Brexit to still go ahead despite coronavirus.

Started by Thomas, April 17, 2020, 12:27:08 PM

« previous - next »

Stevlin

Quote from: Nick post_id=21833 time=1587310869 user_id=73
We are no longer a member but have agreed a transition period that WILL end this year.

If we are in denial, where is the link showing the transition period  will not end?

You are wasting your time in attempting to reason the Gorbals Gob Nick - he tends to ignore reality.....albeit, 'reality' changes day by day with regards to Brexit. The referendum result clearly hasn't been accepted by the majority of the Remainiacs, which includes most of the self centred Parliamentarians, so UNTIL we have truly completed the so called 'transition' period, it shouldn't be assumed that we are 'out', or even will be truly' out when the transition period is formally completed.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21860 time=1587317921 user_id=58
Nick , you mentioned control of uk laws from memory as one of the main reasons you wanted out the eu ,i remember you arguing it on the old forum in one of our many jousts.

The fact remains all the red lines brexiters wanted have still not been fulfilled. You have withdrawn 73 meps and lowered a flag and thats it.

Pressure is mouting on the uk gov to stop or delay brexit fruther at the end of the year , and thats from those within the tory party who are brexiters themselves.

Have you any articles where Brexiteers within the party are requesting a further extension? I've not heard any rumblings from within the party from Brexiteers.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

The tories must thank their lucky stars every single day the labour party are their one and only opposition in westminster. honestly. 8-)  :lol:  :-?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

To be fair just thought i would mention the starmer bounce seems to be going well............. :lol:

QuoteBritain Elects

@britainelects

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 51% (-4)

LAB: 32% (+3)

via @OpiniumResearch

, 15 - 17 Apr

Chgs. w/ 09 Apr
[/b]

Thomas

Quote from: Nick post_id=21859 time=1587317756 user_id=73
Once they have been in the EU a couple more years they will get residency or even citizenship then we wouldn't be able to stop them.

I didn't link the 2 million as all fighting men, you need to read what people post and not react to what you think they put.

ISIS made a statement some years back stating that when they enter Europe it will be as refugees.

Nick , you mentioned control of uk laws from memory as one of the main reasons you wanted out the eu ,i remember you arguing it on the old forum in one of our many jousts.

The fact remains all the red lines brexiters wanted have still not been fulfilled. You have withdrawn 73 meps and lowered a flag and thats it.

Pressure is mouting on the uk gov to stop or delay brexit fruther at the end of the year , and thats from those within the tory party who are brexiters themselves.

Nick

Quote from: Javert post_id=21857 time=1587317428 user_id=64
Syrians are not EU citizens.

Our ability to prevent Syrians coming into the UK is identical whether or not we are in the EU.

Also, suggesting that all 2 million of them are fighting men is ridiculous but let's leave that aside and address the first point ^^

Once they have been in the EU a couple more years they will get residency or even citizenship then we wouldn't be able to stop them.

I didn't link the 2 million as all fighting men, you need to read what people post and not react to what you think they put.

ISIS made a statement some years back stating that when they enter Europe it will be as refugees.

Thomas

Quote from: Javert post_id=21857 time=1587317428 user_id=64

Our ability to prevent Syrians coming into the UK is identical whether or not we are in the EU.

Also, suggesting that all 2 million of them are fighting men is ridiculous but let's leave that aside and address the first point ^^

lets not get sidetracked into minutiae. We already discussed this on the old forum regarding "muslim immigration " that nick and others thought was the eu fault.

As we can see from covid 19 , the current brexiter uk governemtn cant even control our borders unlike  what other eu members are doing to combat this virus , so i dont have much hope of controlling migration outside the eu.

Im waiting to hear from brexiters why they are now attempting to move the goal posts of why they wanted to leave the eu and re interpret what membership actually means to them.

FFS we just went through 4 years of arguing about red lines and fom , to them now appearing to ignore or dismiss all this as though it didnt matter.

What the feck was it all for then?

Javert

Quote from: Nick post_id=21845 time=1587314937 user_id=73
My main reason for wanting out was to stop 2 million unknown Syrians from crossing our border. Young fighting age men with brand new trainers on trying to pass off as 13 year olds. Girls being raped on NYE, going to court to ban OctoberFest.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick post_id=21845 time=1587314937 user_id=73
My main reason for wanting out was to stop 2 million unknown Syrians from crossing our border. Young fighting age men with brand new trainers on trying to pass off as 13 year olds. Girls being raped on NYE, going to court to ban OctoberFest.

That may be  , but it wasnt the only argument you gave for leaving , of which those i mentioned were among the foremost. Now like many other brexiters , they seem  to be completely forgotten.

It was well documented by tht press and media and mentioned by your last pm in her red lines which brexiters all agreed with.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21835 time=1587311329 user_id=58
"membership" is open to interpretation .You  , and many brexiters were asked why you dont like memebrship over the last four years and the main issues for you was lack of sovereignty and eu law overruling uk law , FOM , vast payments to the eu and taking on board eu rules and regulations.

Those were the main arguments for leaving , and they still exist.

You can quibble about still being a member all you like , or transition periods (bojo transition is ok , but theresa mays wasnt?) but the main factors of why you wanted out still remain.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick post_id=21833 time=1587310869 user_id=73
We are no longer a member but have agreed a transition period that WILL end this year.

If we are in denial, where is the link showing the transition period  will not end?

"membership" is open to interpretation .You  , and many brexiters were asked why you dont like memebrship over the last four years and the main issues for you was lack of sovereignty and eu law overruling uk law , FOM , vast payments to the eu and taking on board eu rules and regulations.

Those were the main arguments for leaving , and they still exist.

You can quibble about still being a member all you like , or transition periods (bojo transition is ok , but theresa mays wasnt?) but the main factors of why you wanted out still remain.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21800 time=1587304263 user_id=58
im not kidding myself. You are the ones in denial. Streetwalker tells me you are already out ( and stevlin the wirral warbler) you and borkie say you will be out the end of the year? which is it?

We will , one way or the other , see come the end of the year.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=21821 time=1587307159 user_id=63
All we need to stop that isxa few of my JERNAS systems.

They used to call them Rapier ...

Better let your government know. They seem incable of controlling your borders at present.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21734 time=1587284572 user_id=58
No we wont john. We will be by passing you completely.

I dont have much hope though john of you keeping foreigners out once you end freedom of movement and the CTA , when you cant even stop coronavirus and millions of people flying in unchecked on a daily basis at your airports.

All we need to stop that isxa few of my JERNAS systems.

They used to call them Rapier ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas post_id=21811 time=1587306145 user_id=58
Better a divorce made in heaven than a shotgun wedding and forced captivity.

Agreed
Algerie Francais !