This deal is no good either

Started by T00ts, October 20, 2019, 09:04:18 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=1954 time=1571813798 user_id=75
It's a lot for Parliament to review so I don't understand why Mr Johnson is pulling the bill just because MP's, both leave and remain supporting, want the time to properly understand what it contains.

He isnt pulling the bill. From what i understand he is pausing it. I appreciate things are moving very quickly though.

I think he would be best accepting he isnt going to leave by halloween , and go all out trying to get a general election.

QuoteWould you sign an important contract if the other party only gave you a short time to read it and threatened to pull it if you didn't sign straight away?

I appreciate this new WA is slightly different from mays , but the point is that palriament has had years to come up with a plan to brexit and have voted againt practically everything apart from delay and obfusticate.

Demanding time to scrutinise it might sound logical , but in reality for the majority of them its nothing more than a chance to delay and point score against johnson.

QuoteIt's important to note it's not just the bill they need to review but several other documents which are referenced by the bill. This fact seems to be being omitted by most media outlets, it seems for the purpose of undermining parliaments desire to do their job of scrutinising bills put before them.

Brexit is going to happen ,and its time that parliament accepted that fact , and stopped delaying the inevitable.

On top of that labour are going to take the beating of their existence for how they have behaved , at the next general election.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Ciaphas

It's a lot for Parliament to review so I don't understand why Mr Johnson is pulling the bill just because MP's, both leave and remain supporting, want the time to properly understand what it contains.

Would you sign an important contract if the other party only gave you a short time to read it and threatened to pull it if you didn't sign straight away?

It's important to note it's not just the bill they need to review but several other documents which are referenced by the bill. This fact seems to be being omitted by most media outlets, it seems for the purpose of undermining parliaments desire to do their job of scrutinising bills put before them.

I  can only speculate that Boris wants to avoid Parliamentary scrutiny.

Cassie

BBC homepage says that Johnson ill pull the Brexit bill if his 3 day timetable is not approved. Then what?

Cassie

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=1756 time=1571745447 user_id=51
https://media3.giphy.com/media/l0G192DqS37tOmAP6/giphy.gif">

So apt! A really good find.  :lol:  :lol:

Barry

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1736 time=1571741628 user_id=54
I have got to go out for a while but I have turned into a HofC junky and may well need a fix by the time I get back. I'd like to see what happens later. Although I have a feeling it will be the inevitable.  :-x

https://media3.giphy.com/media/l0G192DqS37tOmAP6/giphy.gif">
† The end is nigh †

Cassie

The new ploy to remain, warn everyone how voting for the deal is just the start, so might as well revoke article 50 and stop it all. It will go on and on, for years said the EU spokesman on the BBC. We knew that you @@@@. we've been saying that the WA is just that, the negotiation comes later, stop trying to get us to want to remain you @@@@@

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1737 time=1571741761 user_id=57
I was into it all, but I just can't stand watching;g the Likes of Soubury, Cooper, Letwin and grieve to name a few, just getting everything they want and trashing democracy in the process. The next voting process will be so low and they've done that. I never see Labour MPs getting a grilling by the media, but the one Labour MP who has said repeatedly that he was going to vote for the deal got a right grilling from that snake on radio 5. He was going against the BBC mandate so he had to get it!!!!!

Take that you lying, cheating, untrustworthy toads. :kikass:  :kikass:  :kikass:  :kikass:  :]

I think I am getting a bit hardened to it now.

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1736 time=1571741628 user_id=54
I have got to go out for a while but I have turned into a HofC junky and may well need a fix by the time I get back. I'd like to see what happens later. Although I have a feeling it will be the inevitable.  :-x

I was into it all, but I just can't stand watching the Likes of Soubury, Cooper, Letwin and grieve to name a few, just getting everything they want and trashing democracy in the process. The next voting process will be so low and they've done that. I never see Labour MPs getting a grilling by the media, but the one Labour MP who has said repeatedly that he was going to vote for the deal got a right grilling from that snake on radio 5. He was going against the BBC mandate so he had to get it!!!!!

Take that you lying, cheating, untrustworthy toads. :kikass:  :kikass:  :kikass:  :kikass:  :]

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1733 time=1571740764 user_id=57
Are you going to sit and watch the liars go through the motions again T00ts? I'm not.

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1732 time=1571740310 user_id=54
It does worry me how many MPs waffle to little affect, how many repeat what has already been said and how few actually attend. Is the chamber broadcast across Westminster or do they simply miss what's said? It all seems incredibly inefficient.In some ways if the whole thing goes past 31st we might get some sense going without Bercow in the chair.Assuming he sticks to his word. If he doesn't there will be uproar.

Are you going to sit and watch the liars go through the motions again T00ts? I'm not.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=1729 time=1571739641 user_id=51
I think they will probably spend half a day debating how much time they need to debate the deal, whilst using up the time they need to debate the deal with 9 days to go. Yesterday they spent all day waffling about why there could not be a vote on something which had already been voted on during Saturday. Which it had not. The amendment was passed, but the substantive proposal was not. This was pointed out to Mr Speaker who always acts without fear or favour.  :fpigs:

His response was to do silly impressions, stick his fingers in his ears and shout, "What I say goes for another 10 days, so I'll do as I please, I'm untouchable".

(Paraphrased of course!)  :baah:

It does worry me how many MPs waffle to little affect, how many repeat what has already been said and how few actually attend. Is the chamber broadcast across Westminster or do they simply miss what's said? It all seems incredibly inefficient.In some ways if the whole thing goes past 31st we might get some sense going without Bercow in the chair.Assuming he sticks to his word. If he doesn't there will be uproar.

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=1698 time=1571732739 user_id=52
Ferrets in a sack,comes to mind.

I think they will probably spend half a day debating how much time they need to debate the deal, whilst using up the time they need to debate the deal with 9 days to go. Yesterday they spent all day waffling about why there could not be a vote on something which had already been voted on during Saturday. Which it had not. The amendment was passed, but the substantive proposal was not. This was pointed out to Mr Speaker who always acts without fear or favour.  :fpigs:

His response was to do silly impressions, stick his fingers in his ears and shout, "What I say goes for another 10 days, so I'll do as I please, I'm untouchable".

(Paraphrased of course!)  :baah:
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1720 time=1571736801 user_id=54
You've been abroad too long!   :lol:

Not long enough.

There is no mention anywhere of passported financial transactions and what happens in any form of Brexit.

It is a VERY important issue, and will effect people who think they never carry out a financial transactions with Europe.

My bank in France still has no idea of what will happen. Which has meant I have for my own peace of mind pre paid some transactions normally due in November and December.

(The bank also filled out some complex forms from the French government for me, whilst I was there. to prove my wife and I are not resident in France.)

Many vehicle spares whatever the origin of the vehicle are stored in Europe not the UK so they could raise dramatically in price.

(That is just one issue I have seen no official mention about.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=1718 time=1571736067 user_id=89
Boris is making Corbyn look electable.

You've been abroad too long!   :lol: