Off topic thread (to the tower)

Started by cromwell, November 09, 2019, 12:24:10 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on December 21, 2020, 10:17:43 AM
I have been given a shopping list that is the length of a bible and told that I am in charge of cooking the meats this Christmas. So in another hour or so I will be off to Sainsbury's and can only pity any poor son of a whore that stands between me and four or five kilos of best brisket.

I shouldn't think you will have much competition!   ;D  News channels are gaily ramping up the panic though. It has breathed new life into their love of panic/disaster broadcasting so you might be down to tinned corned beef!

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 21, 2020, 10:06:54 AM
More correctly accompanied freight has been stopped. Trailers can be loaded/unloaded from the ferries by "tug." (Special tractor with 5th wheel hitch just used in docks/RORO ferry terminals.
It is not a panic situation (yet.) 
IF people don't panic buy in supermarkets, (pigs will fly,) there should be no problems (Yet.)

I have been given a shopping list that is the length of a bible and told that I am in charge of cooking the meats this Christmas. So in another hour or so I will be off to Sainsbury's and can only pity any poor son of a whore that stands between me and four or five kilos of best brisket.
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on December 21, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
lets be honest dynamis , who actually takes smurf seriously? He is well known across many forums for screaming bully when folk rip his posts to shreds over his many inconsistencies over the years , while himself talking about killing others who dont hold his views .( esther mcvey tory mp).

When he can't handle debate , he simply trys to shut it down.

Im more impressed with barry and cromwells showing remarkable restraint dealing with him . This is probably the longest period he has went without a long term ban , but i can see glimmers of patience starting to run out.

Welp, he's run everyone's posts down in several threads recently using facts, which even people who detest him and try to belittle him at every opportunity had to concede to him. Even with my snide crap could not fault him for this.  ::) ....(....)....

I don't for a second think he's stupid. He's just extremely stubborn and very insulting, then again he is a biker who hangs around mostly with others with nicknames like "rat" and "satan", so this is mild fare compared to what they talk about. Killing Esther McVey is 'mild' in comparison.

I get pretty sick of pappy but I still can't help but like the fella, same with many here, and I don't give a flying f**k if it's reciprocated or not.

I've been perma-banned from just about every fora I've ever posted on except here & 1 other place; everytime because of corrupt admins, exactly like here.

And even what pappy posts is mild compared to what certain other posters have posted about killing all 650 MPs, some of the folks who wrote that were even admins and mods here... ;) ;) ;)

So let's be frank, or maybe not.
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on December 21, 2020, 09:49:52 AM
Well, Nick says I'm on the verge of being banned yet again, for 'banter'.

So long as we know that consistent standards are upheld here, that's what matters.

According to pappy and many others, I'm a nasty bully who's internet access should be restricted, so at least they can agree on something those two. ;)

lets be honest dynamis , who actually takes smurf seriously? He is well known across many forums for screaming bully when folk rip his posts to shreds over his many inconsistencies over the years , while himself talking about killing others who dont hold his views .( esther mcvey tory mp).

When he cant handle debate , he simply trys to shut it down.

Im more impressed with barry and cromwells showing remarkable restraint dealing with him . This is probably the longest period he has went without a long term ban , but i can see glimmers of patience starting to run out.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borg Refinery

Well, Nick says I'm on the verge of being banned yet again, for 'banter'.

So long as we know that consistent standards are upheld here, that's what matters.

According to pappy and many others, I'm a nasty bully who's internet access should be restricted, so at least they can agree on something those two. ;)
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on December 21, 2020, 09:42:11 AM
That implies I am a bully, then. So long as we know.

you arent a bully , and banter is the norm across every internet platform i come across , be it twitter facebook internet forums or anything else.

If pappy cant stand the heat , he should stay out the kitchen.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 21, 2020, 07:51:41 AM
"Banter," is the excuse bullies use.
That implies I am a bully, then. So long as we know.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 20, 2020, 10:58:52 PM
There is sensible debate, interspersed with some banter, normal on forums and if you kill all the banter, you kill the forum.

"Banter," is the excuse bullies use.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2020, 02:20:28 PMIt is impossible for any sensible debate to take place.
There is sensible debate, interspersed with some banter, normal on forums and if you kill all the banter, you kill the forum.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2020, 03:10:29 PM
What Bolsheviks?  You don't appear to have any intelligence.
Don't start Smurfy, I have put tons of it up. It isn't my fault you were busy trying to get everyone shot. Oh yes it is, oh no it isn't.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Which about sums up your intelligence in one Smurfy.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2020, 02:21:32 PM
Because they are idiots and morons.
People trying to escape the Bolsheviks, are not necessarily idiots or morons, probably queueing up for more might make them insane though.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 20, 2020, 01:48:14 PM
Pappy - you really aren't helping your cause. Why comment on numbers or insult them constantly? It's difficult to get an interesting thread going if there is someone constantly pouring cold water on it. You claim a good sense of humour - you make your wife laugh at least - why can't we enjoy it too?

The insulting is pouring my direction with a constant stream of abuse, ridicule, and abuse by what can only be described as bullies with a mental age of 10.
It is impossible for any sensible debate to take place.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2020, 01:31:39 PM
Not many is it, and few are contributing.

Pappy - you really aren't helping your cause. Why comment on numbers or insult them constantly? It's difficult to get an interesting thread going if there is someone constantly pouring cold water on it. You claim a good sense of humour - you make your wife laugh at least - why can't we enjoy it too?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2020, 01:01:11 PM
Members are shown in forum members list.

You would therefore know there were 13 new members last month and 21 the previous month, making your previous statement a lie and not just made up.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.