Main Menu

Heavy handed?

Started by T00ts, August 09, 2024, 06:03:10 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2024, 08:39:46 PM
Nick I have explained that situation several times and exactly why at that time my wife and I HAD to have visas.(It was a requirement of the Canadian airline at that time.)
I am pissed with you calling me a liar. Frankly you would look VERY silly if I I sued you because I have all the documentation for that trip in a box folder. (That includes the correspondence with Devon and Cornwall police about the circumstances of me being arrested It was back in 1988.)
If I were Admin of a forum and a member threatened to sue me they would not be a member any more. But I can be a bit heavy handed!
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Nick I have explained that situation several times and exactly why at that time my wife and I HAD to have visas.(It was a requirement of the Canadian airline at that time.)
I am pissed with you calling me a liar. Frankly you would look VERY silly if I I sued you because I have all the documentation for that trip in a box folder. (That includes the correspondence with Devon and Cornwall police about the circumstances of me being arrested It was back in 1988.)

+++

Nick

Feel free to sue me, I need a good laugh. 
BTW I won't be responding to your nonsense again. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2024, 08:41:42 PM
So do the courts. In other areas the criminal records of some of those ending up in court, is astounding to say the least.
How can the courts know about private videos that weren't reported or issued to police? That's just a ridiculous statement. 

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on August 13, 2024, 08:23:50 PM
Nowt wrong with my memory Smurf and your reply is you to a T  lol.
Best memory in the business!
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: patman post on August 13, 2024, 03:16:58 PM
Bit of a mixed up post there. First, you say: "should have been stopped by police (again, where were they?)".

Then you say: "It's become a complete police state - it's like North Korea or something".

Which is it?

Most of the protesters weren't peaceful or just exercising their right to free speech. The amount of damage, looting, attacking setting fire to properties, and chanting racial slurs shows this.

Starmer has so far played it right. Those involved in organising violent protests, looting, riots, arson, battling and injuring police are being arrested and tried. Some have already pleaded guilty and been jailed. These quick actions appear to have halted the riots even more surely than the army or water cannon would have done.

As an aside, if Americans are laughing at the UK, they are obviously failing to notice how most of the rest of the world is amused and laughing at the way their weird political and legal systems are unravelling...

Both things can be true at once, the police didn't do their job properly and let violent yobs (and apparently older men) smash up towns with advanced knowledge it was going to happen, while also acting like gestapo and imprisoning completely innocent peaceful protesters. There's no contradiction other than the one you just invented and insist I'm espousing

The "quick actions" have meant buildings and cars were destroyed where it clearly wasn't necessary

You seem to be lying about the majority of them not being peaceful. I've watched the videos and the majority were definitely peaceful in all videos I saw from all areas, from London to Middlesbrough. I suggest you are just biased against them and want to tar them all with the same brush to suit your agenda

The Americans are laughing at that idiotic police commissioner saying he can extradite Americans. You can laugh at America all you want yourself, but I'm pretty sure with an MP like Diane Abbott in your constituency sitting in the commons - and people like Angela Rayner on the front bench in the UK, the UK is the world's laughing stock
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2024, 01:16:46 PM
That is just one of many videos. Those ending up in court are predominantly adults. (Some of them are pensioners.)

Pretty sure I linked a video on here the other day where everyone got arrested in a kettle/cordon (incl the videographer) who had committed no crimes

Most I've seen committing violence on videos from all the protests looked youngish if not 9 year old kids or younger as in Middlesbrough, others were older such as in their 20s etc. That guy people are talking about who was wielding a cricket bat but didn't actually attack anyone is a perfect example, what did he actually smash up and whom did he hit? What criminal charges are those older people you list actually facing - real assault caught on video? Or simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time, because I've now watched videos from across the UK and this protest isn't as it's been made out to be, by all sides to suit their respective agendas
+++

cromwell

Smurf chill out,does any of it matter?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 13, 2024, 08:35:05 PM
 I know things about the local people that were involved that wasn't necessary reported.
So do the courts. In other areas the criminal records of some of those ending up in court, is astounding to say the least.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 13, 2024, 08:27:20 PM
Same as when he got issued a U.S. visa just in case he got diverted lol lol lol  Complete and utter BS.
Nick I have explained that situation several times and exactly why at that time my wife and I HAD to have visas.(It was a requirement of the Canadian airline at that time.)
 I am pissed with you calling me a liar. Frankly you would look VERY silly if I I sued you because I have all the documentation for that trip in a box folder. (That includes the correspondence with Devon and Cornwall police about the circumstances of me being arrested It was back in 1988.)

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on August 13, 2024, 08:26:46 PM
Read what I said, Nick.  We don't know what sort of bat.  I recall it was wooden.  So maybe a table tennis bat.  I'm sure he was not imprisoned for smashing anything up.
I'm not playing semantic games Scott, this is my home town, he was identified in the riots and it wasn't as an innocent bystander. I know things about the local people that were involved that wasn't necessary reported. I see videos that are shared via WhatsApp that the media won't see. Just cause you don't know about it doesn't make it untrue. 

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 13, 2024, 08:23:50 PM
Nowt wrong with my memory Smurf and your reply is you to a T  lol.
Same as when he got issued a U.S. visa just in case he got diverted lol lol lol  Complete and utter BS. 

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on August 13, 2024, 08:19:16 PM
Was he hoping a game of cricket broke out? 🤦

Read what I said, Nick.  We don't know what sort of bat.  I recall it was wooden.  So maybe a table tennis bat.  I'm sure he was not imprisoned for smashing anything up.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2024, 08:05:42 PM
I have never mentioned truffles on ANY internet forum, because I do not like them. So there is something badly wrong with you memory. (Plus France is not Brittany.) Also there are no  truffles in Brittany it is the wrong area.
Truffles are found in Burgundy, Dordogne, Provence Champagne-Ardenne, Franche-Comte, and Lorraine.
Britain as a description does not include NI, which is why I used Britain.
Nowt wrong with my memory Smurf and your reply is you to a T  lol.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?