Brexit post virus?

Started by T00ts, March 04, 2020, 08:24:13 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=18841 time=1584443292 user_id=70
Perhaps the Chinese could now bring in stir dying...

:D
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester post_id=18802 time=1584396466 user_id=62
That is true, although to be fair there is something cackhanded about Dignity PLC. The basic idea was that it would gather up all the family firms and make megabucks by way of economies of scale. But apparently that hasn't happened, Dignity has seen its profits fall by 20% compared with 2018 and cancelled the dividend. It would appear that even with the help of our Chinese chums, we aren't dying off fast enough and when we do we have our funerals on the cheap.

Perhaps the Chinese could now bring in stir dying...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=18775 time=1584369992 user_id=70
It's all a gamble: share price of Dignity plc, one of the largest providers of funeral services and prepaid funeral plans in the UK, was 729p in March 2019 — it's now 321p and falling...

That is true, although to be fair there is something cackhanded about Dignity PLC. The basic idea was that it would gather up all the family firms and make megabucks by way of economies of scale. But apparently that hasn't happened, Dignity has seen its profits fall by 20% compared with 2018 and cancelled the dividend. It would appear that even with the help of our Chinese chums, we aren't dying off fast enough and when we do we have our funerals on the cheap.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester post_id=18765 time=1584359009 user_id=62
Bleeding hell, the FTSE 100 has dipped below 5000.  If I buy in now and it returns to 7500 in two years (which it did after the 2008 keffufle) I will be rich, rich! Of course, if the markets carry on falling or I make the wrong choice and Herself finds out I will be dead, dead bleeding well dead.

Decisions, decisions

It's all a gamble: share price of Dignity plc, one of the largest providers of funeral services and prepaid funeral plans in the UK, was 729p in March 2019 — it's now 321p and falling...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=18767 time=1584359993 user_id=89
I suspect it will drop a lot further, possible down around 3500.

Dunno. It usually only falls by half so I would reckon on 3800, but you may well be right.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=18765 time=1584359009 user_id=62
Bleeding hell, the FTSE 100 has dipped below 5000.

I suspect it will drop a lot further, possible down around 3500.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Bleeding hell, the FTSE 100 has dipped below 5000.  If I buy in now and it returns to 7500 in two years (which it did after the 2008 keffufle) I will be rich, rich! Of course, if the markets carry on falling or I make the wrong choice and Herself finds out I will be dead, dead bleeding well dead.

Decisions, decisions
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=18712 time=1584302901 user_id=89
Unfortunately I don't trust Boris at all.

Put it this way if he were an officer in the army in a life threatening battlefield situation I suspect he would be shot in the back by "friendly fire."

Or as the Americans say fragged.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=18712 time=1584302901 user_id=89

You always burst my bubble!  :roll:

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=18711 time=1584302238 user_id=54
 We have to trust someone and my choice is our elected leadership with fingers crossed.

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=18707 time=1584301388 user_id=50
I give up with this argument. I posted what I thought was a very fair and balanced response to Toots article, which didn't deny or downplay any of the risks or the potential suffering. She didn't even reply and you are now saying you want it "handled properly", as if I don't. What I've said from the start is we need facts, not drama in the media driving political decisions, because that is what is happening. Its unreasonable to expect any country (Germany, Italy the UK or anyone else) to have enough Intensive Care beds available and on hand for a pandemic on this scale because its a once in a life time event.

I feel for the Government because they are in a no win situation now. Whatever they do, the Smurfs of this world are waiting to shoot them down, while playing to the baying crowd may make them slightly more popular but will risk the countries economic future disappearing down the pan in short order. I feel, sadly, that its already too late to stop that, because as in Germany, Italy, Spain and everywhere else, we will probably be in lockdown ourselves within the next 10 days. Whatever the (so far unproved) arguments for complete lockdown are and whether it will result in saved lives in the absence of IC places, it will have dire economic consequences for millions down the line, as Thomas has illustrated.

There are still no factual arguments coming up on this thread, just news articles offering some doctor or nurses experience of "world war 2" like conditions, second hand repetitions of people dying in corridors and political swipes at a cornered government. I've had enough.

I'm out of this, I'll leave you to it.

I am here but this thread is moving so quickly and then life got in the way. I do agree with what you say. Brexit taught the media that if they shout loud enough they can almost run the country.  However equally I am saying that neither of the extreme positions will do any of us any good. I am extreme I guess because my medical advice is pretty definitive so I am currently ahead of the game. I have a neighbour not in the best of health who is determined not to be told what to do, and will not isolate without a gun to his head. I feel that until now the government is doing the best it can and so far have kept a clear head. I do dread what is ahead on a purely human level. So many are going to suffer in many ways, but it is an evolving situation and what we know today may be on it's head tomorrow. We have to trust someone and my choice is our elected leadership with fingers crossed.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=18707 time=1584301388 user_id=50
I give up with this argument. I posted what I thought was a very fair and balanced response to Toots article, which didn't deny or downplay any of the risks or the potential suffering. She didn't even reply and you are now saying you want it "handled properly", as if I don't. What I've said from the start is we need facts, not drama in the media driving political decisions, because that is what is happening. Its unreasonable to expect any country (Germany, Italy the UK or anyone else) to have enough Intensive Care beds available and on hand for a pandemic on this scale because its a once in a generation event.

I feel for the Government because they are in a no win situation now. Whatever they do, the Smurfs of this world are waiting to shoot them down, while playing to the baying crowd may make them slightly more popular but will risk the countries economic future disappearing down the pan in short order. I feel, sadly, that its already too late to stop that, because as in Germany, Italy, Spain and everywhere else, we will probably be in lockdown ourselves within the next 10 days. Whatever the (so far unproved) arguments for complete lockdown are and whether it will result in saved lives in the absence of IC places, it will have dire economic consequences for millions down the line, as Thomas has illustrated.

There are still no factual arguments coming up on this thread, just news articles offering some doctor or nurses experience of "world war 2" like conditions, second hand repetitions of people dying in corridors and political swipes at a cornered government. I've had enough.

Fecks sake I didn't say you didn't want it handled properly it's a forum people disagree what do you want people to lie down and accept all you say,I don't expect you to accept all I say........ no mate I give up it's a difference of opinion nowt else
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=18699 time=1584300137 user_id=48
And I've already said I don't think stripping supermarkets is best nor do I give a toss about the media they do what they do,what I do care about is if this is handled properly,I've already shown you that health professionals think it all woefully inadequate.

I give up with this argument. I posted what I thought was a very fair and balanced response to Toots article, which didn't deny or downplay any of the risks or the potential suffering. She didn't even reply and you are now saying you want it "handled properly", as if I don't. What I've said from the start is we need facts, not drama in the media driving political decisions, because that is what is happening. Its unreasonable to expect any country (Germany, Italy the UK or anyone else) to have enough Intensive Care beds available and on hand for a pandemic on this scale because its a once in a life time event.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas post_id=18704 time=1584300993 user_id=58
i know cromwell. Well listen tae this.

Yesterday morning I saw a radical prodistent rangers fan (who was ranting on about nat si ( SNP)aggression in the peace loving paradise of Govan) lose his footing and fall into the clyde.

Being a responsible scottish citizen, I notified the emergency services.

By noon today, they still hadn't arrived....

I'm beginning to think I've wasted a stamp!

:lol:  :lol: Anyway I hadn't finished my post,forum playing up tonight posted it  :?:  anyway I have updated it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas post_id=18704 time=1584300993 user_id=58
i know cromwell. Well listen tae this.

Yesterday morning I saw a radical prodistent rangers fan (who was ranting on about nat si ( SNP)aggression in the peace loving paradise of Govan) lose his footing and fall into the clyde.

Being a responsible scottish citizen, I notified the emergency services.

By noon today, they still hadn't arrived....

I'm beginning to think I've wasted a stamp!

:hattip  :hattip
Algerie Francais !