexiters can name any - instead they just bang on about getting our "freedom" back, when in fact we never lost it in the first place.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 14, 2023, 09:29:15 PM
Well that doesn't count because all you leavers said that was lies

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 14, 2023, 05:24:55 PM
And as for your 'we expected a short term hit' that's just plain dishonest.  You may have so expected but your heroes very carefully didn't tell those 17 million voters did they.

Now that's plain dishonest.  You accepted that people "may have expected so", referring to a short term hit, then you contradict yourself with "all you leavers said that was lies."
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on May 14, 2023, 09:16:28 PM
I'm not sure who the "heroes" are, but we certainly were told there would be an economic hit.  Of course, it was fear-mongering.  But we were told. "Leaving Europe would threaten our economic security".  At 2:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w87GNWJHtFM
Well that doesn't count because all you leavers said that was lies

See if you can find any recognised Leaver that admitted there would be a hit to the economy.  Won't hold my breath.

Scott777

And as for your 'we expected a short term hit' that's just plain dishonest.  You may have so expected but your heroes very carefully didn't tell those 17 million voters did they. 

I'm not sure who the "heroes" are, but we certainly were told there would be an economic hit.  Of course, it was fear-mongering.  But we were told. "Leaving Europe would threaten our economic security".  At 2:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w87GNWJHtFM

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 14, 2023, 06:30:49 PM
I didn't join this forum until 2019, but there is a very good search feature that you can use.
So in short you didn't say anything like that pre referendum did you.  Couldn't spoil conning all those voters 

And I plain don't believe you were inactive on the internet pre referendum day

Nick

Well give us the source of that data (not the only to subscribers Statista presentation of it) and I could probably say

Interesting those that you've cut off the pre referendum figure which carefully hides the Brexit impact

And as for your 'we expected a short term hit' that's just plain dishonest.  You may have so expected but your heroes very carefully didn't tell those 17 million voters did they.  And did you?  Go on show us your pre referendum posts saying they'll be a hit.

I didn't join this forum until 2019, but there is a very good search feature that you can use. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 14, 2023, 03:42:51 PM
Strange how we are predicted to outstrip France in the next 5 years and catch Germany by 30%!! How do you explain that?

You've been told, we expected a short term hit but look to the future. Even if Brexit is involved, you can't prove that, the fact that the drop is so small including Covid and Putin we are in a really good place.

Well give us the source of that data (not the only to subscribers Statista presentation of it) and I could probably say

Interesting those that you've cut off the pre referendum figure which carefully hides the Brexit impact

And as for your 'we expected a short term hit' that's just plain dishonest.  You may have so expected but your heroes very carefully didn't tell those 17 million voters did they.  And did you?  Go on show us your pre referendum posts saying they'll be a hit. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on May 14, 2023, 03:58:21 PM
As I said, not because of Covid and Putin, because of government response, which is different for each country.  We also spend lots on mass immigration, green policies, and much more.
There are rumours that the latest set of net legal migration figures into Britain for last year is going to be around one million.
I await to see how close the rumours are to the reality.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 14, 2023, 01:26:48 PM
But it isn't 'screwed'.  It's worse off than it would have been and the main reasons are Brexit, Covid and Putin.  And since we're doing worse than comparable countries that also have those Covid and Putin effects, it's obvious that the OBR are right, Brexit has and will mean the country is noticeably poorer than it would otherwise have been.

As I said, not because of Covid and Putin, because of government response, which is different for each country.  We also spend lots on mass immigration, green policies, and much more.

Nick

But it isn't 'screwed'.  It's worse off than it would have been and the main reasons are Brexit, Covid and Putin.  And since we're doing worse than comparable countries that also have those Covid and Putin effects, it's obvious that the OBR are right, Brexit has and will mean the country is noticeably poorer than it would otherwise have been.
Strange how we are predicted to outstrip France in the next 5 years and catch Germany by 30%!! How do you explain that?

You've been told, we expected a short term hit but look to the future. Even if Brexit is involved, you can't prove that, the fact that the drop is so small including Covid and Putin we are in a really good place. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on May 14, 2023, 01:30:14 PM
It is so badly screwed it will take a miracle to sort out.
Nah

Not as good as it should have been does not equal screwed (slang for ruined)

papasmurf

But it isn't 'screwed'. 
It is so badly screwed it will take a miracle to sort out.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on May 14, 2023, 12:44:10 PM
I would qualify both of those.  The economy is screwed by (among other things) the government response to Covid and to Putin.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on May 14, 2023, 08:45:02 AM
But Brexit hasn't screwed the economy, it is Covid and Putin that that has done that.

Article here.

https://pol-tics.com/brexit/5/like-i-keep-saying/6613/new#new

I would qualify both of those.  The economy is screwed by (among other things) the government response to Covid and to Putin.