Main Menu

Capital Punishment

Started by Wiggles, January 16, 2020, 10:12:24 AM

« previous - next »

Wiggles

Got to be careful here, I keep getting warnings for daring to have an opinion. We have drifted away from the thread title, and started to worry about IRA terrorists. That fact is the Guildford four were all IRA members, and that alone justified them being hung. We now live in a day an age where prison cells are at a premium, and the population is massive. Surely, even if it means we execute a few innocent people a year, it's a small price to pay in order the tax payers money isn't spent keeping scumbags alive !
A hand up, not a hand out

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=13560 time=1579369524 user_id=62
So effectively the British police saved him from being crippled by the IRA? And not a word of thanks from the Corbynistas  

Still, capital punishment is a bit final and should be added to the list of fun things we did before but have grown out of now.

:lol:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas post_id=13548 time=1579357247 user_id=58
Who?

Certainly not old guiseppe , and gerry conlon was nothing more than a petty thief who was threatened more than once of being kneecapped by the ira .

So effectively the British police saved him from being crippled by the IRA? And not a word of thanks from the Corbynistas  

Still, capital punishment is a bit final and should be added to the list of fun things we did before but have grown out of now.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=13546 time=1579357011 user_id=62
 Or leaves cannabis to sweat?

Cannabis residue in the form of aromatic hydrocarbons comes out in sweat, especially in regular users. (That can confuse an sniffer dog trained to detect explosives.) Until that was realised people were assumed to have handled some types of explosives if they happened to fit the profile of a mad bomber/terrorist.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=13546 time=1579357011 user_id=62

Weren't some of the suspects heading off for an IRA funeral the after the bombings?

Who?

Certainly not old guiseppe , and gerry conlon was nothing more than a petty thief who was threatened more than once of being kneecapped by the ira .

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=13543 time=1579356508 user_id=63
Yes, when you f*ck up the amount of NaOH used to analyse the swabs by a factor of ten, you can get all sorts of false positives...

John the guildford four were innocent. The IRA guy who commited the pub bombing was later caught and told the police they had innocent people in prison  , it was him that did it two years after the guildford fours conviction.

QuoteThe six known members of the Balcombe Street Gang's ASU were Hugh Doherty, Joseph O'Connell, Eddie Buttler and Harry Duggan (these four volunteers were captured at the Balcombe Street Siege). Liam Quinn (a US-born volunteer) and Brendan Dowd were also active volunteers within the unit, there were also at least two unidentified female members who accompanied Dowd and O'Connell during the Guildford pub bombings.[citation needed]

O'Connell and fellow ASU member Dowd flew from Shannon Airport, County Clare, to Heathrow in early August 1974, under the pretense of looking for work in London. They rented a flat in Fulham, West London, for both living quarters and the storage of nitroglycerin and other bomb making equipment

O'Connell, as the bomb-maker of the group, was responsible for making the first devices the ASU detonated in their campaign, during the Guildford pub bombings on 5 October 1974. This was the beginning of a wide range of attacks O'Connell was involved in. They varied from the kidnapping of a bus inspector and the bombing of the Kings Arms, Woolwich, to throwing hand bombs in Sir Edward Heath's club and the murder of an insurance broker
[/b]

There is no question of guilt as wiggy suggests .They received an apology from the uk prime minister Tony Blair after spending 15 years in the jail for something they didnt do.

QuoteBlair's apology to Guildford four

Twenty-five years after four young people were wrongfully convicted of the Guildford pub bombings in 1974, Tony Blair has become the first person in authority to apologise for the miscarriage of justice.

In a letter to Courtney Kennedy Hill, the American wife of Paul Hill, one of the Guildford four, he said he was "very sorry" they were wrongly imprisoned.

Details of the apology were revealed in a special two-part edition of BBC Northern Ireland's Spotlight programme last night which told Mr Hill's story.

Mr Hill, Gerry Conlon, Patrick Armstrong and Carole Richardson were given life sentences for bombing public houses in Guildford, Surrey. Each spent 15 years in prison before their convictions were overturned by the court of appeal in 1989.
[/b]

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/jun/06/northernireland.davidpallister">https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/jun ... dpallister">https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/jun/06/northernireland.davidpallister

I know we differ on our views of capital punishment , but its ridiculous to suggest they were in any way guilty or their acquittal was in any way suspect.

It was a miscarriage of justice , and had there been capital punishment then they would have swung on a rope for something they didnt do and it would have been no good to them 15 years later being acquitted would it?

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13419 time=1579252323 user_id=89

Aromatic hydrocarbon residue found by swabbing peoples hands is NOT evidence of handling explosives, the same residue can come from handling a new pack of cards or a cannabis residue sweated out, and many other reasons.

Who buys new cards? Or leaves cannabis to sweat?

Weren't some of the suspects heading off for an IRA funeral the after the bombings? They clearly deserved a good kicking, but not to be sent down for years and years.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Aromatic hydrocarbon residue found by swabbing peoples hands is NOT evidence of handling explosives, the same residue can come from handling a new pack of cards or a cannabis residue sweated out, and many other reasons.

Yes, when you f*ck up the amount of NaOH used to analyse the swabs by a factor of ten, you can get all sorts of false positives...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=13421 time=1579253132 user_id=87
They were released because the police corrupted the evidence. The little evidence they did legitimately did have was not solid, but that doesn't mean they were innocent. They were known members of the IRA, and in my opinion that was a hangable offence in it's self

:roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Wiggles

Quote from: Barry post_id=13432 time=1579261190 user_id=51
Why do you continue to post such claptrap? Criminals come in all shapes and sizes, as do the kindest people on Earth.

Your right, they do come in different shapes and sizes, and I can see right through the lot of them. Take it from me, the Guildford four are a shifty bunch

Barry

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=13430 time=1579259902 user_id=87
Rubbish, I have been around a long time, and know a villain when I see one. They look as guilty as hell to me, and should have faced the gallows

Why do you continue to post such claptrap? Criminals come in all shapes and sizes, as do the kindest people on Earth.
† The end is nigh †

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13426 time=1579256061 user_id=89
Never judge people by what they look like.

Rubbish, I have been around a long time, and know a villain when I see one. They look as guilty as hell to me, and should have faced the gallows

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=13425 time=1579255767 user_id=87
Just googled their images. I have never seen a guiltier bunch of villains in my life.

Never judge people by what they look like.

Wiggles

You seem to have a very strange circle of people you know. (Seriously.)

If you bothered to actually read why they were freed there is no doubt they were innocent.

There are also other cases where "traces of explosives" found on people were nothing of the kind.  

Just googled their images. I have never seen a guiltier bunch of villains in my life.

papasmurf

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=13420 time=1579252453 user_id=84
As a general interest observation and rather against my own beliefs and in support of your point, the topical series White House Farm has reignited questions regarding the guilt of Jeremey Bamber. At the time I was as convinced as most of his guilt, but it is becoming increasingly apparent that the police entirely mishandled the case and as a result the safety of the conviction is increasingly in doubt.

I have always had doubts about that case.