Main Menu

Brand

Started by Nick, September 20, 2023, 12:44:22 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on September 29, 2023, 05:22:55 PM
You're playing down the media attack on Brand, and ignoring the political attack and the social media attack.  Wyman recently appeared on the cover of some big magazine, so he is all fine, even though he probably did it.
There is no doubt he did it, he "confessed," to it and so did the then underage girl. The police and he CPS decided not to prosecute.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on September 29, 2023, 05:19:55 PM
Yes, allegedly is the word.  Whereas Wyman almost certainly did it.  So why attack Brand?
I am still puzzled as to why Brand is being called a comedian. As for the allegations, they are mounting fast as time passes.

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 28, 2023, 07:14:50 AM
Wymans crime was with one under age girl, the story was told and that was that ,there is no milage in repeating that story. Brand is accused of multiple sexual assualts and rape . The media report that , the police ask the media to report it to encourage others to come forward and when they do they report it again .

Im sure any celebrity in the same position would find themselves on the front pages , it goes with the territory

You're playing down the media attack on Brand, and ignoring the political attack and the social media attack.  Wyman recently appeared on the cover of some big magazine, so he is all fine, even though he probably did it.  Did the media encourage people to come forward if they think they were groomed into sex by Wyman?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2023, 06:46:35 AM
Because allegedly, and I stress allegedly  Brand is a far more prolific offender.

Yes, allegedly is the word.  Whereas Wyman almost certainly did it.  So why attack Brand?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on September 27, 2023, 09:51:20 PM
Fair enough, it might be too late for the law, but never for media and politicians.  They could cancel Wyman, but they don't.
I'm not saying they should.  I'm saying they could, but they only choose to attack Brand.  Why is that?

Wymans crime was with one under age girl, the story was told and that was that ,there is no milage in repeating that story. Brand is accused of multiple sexual assualts and rape . The media report that , the police ask the media to report it to encourage others to come forward and when they do they report it again .

Im sure any celebrity in the same position would find themselves on the front pages , it goes with the territory 

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on September 27, 2023, 09:51:20 PMI'm saying they could, but they only choose to attack Brand.  Why is that?
Because allegedly, and I stress allegedly  Brand is a far more prolific offender.

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 27, 2023, 07:27:48 AM
There was an investigation ,at the time Smith would have had to press charges , she didn't so that was the end of it .It was well covered in the media .
Today Wyman would be in prison but its not today it was 40 years ago .

Fair enough, it might be too late for the law, but never for media and politicians.  They could cancel Wyman, but they don't.
I'm not saying they should.  I'm saying they could, but they only choose to attack Brand.  Why is that?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on September 27, 2023, 07:35:08 AM
And he ended up marrying her, not that is a benchmark. Is there any documentation that she admitted what the type of relationship was, as Smurf says?
She has given a few interviews over the years saying she had sexual relationship with Wyman while under age .

Mandy Smith: I DID sleep with Bill Wyman when I was 14... but now the only man in my life is God | Daily Mail Online

So there you go , back on earth Brand is still a sex pest with the morals of an ally cat . Whether he stepped over the line into criminality remains to be seen . 

Russell Brand: Police receive further allegations against comedian - BBC News

papasmurf

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2023, 10:06:56 AM
Nick it was widely reported at the time, how many (expletive deleted,) links do you want. I am NOT being dramatic, merely referencing what is public domain.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 27, 2023, 09:39:50 AM
So you're now using The Sun as evidence? The paper that said a WWII bomber was found on the moon? Not like The Sun to be as dramatic as you, and it was you that argued that tabloid newspaper articles were not evidence if I remember correctly.
Nick it was widely reported at the time, how many (expletive deleted,) links do you want. I am NOT being dramatic, merely referencing what is public domain.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2023, 09:27:47 AM
Bill Wyman documentary The Quiet One pulled over 'sex predator' protests against ex-Rolling Stone | The Sun

In 2013, Wyman claimed he had been "open" about the incident - and had even handed himself in to cops for questioning.

So you're now using The Sun as evidence? The paper that said a WWII bomber was found on the moon? Not like The Sun to be as dramatic as you, and it was you that argued that tabloid newspaper articles were not evidence if I remember correctly. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2023, 09:11:42 AM
Nick that is just one report there are dozens. I am not being dramatic just commenting with one out of many references.
Let's have a report that says he 'handed himself in' then. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 27, 2023, 09:09:39 AM
Did you actually read your own link? It said he went to the police station and asked if they wanted to speak to him, they said no. How can you turn your self in if you are not wanted? You're just being dramatic.
Nick that is just one report there are dozens. I am not being dramatic just commenting with one out of many references.