Modern English women and their European counterparts

Started by Baron von Lotsov, November 24, 2019, 09:12:35 PM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

So you are saying two wrongs make a right as long as one of those wrongs is from a woman?

This is very modernist thinking.

(excuse the oxymoron)
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12734 time=1578669596 user_id=89
Well on instance was when a hooligan on a train injures her leg. (He was sat in the corridor and would not let my mother by and my mother kicked him too hard.)

Another time an escapee from somewhere I never found out was being chased by a line of police officers and police dogs towards where I used to live.

I told my mother and she rushed outside ran towards the man and then ran alongside him telling him to "give it up man."

He came into out home and mother made him a cup of tea and a meal.

There was a knock on the door, it was the chief constable, he said:- "we are coming in to arrest that man."

My mother said:- "you are doing no such thing until the man has drunk his tea and finished his meal."

The police stayed outside until he had done that.

It's posts like this I love. What a character!

:hattip
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12749 time=1578675911 user_id=89
The hooligan incident was back in the 1960s.

Like they say, we can't do much with a sample size of one.

I used to use these trains when i was still at school in the mid 70s, so I guess the scene was similar. The hooligans were OK if you were not an arsehole and insulted them. It's about understanding their point of view.

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=12746 time=1578674459 user_id=74
Yes well talking more generally, in recent years there has been a distinct lack of gentleman to do their job.

The hooligan incident was back in the 1960s.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12745 time=1578673198 user_id=89
My mother was on her own.

Yes well talking more generally, in recent years there has been a distinct lack of gentleman to do their job. It should not even matter if the gentleman is the husband of the lady, because a true gentleman would do the same for any woman in distress. Now if your mother was in a carriage on a train, the chances are that back in the old days there would be at least one gentleman in the carriage to offer assistance.

Indeed I can quite picture the scene because on a Saturday I used to take the Metropolitan line from Uxbridge and made my way to Baker Street. Once you were about ten miles down the track you would often get hooligans coming onto the train and I've had the same problem with them. I've always managed to meander my way out of it though and never had a fight.

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=12742 time=1578672669 user_id=74
Ah got ya. Rank and file business eh!

Anyhow what a gentleman is supposed to do is that if the lady is troubled by hooligans, he must say, don't worry dear, I'll sort it out. Then he is supposed to go over to the hooligans and sort it.

My mother was on her own.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12740 time=1578671463 user_id=89
The police knew better than to mess with my mother. (One of my uncles was the local police sergeant.)

Ah got ya. Rank and file business eh!

Anyhow what a gentleman is supposed to do is that if the lady is troubled by hooligans, he must say, don't worry dear, I'll sort it out. Then he is supposed to go over to the hooligans and sort it. He will use all his skill to sort it diplomatically and he will find that nearly always works. You see hooligans might think they are tough, but the gentleman has more brains and can achieve his goal. One thing he would never do is to up the ante. Force would seldom be needed. He would look for a resolution. He would never be impolite even to hooligans, and because of that the hooligans are likely to calm down.

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=12737 time=1578670056 user_id=74
My mother has never kicked anyone in her life, nor my grandmother. I guess you come from a different upbringing. Was she threatening to kick the police if they did not follow her orders as well?

The police knew better than to mess with my mother. (One of my uncles was the local police sergeant.)

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12734 time=1578669596 user_id=89
Well on instance was when a hooligan on a train injures her leg. (He was sat in the corridor and would not let my mother by and my mother kicked him too hard.)

Another time an escapee from somewhere I never found out was being chased by a line of police officers and police dogs towards where I used to live.

I told my mother and she rushed outside ran towards the man and then ran alongside him telling him to "give it up man."

There was a knock on the door, it was the chief constable, he said:- "we are coming in to arrest that man."

My mother said:- "you are doing no such thing until the man has drunk his tea and finished his meal."

My mother has never kicked anyone in her life, nor my grandmother. I guess you come from a different upbringing. Was she threatening to kick the police if they did not follow her orders as well?

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=12731 time=1578668943 user_id=74
Why was your mother feared?

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12713 time=1578646635 user_id=89
I know very few weak women, my wife is not one, and my mother was feared, BUT if anyone had a serious problem they asked my mother for help.

Why was your mother feared?

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=11759 time=1577896594 user_id=74
A gentleman will acknowledge a woman's weakness.

I know very few weak women, my wife is not one, and my mother was feared, BUT if anyone had a serious problem they asked my mother for help.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts post_id=7292 time=1574672064 user_id=54
I find it quite depressing that in this day and age anyone can still retain the the abhorrent view that a woman is subservient, or less important than a man. In a perfect world men and women are equal. They are complementary to one another and essential for the continuance of humanity. Roles for each gender may well be different, strengths relevant to their needs are again different, but the thought that one should have to massage the other's ego for no other reason than it placates the one's view of manhood just leaves me wondering what type of person would either think that way or more importantly feel it was a subject with any space for an alternative view.

Well, I've been stabbed by the youngest and hit more than once by thec wife. Once with a rock  Hence my sarcasm when four taser tooled plod rocked up to A and E looking for me when the wife fell down the stairs
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Baron von Lotsov

A gentleman will acknowledge a woman's weakness.

I had one working as an engineer on phone lines yesterday. She was tiny, just out of college and trying to do a  man's job. I could see she was struggling, so I offered help. I mean she had these huge ladders that she had to get up against the wall and could not figure out the best way, but was good at following instructions. Unfortunately for her the training she had been given was not the answer. I think she felt a bit vulnerable but with my help the job was sorted without sweat, and she went away extremely happy. I could imagine if she were a feminist doing the job. i would not have found that a very pleasant experience, but fortunately she was normal for her age and a pleasant girl.

Why she did such a  job rather perplexed me though. I got a feeling it was maybe because of what my father said about BT. He said whatever you are going to do for them, you have to do a  stint on the lines, like even if you are say being trained to be a manageress i suppose. I think BP did the same back in the 70s where you all had to do a  stint working the rigs out in the North Sea.

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=11730 time=1577886323 user_id=63
Like I said elsewhere, both my daughters and my wife are better with the long bow than I am, and the granddaughter is coming along nicely.

And last time some scrote and his mate came burgling our house, I had to literally pull my youngest off the thug she had put down on the deck with a couple of well aimed kicks to nuts and head, because she had knelt on his neck SO hard he'd passed out and was quietly dying.

Dont mess with 'my' women ...

:hattip  Respect that you acknowledge their strength.