Main Menu

Good News!

Started by BeElBeeBub, May 24, 2023, 05:34:10 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2023, 01:13:14 PM
Borchester more evidence on the forum against you. (Your analysis of Tata actually actually agrees with mine, so what is your problem.)

That Tata/JLR plan is no more than pie in the sky at the moment. For a start to make the batteries will need 70000 tonnes of Lithium more  than Britain can (in theory produce.) The Cornwall Lithium mines are still years away before industrial scale production, assuming it ever happens. Then there are still the Brexit problems the Tory government is still not addressing.
The media/press enthusiasm has little backing it up.
First off, who mentioned Lithium apart from you?

To make a battery you need 70,000 tons of Lithium? How do you know how many batteries they will be making? Yet more unqualified drivel. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on May 31, 2023, 12:41:59 PM

Don't hold your breath. Pappy is a fool and too cowardly to admit that he is which is why he is a fool. One of the most wonderful things in life is not being right, but learning something new but as said, Pappy has yet to realise that.

Tata has always had a bit of a reputation as undertakers in that they have bought up a lot of the shaky prestige projects such as cars and steel mills and airlines that new (and not so new) nations are fond of pissing away the states' revenues on. The company drives hard bargains, but they are usually better than no bargain at all.
Borchester more evidence on the forum against you. (Your analysis of Tata actually actually agrees with mine, so what is your problem.)

That Tata/JLR plan is no more than pie in the sky at the moment. For a start to make the batteries will need 70000 tonnes of Lithium more  than Britain can (in theory produce.) The Cornwall Lithium mines are still years away before industrial scale production, assuming it ever happens. Then there are still the Brexit problems the Tory government is still not addressing.
The media/press enthusiasm has little backing it up.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on May 30, 2023, 07:54:19 PM
Just post one piece of evidence.

Don't hold your breath. Pappy is a fool and too cowardly to admit that he is which is why he is a fool. One of the most wonderful things in life is not being right, but learning something new but as said, Pappy has yet to realise that.

Tata has always had a bit of a reputation as undertakers in that they have bought up a lot of the shaky prestige projects such as cars and steel mills and airlines that new (and not so new) nations are fond of pissing away the states' revenues on. The company drives hard bargains, but they are usually better than no bargain at all.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 31, 2023, 10:53:25 AM
You've been caught out again so therefore change your wording in your posts to just about slip into the realms of reality.
You clearly stated that Tata were a dodgy company and that the UK government should check them out before giving them money.

You're now posting links that show that the market slowed and profits were down, mainly due to Russia.

So try again, show somewhere that shows Tata to be crooks, as you suggested.
Nick, Tata has numerous well documented problems, it would take about 50 links, which you would not read anyway.
Tata's plans for JLR  are just that plans, and are dependent on British government loans and changes to rules to import and export to the EU. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2023, 08:39:22 AM
Nick just one of many Tata Steel warns of 'uncertainty' over future of its operations in the UK as earnings nosedive - Wales Online
You've been caught out again so therefore change your wording in your posts to just about slip into the realms of reality.
You clearly stated that Tata were a dodgy company and that the UK government should check them out before giving them money.

Quote from: papasmurf on May 29, 2023, 09:42:02 AM
Nick I appear to know a lot more about Tata than you do. (Basically due to their appalling track record, I would like to know has the Tory government done a due diligence check before they hand over  large wedge of British taxpayers money.)

You're now posting links that show that the market slowed and profits were down, mainly due to Russia.

So try again, show somewhere that shows Tata to be crooks, as you suggested.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 30, 2023, 07:39:32 PM
Nick, it is you who needs to get yourself better informed and up to speed. It is a combination of many factors that makes Tata in Britain shaky to state the least. I would need to post about 50 references (which you would not read anyway.)
They say ignorance is bliss. Personally I would make sure you always have enough money for the airfare back to Britain.
Just post one piece of evidence. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 30, 2023, 07:32:46 PM
@@@FINAL WARNING@@@

Either start backing up your ridiculous claims or you will have your posts supervised.
Nick, it is you who needs to get yourself better informed and up to speed. It is a combination of many factors that makes Tata in Britain shaky to state the least. I would need to post about 50 references (which you would not read anyway.)
They say ignorance is bliss. Personally I would make sure you always have enough money for the airfare back to Britain.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 30, 2023, 06:54:15 PM
Nick I follow financial news, current affairs and analysis,  you obviously don't.
@@@FINAL WARNING@@@

Either start backing up your ridiculous claims or you will have your posts supervised.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 30, 2023, 07:14:20 PM
No, I'm in Germany working on an EV line for JLR Wolverhampton.
I hope for you sake it lasts.  Tata might well move JLR production to China. (Seriously.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 30, 2023, 07:00:47 PM
Your television broken Nick?
No, I'm in Germany working on an EV line for JLR Wolverhampton. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 30, 2023, 07:00:16 PM
You are a long way behind when it comes the problems besetting Tata in particular and electric car production in Britain in general.
You didn't even know what JLR and EV meant. 

You just trolling people, never giving any links. If you continue this evasive posting method you will be sanctioned, be warned. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 30, 2023, 06:59:22 PM
You should be about to post some evidence then, you've been asked 3 times now.
Your television broken Nick?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 30, 2023, 06:58:18 PM
You might be following it, but it's about 10 yards in front lol
You are a long way behind when it comes the problems besetting Tata in particular and electric car production in Britain in general.