Main Menu

Reason To Take Vaccine

Started by Scott777, January 10, 2021, 05:24:45 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

More snake-oil news:  "Dave's flu-like symptoms started within hours of having the AstaZeneca vaccination against Covid-19 on March 4. His symptoms got progressively worse over the following month."

"His foot started to swell and he was rushed to Addenbrooke's Hospital for treatment on April 10. His left leg was later amputated below the knee."

https://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/man-lost-leg-weeks-after-covid-vaccination-9198171/
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Sheepy on May 07, 2021, 02:58:25 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/indian-covid-strain-is-now-officially-of-concern/ar-BB1gsQhK?ocid=msedgntp
I feel a goalpost moving coming on, although it is good that you took the vaccine as it might work, it might not!
Ignore what they say, it's a foregone conclusion that lockdown will continue, because Covid marshals are contracted until next year, costing up to £3M.

https://www.contractsfinder.service.gov.uk/notice/839fe8e5-0e12-4631-b152-ee141aec9638?origin=SearchResults&p=1
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on May 07, 2021, 02:12:37 PM
Posters here may be highly qualified to advise on vaccines, but I don't know that. So I go to the people I am confident are being guided by highly qualified advisers — not only in the UK, but in other countries too. The response I posted from the GLA is the same in content from elsewhere. Here's a similar response to that question from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: 

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That's because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected. 

If you were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine. 

Experts are still learning more about how long vaccines protect against COVID-19 in real-world conditions. CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html 

Like other organisations' sites I consult, they frankly admit there's more to learn. But, with respect, I have more confidence in their advice than the opinions of anonymous posters...
Why would you have more confidence in people who make lots of money from the sale of vaccines?  Have you never heard of 'conflict of interest'?  Do you have confidence in big pharma?  Would they tell you if you don't really need a vaccine?

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 07, 2021, 07:01:26 AM
As posty says we don't really know if  that's the case .  The virus is still an unknown , we still dont know where its going or how it will effect people in the future wether they have had it or not .

The reason I have taken the vaccine ? Well I guess I was one of the lucky ones , having caught it and though am after 13 months still feeling the effects I am hedging my bets that if I do catch it again I wont have to be  lucky again as Im protected from the more serious consequences .

Thanks to the vaccine  just 10 days to go till the clubs grand re opening and Jeffs late night lock in  Dancing
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/indian-covid-strain-is-now-officially-of-concern/ar-BB1gsQhK?ocid=msedgntp
I feel a goalpost moving coming on, although it is good that you took the vaccine as it might work, it might not!
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Posters here may be highly qualified to advise on vaccines, but I don't know that. So I go to the people I am confident are being guided by highly qualified advisers — not only in the UK, but in other countries too. The response I posted from the GLA is the same in content from elsewhere. Here's a similar response to that question from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: 

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That's because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected. 

If you were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine. 

Experts are still learning more about how long vaccines protect against COVID-19 in real-world conditions. CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html 

Like other organisations' sites I consult, they frankly admit there's more to learn. But, with respect, I have more confidence in their advice than the opinions of anonymous posters...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: patman post on May 06, 2021, 09:39:26 PM
I've had coronavirus. Do I still need the vaccine? 
If you have had COVID-19 then your body [HIGHLIGHT]may have[/HIGHLIGHT] built up some natural immunity to the virus, however [HIGHLIGHT]we don't know[/HIGHLIGHT] how long this immunity lasts or if it fully protects you from catching COVID-19 again. [HIGHLIGHT]It is likely that natural immunity won't last as long as the immunity given to you by a vaccine[/HIGHLIGHT], and [HIGHLIGHT]there is no way of knowing if you have any protection[/HIGHLIGHT]. So, it is still very important to take up the offer of a COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available to you.
https://www.london.gov.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-covid-19-faqs/ive-had-coronavirus-do-i-still-need-vaccine
This is totally ignorable because of the highlighted words.
"may have" is a dead cert.
"We don't know" is not based on the science where other SARS viruses natural immunity lasts for years.
"It is likely that natural immunity won't last as long as the immunity given to you by a vaccine" is utter BS.
"there is no way of knowing if you have any protection" - there is but the government prefer to buy in rubbish LF tests than do antibody tests before vaxing everyone.

But, Pat, keep taking the government line, even if it's illogical, and you know it is. Think for yourself, man.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

The virus is still an unknown ,
Well we never found Saddam's weapons of mass destruction, but you never know.  They might be hidden really really well, so maybe we should start bombing just in case someone else finds them.  Or just maybe we should do things based on what we do know.  🤔

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on May 06, 2021, 09:39:26 PM
If you have had COVID-19 then your body may have built up some natural immunity to the virus, however we don't know how long this immunity lasts or if it fully protects you from catching COVID-19 again. It is likely that natural immunity won't last as long as the immunity given to you by a vaccine, and there is no way of knowing if you have any protection. So, it is still very important to take up the offer of a COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available to you.
https://www.london.gov.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-covid-19-faqs/ive-had-coronavirus-do-i-still-need-vaccine

We can do without snake-oil propaganda from money grabbing shills.  Provide evidence, not establishment opinions.  The fact that people had the virus and were not very ill shows that they already had natural immunity.

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 06, 2021, 06:47:48 PM
As you well know scott I like you had the virus last year and have been cracking on with life since Ive felt up to it .

Unlike you though I am happy to take the jab if it means protecting others  and giving the government the confidence to open society .

Where do you think we would be without the vaccine ?   
And how do you know your jab protects others?  Any evidence?  So you want to give the gift of confidence to the government?    The same government that is sh*tting on everyone with unnecessary restrictions.  How sweet of you.  Maybe you could just donate your life savings to them, and tell Boris how wonderful he is.  🤣

You are welcome to take the experimental treatment.  Don't tell anyone else to, because it's ignorant and dangerous.

Sheepy

As posty says we don't really know if  that's the case .  The virus is still an unknown , we still dont know where its going or how it will effect people in the future wether they have had it or not .

The reason I have taken the vaccine ? Well I guess I was one of the lucky ones , having caught it and though am after 13 months still feeling the effects I am hedging my bets that if I do catch it again I wont have to be  lucky again as Im protected from the more serious consequences .

Thanks to the vaccine  just 10 days to go till the clubs grand re opening and Jeffs late night lock in  Dancing
Well as long as it was your own decision and you knew all the pitfalls let's hope it works out how you wish. Not like the goalposts are likely to move.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on May 06, 2021, 07:35:20 PM
He doesn't need it. He had the disease so is immune.
Same as you SW, but for some reason you chose to have yours.

patman post

If you have had COVID-19 then your body may have built up some natural immunity to the virus, however we don't know how long this immunity lasts or if it fully protects you from catching COVID-19 again. It is likely that natural immunity won't last as long as the immunity given to you by a vaccine, and there is no way of knowing if you have any protection. So, it is still very important to take up the offer of a COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available to you.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 06, 2021, 06:12:45 PMJust man up and take the needle .
He doesn't need it. He had the disease so is immune.
Same as you SW, but for some reason you chose to have yours.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on May 06, 2021, 06:33:10 PM
That's nonsense.  The end date of the clinical trials of the vaccines can be found in this link.  If trials are never complete, there would be no end date.  Drugs and medical substances are never approved for use if the trials are not complete.  The US Food & Drug Administration has said it cannot approve the Covid treatments.

Just man up and brave the new flu.  I know a sniffle can be tough, but you can't hide at home forever.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04368728?term=BNT162b2&cntry=US&draw=2

As you well know scott I like you had the virus last year and have been cracking on with life since Ive felt up to it .

Unlike you though I am happy to take the jab if it means protecting others  and giving the government the confidence to open society .

Where do you think we would be without the vaccine ?   

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 06, 2021, 06:12:45 PM
As has already been explained 'trials' are never complete . All drug companies are winging it to some extent .

Just man up and take the needle . If you need some moral support we are here for you  ;)
That's nonsense.  The end date of the clinical trials of the vaccines can be found in this link.  If trials are never complete, there would be no end date.  Drugs and medical substances are never approved for use if the trials are not complete.  The US Food & Drug Administration has said it cannot approve the Covid treatments.

Just man up and brave the new flu.  I know a sniffle can be tough, but you can't hide at home forever.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04368728?term=BNT162b2&cntry=US&draw=2