General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Stevlin

Quote from: T00ts post_id=15109 time=1580663061 user_id=54
Perhaps I should have made the point clearer. If I had meant you or the Scots or Irish particularly then I would have put my post in that section. I had in mind Campbell - that chap that was Blair's minder when in No.10 - but there have been others. I don't think I can be accused of burying my head Thomas. Why would I subject myself to a forum like this if I didn't want to know?

Ah c'mon now Toots! - why didn't you explain to the latter day Pict that because he doesn't appear to recognise the existence of the unified UK, which is accepted internationally as an independent country, and also truly sovereign again, now that Brexit has finally taken place.

Yes, the United Kingdom is an independent country and is recognized as such by the United Nations.

Thomas

I was going to ask the baron for another comment , but unfortunately im not allowed to.  :lol:

Im sure he will be along shortly anyway. :lol:

sorry cromwell , i cannae stop laughing . What a feckin headcase that man is.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Barry post_id=15112 time=1580663297 user_id=51
Yes, you must be feeling very frustrated at the moment. You lost over Brexit. You lost Indyref1 and you have no date for IndyRef2.

Why not see how it goes for a generation to see how it all works out?

If not, just have your IndyRef2, legal or not, get your 50% + 1 majority and see how that works out.  :fpigs:

me? Not really barry , im enjoying the fun to be honest.

Remember he who laughs last laughs longest. :dncg:

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=15109 time=1580663061 user_id=54
Perhaps I should have made the point clearer. If I had meant you or the Scots or Irish particularly then I would have put my post in that section. I had in mind Campbell - that chap that was Blair's minder when in No.10 - but there have been others. I don't think I can be accused of burying my head Thomas. Why would I subject myself to a forum like this if I didn't want to know?

No worries toots.

Barry

Quote from: Thomas post_id=15106 time=1580662332 user_id=58
Not sure who you are talking about but your country isnt my country.

We voted 62 % in favour of remaining in the eu , you ignored that. We are now polling 74% in favour.

We kicked the sh*t out of your conservative party in the recent general election , where they lost 55% of the seats ruth davidson won them in scotland , you ignored that and carry on legislating on our behalf from your country.

Why cant you accept democracy and accept where scotland and northern ireland are if you wish it be returned in kind?

Democracy can only work when we all play by its rules , and you brexiters took a severe kicking in scotland non stop over the last 4 years.

Cut off all the air supply you like toots , and bury your head in the sand , it wont make any difference.

Yes, you must be feeling very frustrated at the moment. You lost over Brexit. You lost Indyref1 and you have no date for IndyRef2.

Why not see how it goes for a generation to see how it all works out?

If not, just have your IndyRef2, legal or not, get your 50% + 1 majority and see how that works out.  :fpigs:
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas post_id=15106 time=1580662332 user_id=58

We voted 62 % in favour of remaining in the eu , you ignored that. We are now polling 74% in favour.

We kicked the sh*t out of your conservative party in the recent general election , where they lost 55% of the seats ruth davidson won them in scotland , you ignored that and carry on legislating on our behalf from your country.

Why cant you accept democracy and accept where scotland and northern ireland are if you wish it be returned in kind?

Democracy can only work when we all play by its rules , and you brexiters took a severe kicking in scotland non stop over the last 4 years.

Cut off all the air supply you like toots , and bury your head in the sand , it wont make any difference.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=15103 time=1580661981 user_id=54
It does come to something when those down and out remainers who really can't bring themselves to accept where we currently are and agree to work for the good of the whole country, remain determined that we will fail spectacularly. It seems that only by having the prospect of our failure, thus proving them right and the Brexit vote wrong, brings any sort of cheer to their lives. Time for an attitude transplant.

There have been several diehards interviewed over the last few days with just this outlook. Perhaps an early new law should be to cut off their air supply on TV etc.

We kicked the shit out of your conservative party in the recent general election , where they lost 55% of the seats ruth davidson won them in scotland , you ignored that and carry on legislating on our behalf from your country.

T00ts

It does come to something when those down and out remainers who really can't bring themselves to accept where we currently are and agree to work for the good of the whole country, remain determined that we will fail spectacularly. It seems that only by having the prospect of our failure, thus proving them right and the Brexit vote wrong, brings any sort of cheer to their lives. Time for an attitude transplant.

There have been several diehards interviewed over the last few days with just this outlook. Perhaps an early new law should be to cut off their air supply on TV etc.

Barry

Throughout the process of Brexit we've had the "Doomsday cult".

First of all we were going to have 500,000 people jobless if we voted to Leave. We voted to leave and employment is up, not down.

Then they said we would feel the effects when Article 50 was enacted.

It was enacted 29/3/2017 and no doom.

Then they said we will all be doomed when we actually leave.

We left on 31st January and the £ is riding high. No sign of doom anywhere.

So now they are saying 31st December will see a "cliff edge".

:roll:  :roll:
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Barry post_id=14917 time=1580552858 user_id=51
You don't have that good a track record for predicting the future, though, do you?

I generally think if one tries to answer a question and happen to get it wrong, then that is better than the person who criticises it by maintaining he is never wrong, where it is only because he never answers a question.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14938 time=1580557063 user_id=54
That may perhaps prove so but comparison with the madness that was Hitler has no place in any discussion. I am sorry you have stuck by it. It is not worthy of you. I will not discuss it further.

I am comparing the damage to Britain, not anything else. Unless the Tories come to their senses, (that'll be the day,) five years of Boris will wreck Britain.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Barry post_id=14917 time=1580552858 user_id=51
You don't have that good a track record for predicting the future, though, do you?

Otherwise the prisons would be full of Tory politicians and labour would be firmly at the helm, guided by a bunch of WASPI women.

Predictions based on hate never turn out well and Smurfy hates everything that doesn't go his way.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GregB

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14927 time=1580555619 user_id=89
I never predicted any of that.

I did predict the Tories would make bog of Brexit and I stand by that.

Boris as Prime Minister that will do more damage to Britain than Hitler did.

Well you're an absolute disgrace to make such a comparison, I wonder if the Jewish community would agree with you. Oh yeah you're a labour supporter denier too, things are starting to make sense.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14933 time=1580556140 user_id=89
I have no intention of withdrawing that. It is the ultimate madness to have a dangerous clown like Boris as Prime Minister. Five years of him will destroy the country.

That may perhaps prove so but comparison with the madness that was Hitler has no place in any discussion. I am sorry you have stuck by it. It is not worthy of you. I will not discuss it further.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14932 time=1580555934 user_id=54
I will call you on that. You say many things but for me that's reprehensible. You should withdraw it.

I have no intention of withdrawing that. It is the ultimate madness to have a dangerous clown like Boris as Prime Minister. Five years of him will destroy the country.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe