FT: Bojo to override WA

Started by Dynamis, September 07, 2020, 04:20:38 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 12, 2020, 02:56:30 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 12, 2020, 02:46:06 PM

You are trolling for a reaction, oretending I'm a unionist again? ;)

You know I don't mean it "like that", I know your ref was a fix-up designed to maintain the status quo, have we not covered this about 10 times now?

Edit: I guess I should rephrase that.. the scot indyref was a fix-up designed by dead end (English) politicians to stitch up the Scots.

Seriously im not. What you appear to be hinting at is how much turmoil referendums cause , or how they are used to stitch people up etc etc  , with the implication being we would be better off without them?

Is that correct?

Not at all. I think referendums are useful, but IMHO just as the Scot indyref was a big cheat and stitch-up as you said yourself, so was AV and Brexit.

Now I'm not suggesting that that priceless prat Clegg should have won AV, OR that Tory Remainers should have won Brexit, I'm just saying they have to be fair - on all sides - otherwise it's a distraction designed to cheat the public, and sway public opinion. It just becomes a tool of manipulation.

The In camp shouldn't have been allowed to cheat nor should the Leavers, but they both did. It makes it a huge farce.

+++

Thomas

Quote from: Good old
Not just around the globe , but here at home , even to his own party. Don't care is all right if you really don't.  But our integrity is already in question , funny or otherwise. And it really doesn't have to be.

Your integrity , or should i say lack of it , has always been in question throughout history.

The french have reams of old sayings about england not being trusted , and that there isnt a treaty in existence england hasnt broken in history.

From america , to china , they laugh at the word integrity being used in the same sentence as "britain/England"

History books are full of dirty deeds england/britain has done to countries around the globe. Thats how you built an empire and maintaind it , by fighting dirty.

So stop talking bollocks good old , and save the integrity spiel for the numbnuts that beleive everything the bbc tell them.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 12, 2020, 02:46:06 PM

You know I don't mean it "like that", I know your ref was a fix-up designed to maintain the status quo, have we not covered this about 10 times now?

Edit: I guess I should rephrase that.. the scot indyref was a fix-up designed by dead end (English) politicians to stitch up the Scots.

Seriously im not. What you appear to be hinting at is how much turmoil referendums cause , or how they are used to stitch people up etc etc  , with the implication being we would be better off without them?

Is that correct?

If so i dont agree. Problem issues dont go away . Ireland wanted to leave the uk , and it happened. Ref or no ref.

Scotland had a ref , has the desire for independence gone away since the no vote in 2014? No  , the matter has consumed scottish politics and everyday life since ,and is growing on a daily basis. All im saying is cameron did the right thing , quite obviously there is a large majority in england who want out the eu , wether you or any other person agrees with it or not is irrelevant.

It was going to happen one way or the other. All the tories did was try and harness the feeling that was already there.

QuoteI can agree with the latter part, but Cameron only did it because he was IMHO a secret Brexiter then sabotaged it from within and made a killing on making speculative money for his mates, himself and other shady bastards.

Bloomberg covered that, google the brexit big short ...

Follow the cashola..

Aw come on mate.

We keep going back to one thing.......the english people by a large majority dont want to be in the eu . They werent brainwashed by anyone .

Cameron or anyone else didnt force them to vote out , this is what the english wanted.

This small but extremely pertinent fact just doesnt seem to sink in to certain people.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on September 12, 2020, 02:41:03 PM
Quote from: Good old on September 12, 2020, 02:32:16 PM

Brexit is done, it's going to happen . If there are unresolved problems in that , it's not the EUs fault, it's not the remain factions fault, neither asked for Brexit.  Both were always aware of the hurdles involved.
Whether a deal was wanted or needed by many brexiteers has never been clear simply because they all had different thoughts on that. 
I can't think , why a country that doesn't need a deal is going to such lengths to get one.  Boris, can only think his actions will get a concession beyond those on the table , the price ?  Our integrity questioned around the globe. In particular when the EU has said they will let us straight off the hook If Boris,s cunning plan is implemented. Get us off the hook Boris, by all means. You don't need the EUs say so. Or indeed a cunning plan.
For all those that thought they had an oven ready , it's just Boris, laugh a minute he is.

Boris is doing a great job.

I think he is pursuing the only strategy your government could possibly pursue.

Quote Our integrity questioned around the globe.

;D :D

stope it good old please.

Not just around the globe , but here at home , even to his own party. Don't care is all right if you really don't.  But our integrity is already in question , funny or otherwise. And it really doesn't have to be.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 12, 2020, 02:37:58 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 12, 2020, 02:29:08 PM
I abstained in 2016 because Cameron's reform deal was laughable, and leave were the worst crooks imaginable and I knew they would fail the country, whichever side won out.

Even if remain won, the Tories would have found yet another 'big issue' to get us worked up about like with AV in 2011, which was a joke. Of course the Scot ref was fair enough, but Brexit and AV were both dead end politics crap designed to disorientate and distract, in my humble but shouty opinion.

of course you would say that dyno , as the scot ref maintained the status quo.  :D

QuotePeople dont like change , but change happens anyway.

Cameron did the right thing in 2015 in my opinion , even though it backfired , brexit would have rumbled on till eventually farage and the brexit party made enough political capital out of it to get into power.

Remember , they are massively eating into labour vote as well as tory , euroscepticsm was massive and growing in england , so cameron tried to put a stop to it buoyed by his success in lying to us in 2014.

I admire the english  , really i do.

Just a shame my country didnt have the same determination and backbone in 2014. Now we are a nation of complete ridicule , and the english saw their fate the same as us if they voted to remain , and took the appropriate action in 2016.

I can agree with the latter part, but Cameron only did it because he was IMHO a secret Brexiter then sabotaged it from within and made a killing on making speculative money for his mates, himself and other shady bastards.

Bloomberg covered that, google the brexit big short ...

Follow the cashola...
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on September 12, 2020, 02:32:16 PM

Brexit is done, it's going to happen . If there are unresolved problems in that , it's not the EUs fault, it's not the remain factions fault, neither asked for Brexit.  Both were always aware of the hurdles involved.
Whether a deal was wanted or needed by many brexiteers has never been clear simply because they all had different thoughts on that. 
I can't think , why a country that doesn't need a deal is going to such lengths to get one.  Boris, can only think his actions will get a concession beyond those on the table , the price ?  Our integrity questioned around the globe. In particular when the EU has said they will let us straight off the hook If Boris,s cunning plan is implemented. Get us off the hook Boris, by all means. You don't need the EUs say so. Or indeed a cunning plan.
For all those that thought they had an oven ready , it's just Boris, laugh a minute he is.

Boris is doing a great job.

I think he is pursuing the only strategy your government could possibly pursue.

Quote Our integrity questioned around the globe.

;D :D

stope it good old please.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2020, 02:37:52 PM

I do and with good reason, they are callous bastards who care for no-one but themselves.
Come the hard Brexit the Tories are going to shaft the majority of the population without lubricant.

yawn.

You have been telling us the same thing about the tories for ten years now. People are laughing at you and dont take you serious.

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 12, 2020, 02:29:08 PM
I abstained in 2016 because Cameron's reform deal was laughable, and leave were the worst crooks imaginable and I knew they would fail the country, whichever side won out.

Even if remain won, the Tories would have found yet another 'big issue' to get us worked up about like with AV in 2011, which was a joke. Of course the Scot ref was fair enough, but Brexit and AV were both dead end politics crap designed to disorientate and distract, in my humble but shouty opinion.

of course you would say that dyno , as the scot ref maintained the status quo.  :D

People dont like change , but change happens anyway.

Cameron did the right thing in 2015 in my opinion , even though it backfired , brexit would have rumbled on till eventually farage and the brexit party made enough political capital out of it to get into power.

Remember , they were massively eating into labour vote as well as tory , euroscepticsm was massive and growing in england , so cameron tried to put a stop to it buoyed by his success in lying to us in 2014.

I admire the english  , really i do.

Just a shame my country didnt have the same determination and backbone in 2014. Now we are a nation of complete ridicule , and the english saw their fate the same as us if they voted to remain , and took the appropriate action in 2016.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 12, 2020, 02:33:01 PM
"you hate the tories".

I do and with good reason, they are callous bastards who care for no-one but themselves.
Come the hard Brexit the Tories are going to shaft the majority of the population without lubricant.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2020, 02:26:21 PM

in case you hadn't noticed the issue of remain or leave crosses political boundaries. I would still want to leave , (eventually,) with the Tories nowhere near the process.

It does cross political boundaries. What has this got to do with me pointing out your opportunism on the subject of brexit to oppose the tories?

You admit you want to leave the eu ,so no one should take you seriously on the subject of remain or leave  ,because as i keep saying , the only issue that is important to you is opposing the tories for opposition sake.

That is you whole political philosophy summed up in a few words.

Fishing rights , northern ireland , the break up of the uk , trade deals , etc etc etc  you couldnt give  a shit about or even have any interest in except in how you can use them to damage the tories.

We all date various issues we find interesting or want to know about , you have one message , "you hate the tories".

Your support for remain is merely lukewarm and extremely shallow , and should therefore be dismissed accordingly.

Good old

Borg Refinery

Btw, the Tory Remainers blamed the EU for everything ever so feck those lying bastards.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 12, 2020, 02:20:01 PM

If the tories supported remain , you would be supporting leave.

in case you hadn't noticed the issue of remain or leave crosses political boundaries. I would still want to leave , (eventually,) with the Tories nowhere near the process.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2020, 02:16:26 PM
I voted remain only because I knew the Tories would make a complete bog of leave.

For the five hundredth time , thats what i have said to you over and over , you dont care about brexit or remaining , its just a convenient stick to beat the tories with .

If the tories supported remain , you would be supporting leave.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 12, 2020, 01:58:44 PM

Did you vote leave or remain in 2016?

For about the 50th time, (literally,) I voted remain only because I knew the Tories would make a complete bog of leave.